Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

14 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

Yeah I know right. All of these “stupid” people on here who wanted:

dk metcalf>cody ford

creed Humphrey >boogie basham 

brian orkapo >aaron maybin 

holoti ngata> Donte whitner 

And then my favorite the trade up for Sammy Watkins when some of us thought it was for  Khalil Mack from ub. 

Nice cherry picking over multiple years. Point out BB and his wins along with misses. It is a weak hindsight perspective. If you give balance it makes the criticism you give very fair. Otherwise it’s just not valid. 

• Agree 1

All the Kelvin Benjamin comparisons are hilarious. Do people forget how good he was before he discovered Sonic burgers?

Kelvin would have been an elite receiver if he gave a dang about conditioning. He had first round talent but 8th round determination. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, appoo said:

But hes slow according to all the people who know nothing about him, nothing about WR speed, nothing about grading WR's.  The gauntlet time is SUBSTANTIALLY more indicative of a WR's on field game speed than a straight line run in shorts.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I want to visit the alternate universe where the bills picked mahomes there and he never met Andy Reid…idk that he outperforms what josh has done 

Oh 100 percent. I love josh.  I wouldn’t trade him for anyone including mahomes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

You're using a straight line speed as an outlier so I just reversed it. 

I am not using straight line speed as the argument - it’s quickness and route running that I’m concerned about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats such a cop out...Coleman is playing on a spread the ball around offense loaded with weapons who will get targets in Shakir, Samuel, Kincaid, Knox, and Cook all getting targets.  Thomas should be the top guy there according to everyone on here.  And Legette will be WR1 and should be a feature, so he should see even more targets than Coleman.  

So...yeah, I don't accept this rationale.

Ok. I’m not disagreeing with your arguments. I’m also not debating that either of those 2 will be better than Coleman. But I have said multiple times, situation means more than most factors in how good someone becomes. Coleman has Allen, one of the best players in the game throwing to him. The shrimp in Carolina won’t even be in the league in 2 more years. And Lawrence isn’t on Allen’s level. But sure, I’ll go toe to toe with ya. I think Coleman sucks and I’m betting he won’t be nearly as good as Thomas and I’d be shocked he’s as good as Legette. 

45 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I just don't get how some can be so upset with draft picks, you all must watch a ton of film... and I am not being sarcastic, just can't get that opinionated or emotional about it til I watch the kid play for a few seasons

This is the thing for me - the ANGER over picking someone who has never played a down.  Why not just at least let the kid show up and go through a camp and see what kind of player he can be.  These always give me flashbacks to the Josh Allen draft thread - all the ridiculous angry a-hole takes.  My god - how about let the kid at least show up and show what he can do.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I want to visit the alternate universe where the bills picked mahomes there and he never met Andy Reid…idk that he outperforms what josh has done 

and we would have to put up with his brother and wife and his dad driving around Orchard Park s*** faced

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Silvercrw said:

Bro he is a 6'4 massive receiver... not a 5'10 165 track star. 

He also isn’t being tackled by someone getting him from behind on a straight sprint in these clips.  The punter was waiting in the back and in the other one he was working around traffic. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk that it’s weather specific but I agree overall lol a wr that can fight for jump balls and run block will be a beast in this offense 

My point is bad weather negates speed and finesse, deep balls, etc.  Teams who are more physical have the advantage and Bills have been too soft in the postseason.  We need toughness at more places than just our QB.  

This dude is gonna be a baller here and I am stoked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

I like the puck but should we be more concerned that the Patriots wanted him? They are the worst at picking receivers.  

They were when Belichick drafted their players. Who knows how much better they are now

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I won’t lie, seeing that highlight video and the video of those drills at the combine, he looks more 4.53 than 4.61

The 40 is so overblown…guys that are speedsters but not the complete package are likely training super hard for the 40 yard dash specifically to lean into the metric that sets them apart…running fast in a straight line with no one in the way and no football to catch isn’t a good gauge of anything imo

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1