interesting WR scenario posed by a friend

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

lol…another 0% chance scenario.  Every thread you’re giving away the farm to get every WR with no consideration for substantial amount of holes on this team.  

There is absolutely no chance Beane is trading up TWICE in first 2 rounds for 2 WRs leaving us very little ammo to find the players we need in our secondary and DL as well.  Not to mention another RB and OL depth we are likely going to use some of the day 3 picks on.  And to do so in the deepest and richest WR draft in history is utterly insane.  

To get into the mid teens, it’s probably going to cost us our first next year as well without having to gut some of our draft capital this year that we need.  Everyone forgets the other team needs to want to move back to and be worth passing on the talent that will be there at OL, DL, CB, and even the WR for themselves.  

I agree with you on the not trading up twice.  Sure, they did it in 2018 to get Josh and Edmunds but they’re already without a 3rd.  I also don’t see our defensive-minded head coach going for WRs with the 1st 2 picks without having that 3rd.

IMO Curtis Samuel will overall be a better WR for this team.  His versatility will allow them to do more things with him.  Whether they move up for a B. Thomas or just stay put and get an A. Mitchell, they can wait until the 4th or beyond to grab a 2nd rookie.  They can also still pick up a decent veteran free agent like DJ Chark to fill out the WR room.

Edited by BobbyC81
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I agree with you on the not trading up twice.  Sure, they did it in 2018 to get Josh and Edmunds but they’re already without a 3rd.  I also don’t see our defensive-minded head coach going for WRs with the 1st 2 picks without having that 3rd.

IMO Curtis Samuel will overall be a better WR for this team.  His versatility will allow them to do more things with him.  Whether they move up for a B. Thomas or just stay put and get an A. Mitchell, they can wait until the 4th or beyond to grab a 2nd rookie.  They can also still pick up a decent veteran free agent like DJ Chark to fill out the WR room.

Agree…And to be clear, I’m not saying we would never trade up twice.  I was just saying we aren’t trading up twice in first 2 rounds to take 2 WRs.  

• Agree 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:42 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

lol…another 0% chance scenario.  Every thread you’re giving away the farm to get every WR with no consideration for substantial amount of holes on this team.  

There is absolutely no chance Beane is trading up TWICE in first 2 rounds for 2 WRs leaving us very little ammo to find the players we need in our secondary and DL as well.  Not to mention another RB and OL depth we are likely going to use some of the day 3 picks on.  And to do so in the deepest and richest WR draft in history is utterly insane.  

To get into the mid teens, it’s probably going to cost us our first next year as well without having to gut some of our draft capital this year that we need.  Everyone forgets the other team needs to want to move back to and be worth passing on the talent that will be there at OL, DL, CB, and even the WR for themselves.  

you are likely correct.  The flip side, though, is that we get 2 great WRs this year, and have an offense and D that can compete this year, and use cap space on FA D next year--and we have been mildly better at FA DL than drafting it.   Along these lines, I'm in the Thomas/Leggette or Persall camp over costly trade FA WR and 2nd round pick.  My ideal situation is trade up for top 3 WR in the draft using next year 1st (which should be low) and draft another WR like Anias Smith or Cowing in Rd.  4.  Then fill in with S and OL/DL depth.  (we are okay on DL this year, next year is the issue but we have cap space then)

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

you are likely correct.  The flip side, though, is that we get 2 great WRs this year, and have an offense and D that can compete this year, and use cap space on FA D next year--and we have been mildly better at FA DL than drafting it.   Along these lines, I'm in the Thomas/Leggette or Persall camp over costly trade FA WR and 2nd round pick.  My ideal situation is trade up for top 3 WR in the draft using next year 1st (which should be low) and draft another WR like Anias Smith or Cowing in Rd. 3 or 4.  

I do think its possible they could draft 2 WR's, all I was saying to the other poster was that we are not trading up in the first for a WR then again trading up in the 2nd for another WR.

I would cap our trade up at next years first and only for one of the top 4 guys.  And the only reason I would say we can include next years first is because of the extra 2nd we got from the Diggs trade making that more palatable.  This draft is too good and rich to over pay to go too far up for a WR.   

Lets say we did go WR with both our first 2 picks...scenario one we take McConkey at 28 or on a small trade back, I wouldn't mind seeing them then go get someone like Legette or Polk after.  If we took someone like Mitchell at 28, then I wouldn't mind seeing them go get someone like McConkey, Pearsall, etc after.  

Personally, I think we will nab one WR in either round 1 or 2 depending on the draft falls then probably not take another one until day 3, if we even take another one (Beane may still want to add another vet to the room instead).  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2024 at 9:23 AM, Watkins101 said:

Remember when Robert Foster had over 500 yards the final 8 games of the season, and everybody here was saying he was gonna be a 1/2? Kinda feels like that with all the hype Shakir is getting. 

I remember, but while I do think Shakir is being a little hyped-up and that people who expect him to be able to inflate his 611 yds and 39 receptions to 60 or 70 receptions for 900 or more yards, or to take over as a boundary receiver, may be disappointed - I also think the situation is much different than Foster.

Foster was a one-trick pony.  His trick was get off the line, and run fast, and he wasn't that great at tracking the ball in the air, either (but he could run fast enough to get under an overthrow).  Once DBs got the picture, they would jam him on the line or even hold him and take the DH or DPI instead of giving up the TD.

Shakir, while some people wanted him last year, really worked on his craft and worked hard in the off-season.  He came into 2023 as a much better WR all around, better at releasing, running better routes, showing better hands.

And he didn't just have 1-2 unworldly games, as Gabe Davis did - he showed a pattern for game after game of catching everything thrown his way, studded with 3 games close to or over 100 yds.  

If he gets more target share, he's 100% earned it by working at his craft. 

BUT, it would be very risky to count on him producing at a 1/2 level.

I keep seeing people say that Shakir is a "slot" guy and can't play outside.  I just looked up his height/weight, 40 yard dash and 20 yard Shuttle times and compared them to Diggs.  He's the same height and weight, but he's faster than Diggs in both the 40 yard dash and 20 yard shuttle.  What am I missing?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

I keep seeing people say that Shakir is a "slot" guy and can't play outside.  I just looked up his height/weight, 40 yard dash and 20 yard Shuttle times and compared them to Diggs.  He's the same height and weight, but he's faster than Diggs in both the 40 yard dash and 20 yard shuttle.  What am I missing?

Short arms is what I normally see referenced   

8 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

29” arms — very short for nfl receivers. Diggs is 31.25.

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I’m certainly not arguing, but hold your thumb and forefinger 2.25” apart and imagine how that makes such a huge difference. I know it’s a real thing, but when I look at it that way it’s kind of amazing. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m certainly not arguing, but hold your thumb and forefinger 2.25” apart and imagine how that makes such a huge difference. I know it’s a real thing, but when I look at it that way it’s kind of amazing. 

I hear you, but the Bills believe in it so much that they apparently won't draft a CB whose arms are shorter than 31".

On 4/8/2024 at 9:46 AM, BarleyNY said:

Aiyuk would be a tremendous addition to the Bills, but we can’t fit his contract under the cap so that won’t work. I have zero interest in a big trade up for any WR outside the top 3. Too much capital for not much difference than can be had near 28. 

So since I'm digging into past drafts:

Year 1st rd WR - pick order wAV of
1st Rd WR
Pick #
Best WR
Pick #
2nd WR 
# WR
drafted

2 - #7, #9

#7, #9  #69 #89 13  
2018 2 - #24, #26 #24, #26  #24 #47 34  
2019 2 - #25, #32  #25, #32  #51 #64 28  
2020 6 - #12,15,17,21,22,25 #17, 22, 25, 15, 21, 12  #17 #22 35  
2021 5 - #5, 6, 10, 20, 27 #5, 10, 6, 27, 20  #112 #5 35  
2022 6 - #8,10,11, 12, 16,18 #11, 8, 10, 16, 18, 12  #11 #52 28  
2023 4 - #20, 21, 22, 23 #22, 23, 20, 21  #177 #22 33  

So what does all this mean?  First off, 2023 and 2022 should be taken with a large grain of salt because a lot of guys are still clumped together for wAV, and PFR's weighting may not align with yours and mine.

There were 4 years in which the first WR picked turned out to be the first round WR with the best wAV, and 3 years in which they did not.
There are no years in which the first WR picked, turned out to be the best WR in the draft! 

In 4 out of 7 years, the best WR was not drafted in the 1st round

One last bit, even in years where 6 WR were drafted in the 1st round - the consensus BPA for all 32 teams ran out of WR before pick #28.

I toss this out for whatever comfort it may pose, if the Bills don't draft a WR in the 1st or don't move up for one of the top 3 WR in the draft.  The board will predictably go nuts, but 4 times in the last 7 years, the best WR in the draft wasn't even drafted in the 1st (3 times, he was)

Every year, various draft pundits authoritatively speak as to which player at a position, or which 2 or 3 players at a position, are absolutely the best in the draft.

And far more often than not, they are mistaken.

Obviously, teams are making judgements on these points as well, and they're often mistaken

Once again, drafting is not an exact science, and then we get into coaching and player development and the intangibles like the player's drive and will to succeed.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

1st Rd WR
Pick #
Best WR
Pick #
2nd WR 
# WR
drafted

2 - #7, #9

#7, #9  #69 #89 13  

So what does all this mean?  First off, 2023 and 2022 should be taken with a large grain of salt because a lot of guys are still clumped together for wAV, and PFR's weighting may not align with yours and mine.

There were 4 years in which the first WR picked turned out to be the first round WR with the best wAV, and 3 years in which they did not.
There are no years in which the first WR picked, turned out to be the best WR in the draft! 

One last bit, even in years where 6 WR were drafted in the 1st round - the consensus BPA for all 32 teams ran out of WR before pick #28.

I toss this out for whatever comfort it may pose, if the Bills don't draft a WR in the 1st or don't move up for one of the top 3 WR in the draft.  The board will predictably go nuts, but 4 times in the last 7 years, the best WR in the draft wasn't even drafted in the 1st (3 times, he was)

Every year, various draft pundits authoritatively speak as to which player at a position, or which 2 or 3 players at a position, are absolutely the best in the draft.

Obviously, teams are making judgements on these points as well, and they're often mistaken

Once again, drafting is not an exact science, and then we get into coaching and player development and the intangibles like the player's drive and will to succeed.

Regarding 2021, in what world is Amon-Ra St. Brown better than Ja’marr Chase? I ask because it surely ain’t earth, and it’s not really debatable.

• Agree 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:23 AM, Watkins101 said:

Remember when Robert Foster had over 500 yards the final 8 games of the season, and everybody here was saying he was gonna be a 1/2? Kinda feels like that with all the hype Shakir is getting. 

Yeah, not really.  The advanced metrics are extremely in favor of Shakir actually being really good. They never were for Robert Foster.  Shakir was getting targets as a #3 or #4 option and still made things happen. Foster was a defacto #1 for us and got targets because there was literally nobody else to get them. It was basically him and McKenzie that year for the last half of the season.

Robert Foster was never #1 in open rate against man coverage like Shakir was his rookie season and was never #1 in yards/target for any WR with 45 or more targets like Shakir was last year.  I am calling it right now Shakir will be in the 65-70 catch range and 900-1100 range for yards this season. Call it a breakout, call it a natural progression, call it whatever you want.  What I see is a guy who is slippery smooth, runs good routes, gets open against a variety of coverages, catches almost everything thrown to him and then makes something happen after the catch with the ball in his hands and has running back moves and can bounce off tacklers to get extra yards. Yeah he is a 5th round pick, but who cares, so was Diggs.

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

1st Rd WR
Pick #
Best WR
Pick #
2nd WR 
# WR
drafted

2 - #7, #9

#7, #9  #69 #89 13  

This is a good point and a large part of how successful a player is or isn't comes down to how they are used, the scheme they play in and the opportunities they are given.  I mean would Puka Nacua have gotten such a prominent role in the offense if Cooper Kupp hadn't been injured?  Probably not. Also, a WR drafted in the 3rd round on a bad team might get a lot more snaps as a top 3 WR than a 1st round pick drafted on a good team. Or at least a similar number of reps, and might be targeted more often than a rookie on a good team simply due to too many players and not enough balls to go around where the same player on a bad team doesn't have this issue.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

If we traded a first (and possibly more) for Aiyuk AND paid him 25m+ a year I wouldn’t be happy.  I’d consider giving them out 2nd rd next year for him, but we all know that isn’t happening 

we paid what we paid for Diggs partly because he was already on his and contract which was extremely team friendly.  

I’d rather have Legette then to pay a big price for BTj in a trade up.

i would be ok if they decided to go all in on MHj, Nabers or Odunze.  I think all 3 are potentially elite all pro level WRs with 17 and would be under control for 5 years

Just now, NewEra said:

If we traded a first (and possibly more) for Aiyuk AND paid him 25m+ a year I wouldn’t be happy.  I’d consider giving them out 2nd rd next year for him, but we all know that isn’t happening 

we paid what we paid for Diggs partly because he was already on his and contract which was extremely team friendly.  

I’d rather have Legette then to pay a big price for BTj in a trade up.

i would be ok if they decided to go all in on MHj, Nabers or Odunze.  I think all 3 are potentially elite all pro level WRs with 17 and would be under control for 5 years

The higher up they go to get a player the bigger the rookie cap hit will be tho, something to keep in mind too...

18 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah I think Joe Marino listed off the most successful WR to ever measure under 30" arm length and the top of the list was Hunter Renfrow.   I mean, Shakir finding sustained success would be a real outlier........but we saw the path to it last year.........as a RAC guy against deep set secondaries.........so it seems likely now, even.   Renfrow had 3 good seasons(one really outstanding one) and fell off a cliff.   I wouldn't be surprised if Shakir ended up the GOAT of T-Rex armed WR's.    He is a bigger/better athlete.    And the list of successful WR's with 30" arms isn't a lot longer, fwiw.   Arm length has proven to be very important.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

Does catch rate matter in this?

Catch rate matters, but the issue is getting a release against a DB with longer arms and then handfighting all the way down the sideline, arm length matters in order to hold the defender off and achieve that catch rate.  It can be compensated to some extent with technique and strength, but in the NFL on the best teams, the best DBs have great technique and work out, too.

The point some are making is that Shakir found success filling a specific role in the Bills offense.  Now people are projecting he could change roles to playing more on the boundary, which may require a body type he just doesn't have, and increase his catches/yards by like, 50%.  

IIRC, Beasley wanted a chance to play more outside when he came to the Bills, and they tried that some in 2019 and it really just didn't work.

It's a common thing here, we have a player who finds success in one role on the team (LT say), and fans immediately want to put him in a different role and argue he'll surely be just as good or even better, there.

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I think Joe Marino listed off the most successful WR to ever measure under 30" arm length and the top of the list was Hunter Renfrow.   I mean, Shakir finding sustained success would be a real outlier........but we saw the path to it last year.........as a RAC guy against deep set secondaries.........so it seems likely now, even.   Renfrow had 3 good seasons(one really outstanding one) and fell off a cliff.   I wouldn't be surprised if Shakir ended up the GOAT of T-Rex armed WR's.    He is a bigger/better athlete.    And the list of successful WR's with 30" arms isn't a lot longer, fwiw.   Arm length has proven to be very important.

Agree on Shakir being a bigger, better athlete.

Question on Renfrow: did he fall off a cliff, or did Josh McDaniel taking over as Raiders HC and the arrival of Davante Adams push him off? 

His best year was under Gruden/Olsen as OC when he got 128 targets and led the team in receiving yards.  Once Davante Adams showed up and commanded 180 targets, everyone else got scraps.  Then we saw Derek Carr shipped out in favor of Jimmy "Italian word for Made of Glass" Garappolo and Aiden O'Connell, which surely didn't help. 

Anyway, we had a front row seat to McDaniel's 'enshitification' of an offense, QB and WR who had looked competent the previous season, so I wonder about that - but I don't watch or follow the Raiders, so I don't know.

If Renfrow played mostly from the slot and made his living as an RAC guy, then he's not likely part of the answer for the Bills, anyway.  I just thought he seemed like a good player in the glimpses I saw, so I hope he finds a good home.

Curtis Samuel, FWIW, has 31 1/4" arms.

Edited by Beck Water

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Catch rate matters, but the issue is getting a release against a DB with longer arms and then handfighting all the way down the sideline, arm length matters in order to hold the defender off and achieve that catch rate.  It can be compensated to some extent with technique and strength, but in the NFL on the best teams, the best DBs have great technique and work out, too.

The point some are making is that Shakir found success filling a specific role in the Bills offense.  Now people are projecting he could change roles to playing more on the boundary, which may require a body type he just doesn't have, and increase his catches/yards by like, 50%.  

IIRC, Beasley wanted a chance to play more outside when he came to the Bills, and they tried that some in 2019 and it really just didn't work.

It's a common thing here, we have a player who finds success in one role on the team (LT say), and fans immediately want to put him in a different role and argue he'll surely be just as good or even better, there.

Agree on Shakir being a bigger, better athlete.

Question on Renfrow: did he fall off a cliff, or did Josh McDaniel taking over as Raiders HC and the arrival of Davante Adams push him off? 

His best year was under Gruden/Olsen as OC when he got 128 targets and led the team in receiving yards.  Once Davante Adams showed up and commanded 180 targets, everyone else got scraps.  Then we saw Derek Carr shipped out in favor of Jimmy "Italian word for Made of Glass" Garappolo and Aiden O'Connell, which surely didn't help. 

Anyway, we had a front row seat to McDaniel's 'enshitification' of an offense, QB and WR who had looked competent the previous season, so I wonder about that - but I don't watch or follow the Raiders, so I don't know.

If Renfrow played mostly from the slot and made his living as an RAC guy, then he's not likely part of the answer for the Bills, anyway.  I just thought he seemed like a good player in the glimpses I saw, so I hope he finds a good home.

Curtis Samuel, FWIW, has 31 1/4" arms.

I just presume Renfrow is washed.   He might not be but two consecutive Isaiah McKenzie-esque seasons from a slot-only receiver should make him a non-option for a team loaded with guys who are best in the slot.

12 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Regarding 2021, in what world is Amon-Ra St. Brown better than Ja’marr Chase? I ask because it surely ain’t earth, and it’s not really debatable.

I transparently explained the methodology I used in my OP post: pro-football-reference wAV.  It's not perfect, but it's reasonably objective.

I understand your viewpoint, but by objective measurables they may be closer than you believe at this point.  St Brown has been available for a few more games, which is factored in; he has more targets, more receptions, a higher catch % (73 vs 66), more 1D, the same # of all-pro selections.  Chase has 8 more TDs, 129 more receiving yards, higher Y/R, and more playoff games (6 vs 3)

wAV is 35 for St Brown, 33 for Chase.

So yeah, you may disagree, but it certainly seems debateable.  All honesty, I think there's a bit of "halo effect" because Chase had an All-World rookie year and then two very good seasons, while St Brown had a Rashee Rice-like rookie year, a very good second year, and an All-World 3rd season.

Chase vs St Brown.jpg

Chase vs St Brown 2.jpg.png

Edited by Beck Water

51 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I transparently explained the methodology I used in my OP post: pro-football-reference wAV.  It's not perfect, but it's reasonably objective.

I understand your viewpoint, but by objective measurables they may be closer than you believe at this point.  St Brown has been available for a few more games, which is factored in; he has more targets, more receptions, a higher catch % (73 vs 66), more 1D, the same # of all-pro selections.  Chase has 8 more TDs, 129 more receiving yards, higher Y/R, and more playoff games (6 vs 3)

wAV is 35 for St Brown, 33 for Chase.

So yeah, you may disagree, but it certainly seems debateable.  All honesty, I think there's a bit of "halo effect" because Chase had an All-World rookie year and then two very good seasons, while St Brown had a Rashee Rice-like rookie year, a very good second year, and an All-World 3rd season.

Chase vs St Brown.jpg

Chase vs St Brown 2.jpg.png

I get this, but it’s more of “watch the actual games” thing for me. Chase is uncoverable and outside of Tyreek Hill the most dangerous receiver in the league. He draws the best cover people and still shreds teams. And his stats weee depressed this year by having an inferior QB throwing to him for most of the season, whether it was an injured Burrow or a backup. I feel extremely confident in saying that there is not one GM, head coach, or OC in the league who would choose St. Brown over Chase.

• Agree 1

On 4/8/2024 at 9:33 AM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm a big supporter of the double dip for WR with this great crew coming from college. I also believe that combining the draft pick WRs (bigger, physical, speed guys) with the crew we have will have a dynamic impact on the offense. Not worried about Diggs being gone in the least if they do that. Plus, let's face it, we need to outscore teams like KC, we've tried the over investment in D strategy for McDermott and it doesn't work. 

EDIT: I don't love the trading for a guy idea and then paying him. We could get 2 studs on rookie deals and go with that.

After watching KC beat the 49ers with a underwhelming receiving core, and let’s not forget how good the 49ers defense was. I think your right about McDermott and the defense, that isn’t going to get it done. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I get this, but it’s more of “watch the actual games” thing for me. Chase is uncoverable and outside of Tyreek Hill the most dangerous receiver in the league. He draws the best cover people and still shreds teams. And his stats weee depressed this year by having an inferior QB throwing to him for most of the season, whether it was an injured Burrow or a backup. I feel extremely confident in saying that there is not one GM, head coach, or OC in the league who would choose St. Brown over Chase.

In a way, this encapsulates the argument that "stats are for losers" and why eye ball and shoe sole scouting has its place.

I agree that Chase had a lower year this year because of the QBs throwing to him.

But when we add in external factors, St Brown arguably had his stats depressed in 2021 despite having Goff for 14 games, because Anthony Lynn was not a very good OC and because the team as a whole lacked talent. 

Anyway, point is, I understand your POV but my point is, it is debateable to some, and why.

On 4/8/2024 at 9:43 PM, dave mcbride said:

Why do you argue that? Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr were more productive, put up better numbers at the combine, and come from a program (that Joe Brady made his bones at) that is now basically Wide Receiver U — LSU.

When you say Brian Thomas Jr. put up better numbers it was by a small margin... Thomas Jr. ran a 4.33 40, Legette ran a 4.39 40 , Thomas ran a 1.5 10 yard split, Legette ran a 1.54 10 yard split. Thomas had a 38.5" vertical jump plus 10.6 broad jump and Legette had a 40" vertical jump plus a 10.6 broad jump so that to me is apples and oranges. I'm not saying Brian Thomas Jr wont be a solid WR in the NFL but I also feel if you put Legette in the LSU offense and Thomas Jr. in the South Carolina offense we may be talking about Legette where Nabors is but of course there is no way to tell that so my eyeballs see a guy who is in the same dominant mold as D.K. Metcalf. If you don't agree I'm fine with that it's just my opinion and I'm sure there are a bunch on here that have the WR they like and have to have. I wouldn't hate it if we landed Brian Thomas I would just hate it if we traded up and spent more draft picks than we need to.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, dave mcbride said:

In the wake of the Diggs trade, a friend had this reaction and came up with the scenario below. Curious to know what people think because it actually seems genuinely plausible to me, and I'd love it:

"A bunch of you know, I've been hoping since February that Beane would trade Diggs for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. The fact that he was able to get what should be a high end #2 in 2025 is great.

What Beane did was jettison the 4 receivers that caught the ball at a 63% clip & kept the 3 guys that collectively caught it at an 82% catch rate. Shakir, Cook & Kincaid we're all top 30 in the league in that category [incidentally, Cook was 81.5 percent for 8.2 yards/target]. Even after these 3 guys sign their 2nd contracts, they should all remain good values for most of the remainder of Allen's career.

Here's 4 relatively conservative projections for 2024

Targets          Yards      Yards/Target
Kincaid          110                 800             7.3
Shakir             80                800            10
Samuel           90                750             8.3
All RBs            80                650             8.1 

That equates to 3,000 yards on 360 targets. Allen has averaged 36 attempts per game over the past 4 years. 36x17=612 which leaves 252 targets for Wr1, Wr2, Wr5 & Knox. Allen has never thrown over 4,600 yards in his career. If he were to average 7.9 yards per attempt on the remaining 252 attempts, then he would have thrown for 5,000. Just for perspective, Shakir led the league in yards/target last year at 13.6. Aiyuk was 2nd at 12.8 & Diggs was a pedestrian 7.4, unlike 2020 when he was 9.2

For me, ideally Beane couples pick #28 & our 2025 2nd round pick to either trade for Aiyuk, or move up to get Brian Thomas Jr. Then, if he took our 2025 first round pick to trade back into the 2nd round to grab either Legette or McConkey, that would be nice. We'd have the fastest & most dynamic set of skill players in team history.

It sounds like we can easily create North of 60 million in cap space for 2025 & free up a bunch more room in 2026. That's a fantastic kicker to this Diggs trade, because it'll allow us to target multiple pro bowl free agents in the next couple of years.

All of these factors combined, will allow us to compete with KC for the next 8 years & we'll be able to view this trade for what it is ... a prelude to a parade!"

Aijuk I would bnot trade thst for…

just sign him as a UFA if needed. Use thr pick to drsft a WR.