Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Meh, Josh Allen vs CJ Stroud is still the big story here

Right, and look at what Stroud has to work with now contrasted with what Allen has to work with.  

There's zero comparison.  

3 hours ago, Evansfan322 said:

Going to struggle this year. Rookie WRs take time and Samuel isn’t a #1

I am not predicting shakir will become a number 1 but once Brady took over he had more production than diggs on less targets. Both are 5th round picks with very similair combine numbers. I could very easily see shakir getting 70-80 catches for 1000-1100 yards with more targets.

Samuel will see a fair share of targets and I expect he will be more productive than Davis was

Kincaid will also see more targets and I think Knox will be utilized more this year now that he is healthy. 

The bills offense struggled when we tried to force the ball to diggs. I think they will be much more productive spreading it around and having 4-5 wr in the 50-70 catch range for 700-1000 than 1 guy getting the bill of the targets 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Stef's playoff performance in the last 3 years is terrible. 0 tds and catch% of 58%. If we can somehow come away with 2 quality wrs in this draft we'll be just fine. I was personally tired of the diva drama and constant inuendos. Time to get young "wr wise" while JA17 is still young.  Thanks for trying Diggsy.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Stef's playoff performance in the last 3 years is terrible. 0 tds and catch% of 58%. If we can somehow come away with 2 quality wrs in this draft we'll be just fine. I was personally tired of the diva drama and constant inuendos. Time to get young "wr wise" while JA17 is still young.  Thanks for trying Diggsy.

I think a much more balanced passing offense would be a great thing. 

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Right, and look at what Stroud has to work with now contrasted with what Allen has to work with.  

There's zero comparison.  

What did Beane say?

31 minutes ago, Bills14221 said:

This certainly makes the Texans visit to Orchard Park a lot more interesting next season.  

That would be very interesting indeed since the game is scheduled to be in Houston.  Did Diggs run the logistics team out of town?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I think the combination of Samuel and Shakir and Kincaid can handle that spot.  That’s what happened during the Bills winning streak to finish the year.  The need remains size and speed on the other side.  

I suppose the obvious move then is to find a way to get Thomas Jr. Or stay put and take Franklin, Leggette or Coleman. Mitchell has some size as well but not like those other guys.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What's more wild is look at how potent the offenses were in those games against the Chiefs without Diggs doing anything.  The Bengals game not withstanding because the whole team was a mess that day. 

It sucks that it didn't work out more cleanly, Diggs is a phenomenal talent, and the Bills will be fine without him. All of these things can be true. 

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

Wait just 1 in the draft...come on Beane you're better than that lol

so you'd turn down this year's and next year's 2nd round picks for DK Metcalf so you can double dip this season?

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Wait just 1 in the draft...come on Beane you're better than that lol

Well depends who they are

28, 2025 1st, 2nd  for Bears #9, select Odunze

Then trade 60 and 2025 Vikings 2nd (via Diggs)  for Tee Higgins or Aiyuk 

Just now, appoo said:

so you'd turn down this year's and next year's 2nd round picks for DK Metcalf so you can double dip this season?

I would go crazy if we got DK Metcalf.....but what reason would Seattle have to trade him.  I think they eat way more $ than we did for Diggs and he's still 26 

Glad he’s gone, he was a ghost while the team went on a winning streak and won the division.  He’s not a dynamic take over the game wide receiver. He’s a nice player, crisp route runner, but he’s not the difference maker he thinks he is.

My only question is, does this extra pick give this team enough capital to move up and grab Odunze, especially with the onslaught of QBs expected to go at the top of the draft?

• Agree 1

This is driving me insane. This is not how to portray Dead cap. It's THREE MILLION

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would go crazy if we got DK Metcalf.....but what reason would Seattle have to trade him.  I think they eat way more $ than we did for Diggs and he's still 26 

They're not anywhere close to contending and DK is their best way to get picks

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, appoo said:

This is driving me insane. This is not how to portray Dead cap. It's THREE MILLION

The worst part is the Shakir Shade.  Lets not forget he was the best WR they had down the stretch to get back to winning the AFCE 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, appoo said:

Perhaps, but the $3 million does not include the cost of a receiver corp replacement (which needs to happen).  That can be expensive depending on what Beane does.

10 minutes ago, appoo said:

What did Beane say?

About what? 

Who cares what Beane said.  Look at the talent Houston has and look at our talent, then ask yourself which is better.  

What Beane says has nothing to do with anything related to our brief discussion here.  

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Perhaps, but the $3 million does not include the cost of a receiver corp replacement (which needs to happen).  That can be expensive depending on what Beane does.

A rookie first rounder is like 19M over 4 years. 

Maybe trading for someone like Tee Higgins you'd use that full cost, but then you're getting 2 players for 1 Diggs

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

They're not anywhere close to contending and DK is their best way to get picks

Pick up the phone!!!

Getting a WR in Round 1  and trading  60 + 2025 2nd + late rounder  for DK Metcalf is about the best scenario imaginable 

***** Diggs!

He's a POS for quitting on this team and fanbase!

He quit at various times during the season, forcing Beane to move on from him.

I hope the O-line coaches daughter spills the beans of this loser.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Better late than never

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PBF81 said:

About what? 

Who cares what Beane said.  Look at the talent Houston has and look at our talent, then ask yourself which is better.  

What Beane says has nothing to do with anything related to our brief discussion here.  

Beane said they weren't done. This is not what the Bills will look like in Sept

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Starship Troopers Parody GIF

This is truly the correct answer.

Man…we are looking at a possible 105 million dollar cap swing from early March 2024 to 25.

Beane is working some witch craft.  Eye of newt and wolfsbane are getting tossed around like tic tacs at One Bills Drive.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Hopefully they look worse, because they cut von miller and ate his atrocious salary

this all needs to happen all the old needs to go

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

just wait....Beane is going to build the Allen A-BOMB  offense

We are going to add 2 impactful WR's.  At least 1 in the draft. Maybe another via trade 

That's my belief. 

I don't particularly care WHO the players are. But he's getting deep threats, and that's right in Brady's wheelhouse for what he wants on offense. 

Just now, appoo said:

So what, the Bills @ Houston game has still taken on a new significance.  Doesn't matter who we sign.  

Not sure the correlation here.  There is none.  

If you want to discuss what more he's gonna do, what, sign another WR for $96M since this deal worked out so well for us?  We can't afford to trade the two decent picks we have on days 1 & 2 and even early on day 3 for one WR that may not even work out.  

He can talk all he wants, but for his team to be in the position it's presently in shouldn't be an accolade.  Our current starting WRs are Samuel, Shakir, and Shorter.  Shorter's never played an NFL game.  Between Shakir and Samuel their best seasons to date are 690/4 and 851/3.  

We're getting slammed in the national sports media with many saying that we have no proven WRs.  

If I were Beane I wouldn't be patting myself on the back after getting a handful of beans for Diggs.  

• Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I don't think any team would take this because the Bills will pick too low and no team has 32 first round graded players. 

Much more realistic is possibly getting to 9-12 in the hopes of getting Rome Odunze, and then if not him getting into around 15 and getting Brian Thomas Jr

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

About what? 

Who is paying franchise QB money?  That is the difference.  It’s a blessing, and a curse. 

Yes, I just watched a Monk episode. 

• Like (+1) 1