Epic, Hypothetical Trade Scenario: Would ya?

Epic, Hypothetical Trade Scenario: Would ya?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Josh Allen to the Bears for #1, #9 and a 1st and 2nd in 2025?

On 4/17/2024 at 7:27 AM, Sweats said:

This is a tough one....on one hand, you have the 2nd best QB in the league, but on the other hand, there are some quality QB's in this draft.....unproven, yes, but every QB is unproven when coming out of college and playing their first season in the NFL.

I voted yes, only because if you can get enough draft capital in the next 2 years, you could actually build something special. It seems we're just piecemealing a roster together the past couple of years, but if you can create a structured foundation, you can have a somewhat juggernaut for years to come.....all on a rookie salary.

Would i want this to happen?......probably not, but i wouldn't be upset with it. 

or... you could get a Josh Rosen and flop the team for another 10  years...  oh wait.. who was it that wanted Rosen? hmmmm.............................. :D

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not just no but HELL NO !!!!

Look at what the Bears got from the guy they just traded away before his rookie contract was up . Then the pother QB that was suppose to be so good that wound up out in San Fransisco that is a back up now . 

So you get the first pick in the draft & get the kid from USC & he winds up to turn out like Sam Darnold or either of the 2 i talked about while Josh goes on to be Josh & the Bills go back to being what they were for 17 years looking for the guy that can make them a winner ...

You don't give away a talent like Josh Allen you just don't do it that's foolish !!! 

Look at what the Bears got from the guy they just traded away before his rookie contract was up . Then the pother QB that was suppose to be so good that wound up out in San Fransisco that is a back up now . 

So you get the first pick in the draft & get the kid from USC & he winds up to turn out like Sam Darnold or either of the 2 i talked about while Josh goes on to be Josh & the Bills go back to being what they were for 17 years looking for the guy that can make them a winner ...

You don't give away a talent like Josh Allen you just don't do it that's foolish !!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

I’m not sure what the previous poster was trying to say. 

It might be a internet glitch.  If the "submit reply" button doesn't respond, if you hit submit again ... and again ... and again until it finally goes, the resulting post will have multiple copies of your original text in one large post.   Been there, done that.   Always check your posts ...

On 4/17/2024 at 9:03 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The Wilson and Watson trades show that anything can happen.

Wilson was two firsts and two seconds

Watson three firsts and a second. Remember at the time Watson pre-sex charges was considered a top 5 QB. 

The OP trade scenario is close. You would probably need to add another first round pick in 2026.

I would make that trade on three conditions. 

First you fire McDermott. 

Second you bring Brady in for one year.

Third you bring in Belichick. 

Then you trade out of #1 to 3 or 4. Get another first round pick. Then draft Nabers or Harrison Jr, an OT at 9, and package #28 and one of those other picks to move up and take best pass rusher you can get.

Take a safety and another WR in round 2. 

Trade up from 4th to 3rd round and get your RB#2. 

In that scenario you have as good a chance at a SuperBowl as any team. Additionally you have more picks in the future. You then have a stocked young cheap offense that you can plug and play another veteran QB for 2025 if needed - say someone like Dak or Baker on a 2 year deal. 

And by week three you would on the "fire everybody" bandwagon again! 

On 4/17/2024 at 9:34 AM, Virgil said:

#1 Goal of any NFL Team - Find your franchise quarterback

This thread - Would you trade your franchise quarterback for the possibility of another franchise quarterback and picks (37% success rate)

When you think you have seen it all .....

• Like (+1) 1