Epic, Hypothetical Trade Scenario: Would ya?

Epic, Hypothetical Trade Scenario: Would ya?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Josh Allen to the Bears for #1, #9 and a 1st and 2nd in 2025?

In many cases Allen is the only reason we are successful (or at least mostly)...if we shipped him off for an extra 1st/2nd this year and next...we'd be starting over at QB and still have the holes on the roster we do...without Allen to cover those up.

Also, WHAT???!?!?!

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d probably need 5 firsts including the first overall pick with a “can’t miss QB” prospect in the draft. I’m not talking Trevor Lawrence. I’m talking Andrew Luck / Peyton Manning level prospect.

Andrew Luck?  Shirley.  

49 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

The price would be so steep that the Bears wouldn’t be able to put a team around him.

I don’t think they have anything they could possibly offer. But I’m more bullish on Allen than even those on this board. 

I would offer them futures. Allen in 10 years for xyz assets. Haha that’s if I absolutely had to. 

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d probably need 5 firsts including the first overall pick with a “can’t miss QB” prospect in the draft. I’m not talking Trevor Lawrence. I’m talking Andrew Luck / Peyton Manning level prospect.

And they would need to throw in a roof for the new stadium.

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

At the time of the draft last year did you think CJ Stroud was as good as Josh?

No and I still don't think he's as good as Allen.

I can’t believe there are a handful that voted yes. I have him as the clear #2 QB in the game. Even if you are negative you can’t argue josh is not a top 5. So you give up years of that known elite top tier  QB for a bunch of picks all unknown? Never 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/17/2024 at 2:03 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Chicago Bears get: Josh Allen

Buffalo Bills get: #1, #9, 2025 1st and 2nd

If not, what would it take? Everybody’s got a price!

The only reason why I would contemplate this is because I really don't think Josh will be elite into his 30s. I really hope I'm wrong but I see him falling off a cliff like Cam Newton in his early 30s. 

This type of deal gets us a legit franchise QB at cost control price and more draft picks as well. I would ask the Bears for 1 more high pick and they have a deal. 

Think about trading away our Known Commodity. Whom was not even the 1st QB drafted in 2018.  There were 5 QBs taken in the 1st rd in 2018 , and 4 of those QBs in the top 10. 2 of those 5 QBs are still playing for the team that drafted them and are successful there. 2 are journeymen (1 drafted 1st overall, 1 drafted 3rd overall), and 1 was a bust. Going by mock drafts and pundits Baker Mayfield, and Sam Darnold were considered the top 2 picks, and Allen was a debateable reach.

but to think we could trade away Allen for a boatload of picks and somehow our chances of overall sccess would guarentee us improvement is whacked. Unless you can 100% guarentee improved success there is not a GM in this league who would trade Allen 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The only way Allen is ever traded is if he asks for it.   

If someone called Beane today and said  "I'll give you my next 4 1st Round Picks for Allen"

It's an automatic no.

I mean that’s like stating “ give me your $100,000,000 now and I’ll give you four tickets to possibly win $0 to $1,000,000,000 

crazy talk when you have the #1 or 2 QB in the game, and i.e. #1 or 2 most important person in all off sport. 

Edited by Behindenemylines
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1