One positive from Diggs departure that isn't being discussed

On 4/11/2024 at 8:17 AM, BeastMaster said:

is that I now believe the narrative on Josh and the Bills in general has changed. We are now according to the media a non contender. We lost both our top two receivers and one being a top five guy in Diggs. We had to let go of our safeties, our Center, and our best pass rusher from last season.

The window is closed. The Bills won't be a threat, and Josh has a rag tag group to throw to. 

This to me opens up the door for Josh to elevate his game this season...to stay within himself and the offense to put up a phenomenal season which will give the media no other option but to recognize his greatness and finally let him win his first MVP award.

This team is not what the media is portraying it in my eyes, but that doesn't matter because they have already decided we are worse, that Josh has no real receivers, and that we are yesterday's news.

It's a good spot to be in for not just the team, but for Josh and his MVP chances

It's always good to be underestimated.... and then surprise them. That's how I lived my professional life. It's a good life hack.

I am always uncomfortable when the Bills are highly rated, like they were last season.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, uticaclub said:

Stop it with the “narrative”. Can this team contend for a Super Bowl the way it's coached and constructed? 

Coached, no. 

Constructed, yes. Chiefs have proven as long as you have a QB, the rest doesn't really matter. Our QB is on par with that QB. Our Head Coach is not on par with their HC. 

On 4/11/2024 at 7:17 AM, BeastMaster said:

is that I now believe the narrative on Josh and the Bills in general has changed. We are now according to the media a non contender. We lost both our top two receivers and one being a top five guy in Diggs. We had to let go of our safeties, our Center, and our best pass rusher from last season.

The window is closed. The Bills won't be a threat, and Josh has a rag tag group to throw to. 

This to me opens up the door for Josh to elevate his game this season...to stay within himself and the offense to put up a phenomenal season which will give the media no other option but to recognize his greatness and finally let him win his first MVP award.

This team is not what the media is portraying it in my eyes, but that doesn't matter because they have already decided we are worse, that Josh has no real receivers, and that we are yesterday's news.

It's a good spot to be in for not just the team, but for Josh and his MVP chances

Why listen to the media when you can get all the negative hype here on TBD from a select group of Bills fans?

On 4/11/2024 at 7:42 AM, uticaclub said:

We have not been true contenders during McDermott's first seven years, so why should anything change now?

I rest my case!!! Mr. Sunshine himself, the Beer Guy from Utica! Great post Beastmaster, I'm with you!

• Thank you (+1) 2

I'm sorry, but who was that?

I don’t care if you’re favorites or underdogs. The goal is to win football games. This underdog stuff makes great movies, but I don’t think guys like Josh need that to be motivated. There’s money and generational wealth on the line every time these guys step on the field. If that isn’t enough, I don’t know what is. It shouldn’t take middle aged journalists talking trash to motivate them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/11/2024 at 9:18 AM, nucci said:

I'll never understand why so many care what the media says. 

Because as we know the media is always right, never lies, and definitely has the public’s best interest at heart-particularly Buffalo and the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:31 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Yea I hate when we have good players on the team. Let's get rid of them all so Josh can "elevate his game"

Only on TBD do you see these reactions.  No other fan base sees it like this.  Only the homers

• Thank you (+1) 1

The window is closed. The Bills won't be a threat, and Josh has a rag tag group to throw to

The 1pm truthers right now

Scooby Doo Drool GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:51 AM, Tortured Soul said:

We are the betting favorites to win the division and have the fifth-best odds to win the Super Bowl. It’s not like the media wasn’t running stories last off-season about how the Jets and Dolphins have passed the Bills.

ETA: fifth behind last year’s four finalists. 

Hey, it's great to see you posting. Yours has always been one of my favorite screen names. Once, during the draught years, you were having a conversation on TSW with "Pass The Pipe." 😆 There was another guy who was "Pills N Bills." There was never a lack of originality on TBD.

Good times! 👍

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Davis and Diggs didn’t do ***** for the last 12 games and the playoffs.  They are both easily upgraded imo. 

Add some speed on the outside, and I think it will unlock the bills passing attack underneath.  Will definitely affect how defenses play us. I don’t think this offense will be any worse than last year. 

• Agree 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:17 AM, BeastMaster said:

The sad part is when Josh is an MVP candidate again, the media and his critics are more likely to say that they were wrong about his weapons being bad when Josh makes Kincaid, Shakir, a rookie, Samuel, etc look great this year.  They are more likely to say it’s because Josh is loaded with the best young weapons in the game than they are to give Josh the amount of credit he will deserve.  

Josh 4 year average is 5100 yards and 44 TDs, and they have done everything in their power to discredit Josh and make others the reason for that like Diggs.  Never seen anything like the criticism he gets.  It’s like the media and critics have made him a villain because he hasn’t eclipsed Mahomes.  It’s insane, especially for a guy a classy, likable, and charitable as Josh.   

• Awesome! (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The sad part is when Josh is an MVP candidate again, the media and his critics are more likely to say that they were wrong about his weapons being bad when Josh makes Kincaid, Shakir, a rookie, Samuel, etc look great this year.  They are more likely to say it’s because Josh is loaded with the best young weapons in the game than they are to give Josh the amount of credit he will deserve.  

Josh 4 year average is 5100 yards and 44 TDs, and they have done everything in their power to discredit Josh and make others the reason for that like Diggs.  Never seen anything like the criticism he gets.  It’s like the media and critics have made him a villain because he hasn’t eclipsed Mahomes.  It’s insane, especially for a guy a classy, likable, and charitable as Josh.   

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/11/2024 at 9:12 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

We should rid this roster of even more really good players and turn Josh into Superman and Captain America combined! 😂

How many Super Bowls have the Bills won with Diggs, Poyer, Hyde, Davis, Morse, etc. on the team? Diggs has been a no-show int the playoffs, Davis has not progressed as a receiver, and the others are on the downside of their careers. 

Running them back again and expecting a better outcome is like hitting your head against a wall. Not to speak of the cap restraints if you keep them all.

Now is the time for a youth movement, replacing them by players on the upside of their careers or with new ones whose play will get better, not worse as the seasons progress. Maybe there will be a step back in the first year but I'm not convinced that will be the outcome. I am convinced that the Bills would not be better in 2024 than they were in 2023 if they kept all those players. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Dr. K said:

How many Super Bowls have the Bills won with Diggs, Poyer, Hyde, Davis, Morse, etc. on the team? Diggs has been a no-show int the playoffs, Davis has not progressed as a receiver, and the others are on the downside of their careers. 

Running them back again and expecting a better outcome is like hitting your head against a wall. Not to speak of the cap restraints if you keep them all.

Now is the time for a youth movement, replacing them by players on the upside of their careers or with new ones whose play will get better, not worse as the seasons progress. Maybe there will be a step back in the first year but I'm not convinced that will be the outcome. I am convinced that the Bills would not be better in 2024 than they were in 2023 if they kept all those players. 

I agree, but I’m always a bit nervous about wasting a year of Allen at quarterback. We weren’t going to get any closer to a Lombardi with the roster as it was constructed.

On 4/11/2024 at 6:17 AM, BeastMaster said:

beyond the earned emoji... Awesome take! thanks! and fuc4 the traditional minded media!

8 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I agree, but I’m always a bit nervous about wasting a year of Allen at quarterback. We weren’t going to get any closer to a Lombardi with the roster as it was constructed.

IMHO, at least in JA17 we have some QB year to waste! 29 more teams (I dare to discount KCY with Patty Swift and HOU who seemed to have catched lighting in a bottle, with CJ07) are still looking for someone's year to waste... 

On 4/11/2024 at 6:17 AM, BeastMaster said:

I think Josh was forcing it to Diggs for a couple years at least to keep the yapping in control.

I think when Brady came in there was a few games where Josh was throwing to who ever was open, running game working ...stick with it.The offense blossomed. Shakir, Cook, Kincaid etc... Diggs became cryptic again..

Not comparing, but Brady won with basically scrubs at WR & RB. They just balled to whoever or what ever was working.

I'm hoping this is the break through that the Bills achieve finally. Don't force it, spread it around. Josh is the greatest player we have, let him do his thing and he will make great moments for all of the offensive skill players. 

You don't need a #1 receiver when you have a #1 QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

When this happens you have to ask what they’re all so afraid of. 

Why do so many Chiefs fans come here instead of visa versa? What truths are they so desperate to shoot down?

The answer is that they are terrified of what Allen COULD become if everything finally starts to go his way. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Beane and company realized they needed to rebuild the team. The old team got within 13 seconds of making the SB, and appeared last season to be fizzling out. Right now the roster is not as good as last year. But Beane has a lot of time th change that.

• Like (+1) 1