We can still win a Super Bowl this year

Success

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Give it up man....we are looking at a 2 year re-tooling phase right now.  It's not a bad thing.  Bills will be fine in the long run.  You are nuts if your expectation is a Super Bowl win in 2024

Why is it nuts ? Buffalo nearly beat the Chiefs last year without their whole LB core. Diggs was a total non-factor and IMO a real distraction his last couple years. God bless him for his help in Josh’s development, but his time was up and I am ecstatic they got something out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffblue said:

You may be right, but let's give it some time. There is a lot of offseason to go. I'll make my judgment in August

Nope we make final decisions today, its over pack it up lol

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Why is it nuts ? Buffalo nearly beat the Chiefs last year without their whole LB core. Diggs was a total non-factor and IMO a real distraction his last couple years. God bless him for his help in Josh’s development, but his time was up and I am ecstatic they got something out of it. 

Too much roster turnover, too many variables, and ultimately I think we will head into the season with too many holes.  Sure we will fill some holes in the draft but they won't be able to fill them all and even if we hit on some draft picks you have to anticipate some rookie struggles coming.  It's irrelevant comparing what the Bills did last year as this team is going to look significantly different this season.  

• Agree 1

Sure we can.

If Stef hauled in that bomb that Allen hit him square in the mitts with against KC, we had a chance to win it a couple months ago.

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, Success said:

Mind you - I am not saying we will or should be SB favorites, or even considered a top 3-4 contender.

But losing Diggs changes very little, imo.  A lot will depend on who we get in the 1st round this year, and if they can adjust quickly to the pro's.

Diggs did nothing for us in the past 2 playoff losses, and his production was way down the entire 2nd half of last season (when we made our run).

Just responding to thoughts in the Diggs thread that his trade clearly means a year off, and a rebuild.  To me, it means a trade up for a better receiver, and we'll still be contending.  I don't see this as some sort of window-closer.

The Sabres can still get in the playoffs THIS YEAR TOO!

• Haha (+1) 1

I look at it as there must have been something to the talk about Diggs being in what ever way it may be unhappy with something which could be a distraction or has been one .

So i guess it's better to cut bait now rather than letting it fester and cause something bad in the locker room and now they can get his replacement for much less money a& look forward to the future .

Do I think we win it all? No. Can we win it all? Yes. In reality none of the guys we lost this offseason contributed much to the run we made in the second half of last season. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 3