Lance Zierlein: Bills should draft 2 WR in the first 3 rounds

32 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Shakir is a speed slot, Samuel is not a pure outside WR, we don't have a bona fide X or Z. One pick X, one pick Z. Pretty simple. Rookie 1 starts at X over Hollins & Shorter, Rookie 2 shares snaps at Z with Samuel and some Shakir. Unless they think they can get a cheap-ish vet plug in at either X or Z post June 1 🤷‍♂️

Shorter should have been a priority FA last year not a 5th round pick. He's eminently replaceable, good practice squad option. Hollins is here for special teams unless Shorter beats him out

The game of football is not put through that lense anymore. I want two WRs just because it’s a really deep draft but the case of this guy is a boundary and this guy is a slot is a joke. There are plenty of teams in the NFL that do not have a traditional Z or X WR. The game is now about packages. You will see whoever they draft, all the WRs, Kincaid, Cook all lining up outside the numbers 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

With our need for WR help, and this class being deep at the position, I would have no issue using both picks on receivers.

Let McDermott work with some holes on his side of the ball for a change. It's his unit that has failed to get the job done when it matters most while having everything he asked for, so he should have to suck it up this season

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Have to agree with him.  The team obviously needed help at WR last year and that was WITH a top 10 WR already on the roster.  With Diggs gone, you can hope for Samuel to stay healthy and match 75% of that production and to have Shakir double his production and then you are theoretically almost even.   That said, you are still down the production of Davis which wasn’t great, but it’s still a pretty sizable chunk of yards and TDs.   

I don’t think anybody outside of Buffalo would say the Bills are in a better spot than they were at the end of last year and WR production was a major problem down the stretch. 

Doubling down and trying to take two guys who can play the boundaries would be a big investment, but I’d argue a necessary one. 

Agree on your conclusion 100%.  

And 100% not to pick on you @DCofNC, but I'm reading what I'll call "numbers logic" from quite a few - to me, it just doesn't work to say something to the effect of "OK, Samuel can step up and give us 75% of Diggs production and Shakir can double his production and we're even" because they're different guys.  In Samuel's best year, I believe the stats were he played 74% of the time from the slot.  I'm not sure how often Shakir has lined up outside, but I don't think it's much.  

So can they both be more productive, sure, but we still need those guys who pose a significant downfield threat.  It's not just a numbers game, it's a skills game.

I don't sense that you disagree, I just feel it's appropriate to stress that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Shorter should have been a priority FA last year not a 5th round pick. He's eminently replaceable, good practice squad option. Hollins is here for special teams unless Shorter beats him out

Hollins is going to occupy that Jake Kumerow and Trent Sherfield WR4/5 special teams ace slot. He's a nice option to toss out on the boundary for a game or two if there are injuries but he's still going to occupy one of the 5-6 WR spots. Sharkir and Samuel will also occupy spots. So really you only have 2-3 "open" WR spots and if they draft WR's at picks 28 and 60 that is going to get them to 5 WR's which is what they usually carry. If they want a WR6 they are going to feel comfortable with Shorter competing with UDFA's and a kick the tires vet. 

Regardless of what you personally think of Shorter the Bills regime drafted him 150 overall in the previous draft which is only two slots lower than Shakir who was drafted 148 in 2022. Shorter didn't play at all in 2023 so he effectively red shirted his rookie season and will get another off-season fully in with the team to polish up his game. I think the regime likely feels comfortable with Shorter at WR6 even if you think he's not that great they may not even carry six WR's so if they draft two high up they probably aren't burning a third pick on roster spot they may not even carry especially when they have a lot more depth needs this year than they did going into last years draft. 

I personally am fine with a WR6 spot being a competition between Shorter, UDFA's and a low end "kick the tires" vet. Shorter is a very raw player but he's also a massive human being at 6 foot 4 and 229 pounds with 4.55 speed. Seems to me that athletic profile can make for a good special teams player and with another year to develop may have some receiving upside in 2025. I am not really liking the idea of the Bills drafting a player to compete for a WR6 spot the team may not carry. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I'm good with us grabbing a couple of WR's in the draft between the 1st and early 4th. Still, I think many people see us having added Samuel (who was almost as productive as Gabe was for us in the Commanders offense with Sam Howell as his QB) and think that is a help. They also think the other guys were taking away targets from Shakir, who proved to be a solid and sure-handed weapon down the stretch. 

OK, so two points here.

Samuel and Davis are two very different cats with different primary skillsets as WR.  Samuel is a converted running back who during his career  best year and in Washington, has taken most of his snaps from the slot.  He has the release moves and the speed to be more effective as a boundary receiver than, say, Beasley, but it's not been his primary thing.  Davis, on the other hand, just could not run those crisp routes over the middle; he lacked the quickness.  Maybe it was his ankle injuries, I don't know.  But he had the physicality and the strength to win outside and the ball tracking skills to seal the deal.

Bottom line: Davis production, and Samuel production, different production.  Would have added to each other great, don't replace each other.  Now maybe Shakir can become an outside threat, but he'd kind of be the first 29" armed player to pull that off.  Never say never, I guess.   He merits more targets, for sure though.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

With our need for WR help, and this class being deep at the position, I would have no issue using both picks on receivers.

Let McDermott work with some holes on his side of the ball for a change. It's his unit that has failed to get the job done when it matters most while having everything he asked for, so he should have to suck it up this season

I too would be fine if they get good value at pick 60 if they "double dip" at WR. But I also don't think they should "reach" for a player at WR at pick 60. IF they draft a WR at pick 28 or thereabout I think they shouldn't ignore other areas of the roster that need help just to take a WR. After addressing WR early their need at WR while there is more so a depth need in my opinion.

Assuming the team has a similar amount of targets as they did last season (about 545 which was the targets the team had last year) IF The Bills targets break out like the list below then the targets available to a WR drafted at pick 60 may only be in the 40-50 range. 

1. Kincaid- 110 targets (20 target increase from 2023)
  2. Shakir- 90 targets (doubling his targets but given that Shakir didn't start consistently playing until about 7 games into the season seems reasonable for him to take on WR2 type targets)
  3. Samuel- 70 targets (seems like he will "absorb" Gabe Davis targets)
  4. Rookie WR drafted at pick 28- 70 targets (seems reasonable to project a rookie to take on a bit less than half of Diggs targets)
  5. Knox- 50 targets (had 36 last year and was hurt for a chunk of games 14 more seems a good estimate) 
  6. Cook- 50 targets (4 less than he had last season but I think with Ty Johnson as the backup Cooks targets stay flat)
  7. Hollins- 30 targets (seems like he will absorb a lot of the WR4/5 targets that went to Harty and Sherfield)
  8. Ty Johnson- 30 targets (absorbing a little bit of Cooks targets as well as the targets that went to Murray/Harris/himself last year)

That gets you to 500 targets so there's only about 45 targets remaining and lets say injury hits you and you lose 50 targets for those above players you have about 95 targets but you have to figure that 35-50 of those targets are going to be absorbed by Morris, RB3 and Shorter (who will likely get more targets as players go down) which kind of leaves you with about 40-50 targets for a second drafted WR. It's a lot to spend a late 2nd round pick which can be used on a high end D-line or interior O-line prospect that may have more impact than a WR not getting a whole lot of targets. You probably could find a solid depth WR to take on 40-50 targets around pick 128. 

TLDR: It may not be necessary given the possible target distribution to take a second WR at pick 60. So if the value is not there at WR at pick 60 go with another need and draft a WR around pick 128 to fill that depth. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

OK, so two points here.

Samuel and Davis are two very different cats with different primary skillsets as WR.  Samuel is a converted running back who during his career  best year and in Washington, has taken most of his snaps from the slot.  He has the release moves and the speed to be more effective as a boundary receiver than, say, Beasley, but it's not been his primary thing.  Davis, on the other hand, just could not run those crisp routes over the middle; he lacked the quickness.  Maybe it was his ankle injuries, I don't know.  But he had the physicality and the strength to win outside and the ball tracking skills to seal the deal.

Bottom line: Davis production, and Samuel production, different production.  Would have added to each other great, don't replace each other.  Now maybe Shakir can become an outside threat, but he'd kind of be the first 29" armed player to pull that off.  Never say never, I guess.   He merits more targets, for sure though.

I think they likely view Shakir and Samuel splitting time at the slot and outside. Just my two cents but I don't think they are going to use Shakir or Samuel as a WR4 and draft two WR's picks 28 and 60 to play most of the boundary snaps. Shakir is simply too good to not be a primary slot WR and I doubt an organization like the Bills are going to pay Samuel 8-10 million a season for 3 years to be a gadget WR4. It would be insanely foolish to spend so much money on a Deonte Harty replacement. I do think they are going WR at or around pick 28 to have a WR that's going primarily to play on the boundary while Shakir and Samuel split the other boundary snaps. 

Edited by billsfan89

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

OK, so two points here.

I don't really worry about all of the measurements when it comes to people making plays. If a guy can shake his defender, and Josh can throw an accurate ball, then the length of a ring finger added to an arm isn't that much of a difference. I think people get too caught up on the measurement of every arm, toe, and eyelash. I don't think that small of a talking point is truly relevant if the guy is a twitchy, solid route runner with excellent hands. I do think our WR situation pushes Shakir to the outside more often than previously seen, but I think this year will be more of a committee than in years before as well.

I understand Davis and Samuel are different people, with different responsibilities. I just think that Brady will be able to utilize Samuel better than anyone else has and that Josh will be the best QB he's ever had slinging him the rock. I think that Samuel will see career highs in this offense if he stays healthy.

I'm still all for drafting two WR's. Legette and Corley. Legette and Walker. Legette and Rice. Legette and McCaffrey. Mitchell and Corley. Mitchell and Walker. Mitchell and Rice. Mitchell and McCaffrey. Franklin and another guy. Worthy and whoever. We just need to make sure JA17 has some quality options at WR outside of the ones we have now. 

Edited by H2o

19 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think they likely view Shakir and Samuel splitting time at the slot and outside. Just my two cents but I don't think they are going to use Shakir or Samuel as a WR4 and draft two WR's picks 28 and 60 to play most of the boundary snaps. Shakir is simply too good to not be a primary slot WR and I doubt an organization like the Bills are going to pay Samuel 8-10 million a season for 3 years to be a gadget WR4. It would be insanely foolish to spend so much money on a Deonte Harty replacement. I do think they are going WR at or around pick 28 to have a WR that's going primarily to play on the boundary while Shakir and Samuel split the other boundary snaps. 

Question: How many of his snaps did Shakir play from the slot last year?  Someone here must know.

I don't think the Bills are planning to use Samuel as a "gadget WR4".  I think they intend him to split his snaps between the slot (primary) and outside.

I don't think we disagree.  My primary point was just that I read a lot of people writing as though Shakir and/or Samuel can simply replace Davis, and while they can both potentially increase their production from what they had last season, they're not going to replace Davis role or the production that came from Davis filling that role.

Shakir overall had 52% of the offensive snaps last season, but he had more like 30% during the first half of the season, and 70% during the 2nd half.

Samuel had ~ half the offensive snaps for Washington through the entire season.  During his best season (2020) he had 68%.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

Even BEFORE Diggs left town, everyone in the world said "the Bills need to get more help for Josh". 

Then we shipped a 100 catch, 1,400 yard a year guy out of town, and Gabe Davis -- who, say what you want about him, scored a lot of touchdowns for this team -- is gone.

Now, when I mention double-dipping in rounds 1 and 2 at WR, I get a lot of pushback and people saying "The Bills have other needs!".

But...if the Bills needed to add a receiver BEFORE Diggs and Davis left town, they DAMNED sure need to add TWO of them now!

I understand the arguments for improving the defense, but to me, nothing trumps surrounding our franchise QB with as much weaponry as possible in terms of importance. Let's end this "Bills don't give Allen enough help" narrative once and for all. 

This is why I was hoping that the Bills had tried to sign another veteran WR. Getting Samuel was good, but if they also pursued a player like Van Jefferson or Donovan Peoples-Jones, the wide receiver group would be more stable.

If they want to draft two receivers early, fine. I just don't expect huge things from rookie players right away.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t think anyone believes that the Bills are all set at WR.  To me, they need 2, but that won’t solve all of their problems by itself.  So, I feel a modest down year coming.  Get at least 1 receiver, maybe 2 if they are BPA in 1st and 2nd, but don’t expect that will solve the problems of being paper thin on defense this year.

The thing I want to avoid is trading next year’s early picks.  They are set up well to get competitive again next year - don’t give those picks away.

Nope, that won't work if you want 2 early WR picks, imo. Even if you stick at #28 or trade back, #60 is not a good spot. There will be a run on WRs starting at the top of the second and petering out somewhere in the mid-forties. Have to move up, and you can get pretty high up from #60 with one of those 2025 seconds.

3 hours ago, yall said:

Get me two wide receivers in the first three rounds, and McDermott can have defense for the rest of the draft.

You need a RB2 somewhere in the draft, and it would be foolish not to pick up OL depth. 

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Kincaid, Samuel, and Shakir will all be better which is a dang solid core. Just add a guy in the draft and move on.

I’m on the same page and we are in the minority for sure. Add in Cook and Knox and I’m not sure the 2nd WR gets enough targets. With real needs at edge, safety, cb, rb, ol depth I’m not sure that’s the best way to go.

Unless the board just falls the Bills way and they can get Legette/Mitchell/ Pearsall for example. I think too many other needs and only so many targets. Does the 2nd WR get more snaps than Samuel or Shakir? I just don’t see it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Agree on your conclusion 100%.  

And 100% not to pick on you @DCofNC, but I'm reading what I'll call "numbers logic" from quite a few - to me, it just doesn't work to say something to the effect of "OK, Samuel can step up and give us 75% of Diggs production and Shakir can double his production and we're even" because they're different guys.  In Samuel's best year, I believe the stats were he played 74% of the time from the slot.  I'm not sure how often Shakir has lined up outside, but I don't think it's much.  

So can they both be more productive, sure, but we still need those guys who pose a significant downfield threat.  It's not just a numbers game, it's a skills game.

I don't sense that you disagree, I just feel it's appropriate to stress that.

Agreed completely.   I think both are similar to Diggs in that they CAN play outside, but are better served inside.   Diggs is great from the slot and really good outside, but when he’s the only thing ya got..  now they have nobody of starting quality that’s truly an outside guy.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Nope, that won't work if you want 2 early WR picks, imo. Even if you stick at #28 or trade back, #60 is not a good spot. There will be a run on WRs starting at the top of the second and petering out somewhere in the mid-forties. Have to move up, and you can get pretty high up from #60 with one of those 2025 seconds.

You need a RB2 somewhere in the draft, and it would be foolish not to pick up OL depth. 

I’m flexible at 60 - if they don’t like the WR pick another position.  My point is - accept a bit of step back and get good players.  I’m not forcing WR in any round this year.

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Can someone please walk me through this desire to use to high picks on a wide receiver?  We currently have 4 pass catchers we are comfortable with, and opportunities at other positions.  I am fully on board with receiver in the first two rounds, but only the one.  Who is this second receiver going to replace on the field.   1st rounder, Samuel, Shakir, Kincaid, Knox. You could also argue Shorter gets a crack.  

I’d much rather see us try to get someone that can push for the FS, RG, HB2, and DL depth than a 6th pass catcher 

Let Allen create the next Diva WR, not the other way around. 

When OC Brady came in the ball got spread around including RB's and the wins came. 

Behind closed doors probably final straw for Diggs.

To anyone who's played basketball on this board, it's no fun playing with a point guard who shoots all the time. Score sometimes yes, but distributing the ball is what makes teams win.

Josh is our point guard! 

Let him distribute & score when needed. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't really worry about all of the measurements when it comes to people making plays. If a guy can shake his defender, and Josh can throw an accurate ball, then the length of a ring finger added to an arm isn't that much of a difference. I think people get too caught up on the measurement of every arm, toe, and eyelash. I don't think that small of a talking point is truly relevant if the guy is a twitchy, solid route runner with excellent hands. I do think our WR situation pushes Shakir to the outside more often than previously seen, but I think this year will be more of a committee than in years before as well.

I understand Davis and Samuel are different people, with different responsibilities. I just think that Brady will be able to utilize Samuel better than anyone else has and that Josh will be the best QB he's ever had slinging him the rock. I think that Samuel will see career highs in this offense if he stays healthy.

I'm still all for drafting two WR's. Legette and Corley. Legette and Walker. Legette and Rice. Legette and McCaffrey. Mitchell and Corley. Mitchell and Walker. Mitchell and Rice. Mitchell and McCaffrey. Franklin and another guy. Worthy and whoever. We just need to make sure JA17 has some quality options at WR outside of the ones we have now. 

In your post you state....

"I think people get too caught up on the measurement of every arm, toe, and eyelash."

What about the QB "Penix"? 

Do you think size matters? 😉😂

34 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m flexible at 60 - if they don’t like the WR pick another position.  My point is - accept a bit of step back and get good players.  I’m not forcing WR in any round this year.

Alright, I thought your premise in the previous post was 2 WRs. I disagree. I think they need to be more proactive, and I would prioritize WR. #60 is definitely not a good spot for WR, so if you stay there, it's likely another position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Question: How many of his snaps did Shakir play from the slot last year?  Someone here must know.

I don't think the Bills are planning to use Samuel as a "gadget WR4".  I think they intend him to split his snaps between the slot (primary) and outside.

I don't think we disagree.  My primary point was just that I read a lot of people writing as though Shakir and/or Samuel can simply replace Davis, and while they can both potentially increase their production from what they had last season, they're not going to replace Davis role or the production that came from Davis filling that role.

Shakir overall had 52% of the offensive snaps last season, but he had more like 30% during the first half of the season, and 70% during the 2nd half.

Samuel had ~ half the offensive snaps for Washington through the entire season.  During his best season (2020) he had 68%.

I think Shakir is going to be on the field heavy 70% or more of snaps but I do think about half of those snaps are going to be in the slot and I think Samuel is going to have a similar split but will be on the field less as I think in 2 TE sets he comes off the field. The Bills desperately need at least one WR in the draft that can come and play on the boundary consistently and take in at least 70-80 targets. I think a second WR drafted between picks 128-144 would be enough depth but if the value at pick 60 is great and this team doubles up that's fine with me. I just don't think you should pass up on other better players at positions of need just because you "have to" take a WR again. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Mmmmm.  Well, there are places where you're probably right.  I have it on good authority that eyelash length isn't a factor, because with the increase in visor use the DBs are no longer distracted by the WR batting their lashes at a high rate of speed.  Likewise, with the wide variety of custom cleats and orthopedics, toe length has now been shown to be irrelevant.

"If a guy can shake his defender" is a big "if".  Given that the defender *is* allowed to put his hands on the WR for 5 yds, and that refs typically allow hand-fighting all the way down the field - arm length seems directly relevant.  Sure, technique matters, but when you have two players with great technique, it matters if one guy can put his hands on you while you can't even reach him.  

The questions for you are:  

-Is arm length that small of a talking point?  Joe Marino did a podcast that was linked here where it was said only 2 WR had built successful careers with arms shorter than 30": Hunter Renfrow, and Isaiah McKenzie.  Of course, there can always be a third exception, but sometimes when there's a rule there's a reason.

-Can you construct a rational argument why it doesn't matter, given the legality of physical play w/in 5 yds of the LOS and it being allowed afterwards?

Analogy: I'm one who kind of poo-poos the 40 yd dash times as "underwear Olympics" because it seems like a lot of guys who are super-speedy at the combine play slower, while guys who were slow at the combine play faster during games.  My rational argument is now, GPS sensor technology allows scouts to track the actual playing speed college players show on the field and that's more relevant than 40 yd dash measurements.

Do you have something like that to argue why arm length isn't important to help a receiver get off press man?

Can't disagree on Josh being the best QB and share your hope that Brady will use Samuel well, and I'm all about drafting 2 WR though not necessarily 1st rd and 2nd rd.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Alright, I thought your premise in the previous post was 2 WRs. I disagree. I think they need to be more proactive, and I would prioritize WR. #60 is definitely not a good spot for WR, so if you stay there, it's likely another position.

I guess what I was trying to say is they have needs at WR, DE, DT, CB, S and they aren’t going to be able to fills those all this draft (discounting the idea that 5th, 6th and 7th round picks are likely to be real answers).  Given that hand, I agree that 1 WR is a must.  Especially since I don’t think they will find a decent DE prospect at 60, I would be open to BPA at any of those positions- even if that meant a 2nd WR.  I’m not saying that they must take a WR at 60, but I would be open to it if there was a surprise player available.

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/nfl-total-access-should-the-bills-draft-two-receivers-in-the-first-three-rounds

Be nice if he'd explain how the Bills get a draft pick in the 3rd round.

Bottom line: seems nobody buys Beane's presser about how WR isn't a gaping hole for the Bills.

Anyway, Lance Zierlein isn't just a clickbait talking head.  He's the guy who does all the draft profiles for NFL.com, and while his grades and round projections are off, when go back and I read his actual scouting reports for strengths and weaknesses after the player has been in the league a while, I find myself nodding.

stay at our spot at 28.  then take a WR in rd1, a dt in rd2 and another WR in round 4. after that we have 7 picks to draft safeties, a cb etc

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah 60 is a bad spot for pretty much all our need positions except safety and although not a huge need IOL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

In your post you state....

"I think people get too caught up on the measurement of every arm, toe, and eyelash."

What about the QB "Penix"? 

Do you think size matters? 😉😂

great-movie-moments-7-life-lessons-from-

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I guess what I was trying to say is they have needs at WR, DE, DT, CB, S and they aren’t going to be able to fills those all this draft (discounting the idea that 5th, 6th and 7th round picks are likely to be real answers).  Given that hand, I agree that 1 WR is a must.  Especially since I don’t think they will find a decent DE prospect at 60, I would be open to BPA at any of those positions- even if that meant a 2nd WR.  I’m not saying that they must take a WR at 60, but I would be open to it if there was a surprise player available.

Slowly we are getting to a point of understanding, at least as to what we each mean. I would prefer to go WR early twice, but if they wait until #60, there is very little chance a WR I would value at that pick will be on the board. So my position is trade up from #60 to get the second WR. If you're not willing or unable to do that, and end up staying at #60, I suspect the best pick will be some other position.  I do not want to just take any WR or the best left on the board if that doesn't happen to be one of a small number that I favor, all of which I expect to be selected well before then. In that case, any one of the defensive positions you outline are possible, and I would not discount OL early either for that matter, because the value could be there as well.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yeah 60 is a bad spot for pretty much all our need positions except safety and although not a huge need IOL. 

It may turn out different, but my sense is they either have to move up or move back from that spot.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/nfl-total-access-should-the-bills-draft-two-receivers-in-the-first-three-rounds

Bottom line: seems nobody buys Beane's presser about how WR isn't a gaping hole for the Bills.

Anyway, Lance Zierlein isn't just a clickbait talking head.  He's the guy who does all the draft profiles for NFL.com, and while his grades and round projections are off, when go back and I read his actual scouting reports for strengths and weaknesses after the player has been in the league a while, I find myself nodding.

3rd round ?

he/Beanes is going to trade up with the 8 or so picks after the third  and then gain a third. he might even go for two twos. No seriously

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Hard to say if 60 is a bad spot for needs as the draft shakes out significantly differently than most people project. I think IOL is actually a bigger need than most think. Right now David Edwards is the starting LG I can live with that so to speak but upgrading that spot and improving the depth of the offensive line by having Edwards back on the bench is a two fold positive. 

If the Bills get a solid WR at pick 28 and at pick 60 none of the top 8-9 WR’s are on the board and there’s not a good DT or DE there IOL is a good place to upgrade the offensive lines starting five and depth. If this team is going to be less dependent on Diggs and Josh throwing than having a mauling offensive line with good depth is necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I would love for the Bills to get a combo of Xaxier Leggette and Malik Washington. I don't care about Washington size the kid is a baller. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

He says 2 in the first 3 rounds. Everyone is saying we don't have a third round pic. I'm not a mathematician or anything but I'd say you could get 2 WR before the non-existent 3rd rounder. Right? No? 

Right, yes.

Where it matters is that if the Bills had a pick in each of the first 3 rounds, they could use 2 of the 3 on WR and still add to another position on the team.

Some people think the Bills have no other needs than WR, others (like me) think they have needs at DE, DL, and CB or maybe Safety.

It's possible Beane has some legerdemain on tap for creating a 3rd round pick, I don't know.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Right, yes.

Where it matters is that if the Bills had a pick in each of the first 3 rounds, they could use 2 of the 3 on WR and still add to another position on the team.

Some people think the Bills have no other needs than WR, others (like me) think they have needs at DE, DL, and CB or maybe Safety.

It's possible Beane has some legerdemain on tap for creating a 3rd round pick, I don't know.

WR

another need in the 2nd

Wr in 4th

if the Bills stay put

Edited by Goin Breakdown

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Right, yes.

I think there are other needs, but I would sacrifice some to get the WRs early.

DE, DT, CB, S, OL, RB2, lots of places I would add if given sufficient resources.

I do think it is a terrible year at edge and mediocre at S. WR (first two rounds, especially), OL, and CB are pretty deep.

There are some decent mid-round DT depth if you have to wait on that.

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

WR

another need in 3

Wr in 4th

if the Bills stay put

Right now, we have a second round pick at #60 and no third.

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I would love for the Bills to get a combo of Xaxier Leggette and Malik Washington. I don't care about Washington size the kid is a baller. 

I would love to get Mitchell at 28 and Ladd at 40 (trade up with 60 and a 2025 2nd). 

with no trades, Ladd at 28 and see who’s left at 60. Walker certainly will be, as will Baker, but maybe Legette, Franklin or Polk slides to 60. 

either of these senarios would give us a better wr group than any in recent memory. Out other needs (DE, S, DT, OL) can be filled with out multiple 4th, 5th and 6th round picks 

54 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

DE, DT, CB, S, OL, RB2, lots of places I would add if given sufficient resources.

I do think it is a terrible year at edge and mediocre at S. WR (first two rounds, especially), OL, and CB are pretty deep.

Right I meant 2nd my bad

56 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah I meant 2nd. I do this all the time with numbers at home too. Drives my wife crazy. Yeah so basically the same. WR in the first. Another need in the second and a Wr in the 4th imo works well for me but who am I lol

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

It looks like 60 isn’t ideal for wr unless a tier 3 guy slips to there which is possible but not likely (Legette, Franklin, Coleman, Polk). 60 is also too early for the 4th tier, Walker, baker, Florida guy, Michigan guy 

but, 60 does look like a really good spot for a DT or DE

• Like (+1) 1