Diggs traded to Texans for picks

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Every single team in the NFL does this at some point with a big contract guy. Every single one.

It was either this off-season or next off-season when the Bills were unloading Diggs.

End of story.

Or it could have been two seasons from now when his cap hit was meager.

This braintrust also has other great contracts on the books like Von Miller. You think it's the "end of the story?"

It's just the beginning, and it's not looking good.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills SB odds dropped from around plus 800 to plus 1300 on Fan Duel.  

Houston plus 1500.  Ahead of the Eagles plus 1600. 

Edit - Texans went up 100 after the trade.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yeah, but were they playing for McD….. the guy who put rookie Cooke in the dog house? Cooke who was averaging 5.7?!?! A guy who only had to have the ball handed to him, not run routes.

The idea that a rookie ( or rookies) are going to come in and BE ALLOWED to contribute goes against what we know about this HC.

Your take is pure bull manure!   McDermott plays his high round draft picks -- I think all of his first rounders except Elam started all or most of their games as rookies.   He also starts his second rounders  ...  like O'Cyrus Torrence last season.  Cook didn't play much as a rookie because he wasn't good enough.  He got plenty of PT as a sophomore when he mastered the skills he needed to start for the Bills.   Elam didn't play much as a rookie or sophomore because his play wasn't good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

We've had this discussion before.  Adding a 2025 2nd rounder to our draft picks is no where near enough offer to move from #28 to #6.

could it get us to where we need to be for Thomas? 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am sure I didn’t go “nuts” about the trade itself but I am sure I was angry about the lack of investment in the position.  Same as now.  They’ve known who this guy is for several years and they should’ve been loading up on young talent to replace him instead of chasing to fill the gap when we’re weeks away from rookies reporting.

Drafting a position in need is not a new phenomena.  In fact, most teams actively do it.  Very few teams have the luxury to draft BPA.   We mortgaged our future with some moves such as Vonn and restructuring Diggs among others and swung for the fences and missed.  

Diggs is declining, at least he declined the last 13 games he played, he is turning 31.  He was a virtual non factor when the Bills went hot and in the playoffs and if it weren't for a key play or two (which Diggs had a terrible drop in the last drive against the Chiefs) they could have very well have gone on to win that game.

There is a solid nucleus of young ascending talent on the team.  

I'm anxious to see what new weapon or weapons the Bills add to the arsenal this year and what they do with the $27M cap savings that they'll see in 2025.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont care what Sportac, he is 30, simple fact  and wont be 31 until  very latte in November but if yoo want to claim he is 31 go for it.

I didn’t say that. I said that this is his age 31 season. 

He was great for us - but like others, I'm kind of relieved.

This team has come up short repeatedly in the playoffs.  Diggs was a no-show the past 2 playoffs losses, and dropped one of the best passes I think I've seen in the postseason.

We're heading into '24 w/ essentially a new team. It feels like a very needed clean slate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Not against moving on from Diggs, given his drop in play and questions about his desire to be here. But nothing until 2025 ('24 looking like a bit of a reboot)?  Beane must have more moves in mind (my assumption).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Look around the league, rookie WRs are doing very well, Diggs is still good, but he is an azs hole, and nobody likes azs holes, especially when they fall flat in the playoffs for two consecutive seasons, it had to be done, next year he worth even less, 

Yes, doing very well.

How many are producing at a Diggs level. Even the kind of level Diggs was at in a bad year?

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Honestly, i could see Diggs getting all pissy when finding out were drafting a WR in the first round, knowing that he will have to split the limelight with someone else.

Diva and drama queen?.....absolutely

Aging and self-centered?........yep

Missed?.........we won't miss a beat

Bravo Beane.........bravo.

This is exactly where I am on it.   By the end of last season I was getting sick of watching the guy play.   He was horrendous vs Kansas City in the playoffs.   The Bills will be fine, both this season and for seasons to come.  Its amazing how little slack Beane gets given the amount of winning the Bills have done over the last 6-7 years.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree with that.  Trading your obvious top WR for nothing doesn’t help in the near term at all.  Diggs 100000000% wants to win.  Cutting through all the noise that is what comes through loud and clear.  Allen has taken to partying the last few years.  Deny it all anyone wants but it is true.  He has immense talent and he gives his all on the field but that hasn’t been enough because he screws around too much.  Now our receivers will know what happens if you try to push 17 to work harder/be better.  A franchise realistically has to build around the QB but the QB needs to work.

You sure are beating a drum about something that is conjecture at best, but whatever, you seem willing to die on that sword, 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, please! Last year by the time the playoffs rolled around, the D was starting - what? - four to five of the guys they wanted to start? And the injured included probably four of their best five defenders. And at least two of those who still played- Poyer and DaQuan - were not close to their usual selves due to injury.

What about literally every other season we've been eliminated? In our 3 playoff games vs KC in 4 years...McD's defense has gotten them to punt a TOTAL of 4 times! Is that good? Are you impressed by that? 

McD's D has been awful in the biggest games and moments since he's been here literally every single season, even when we've been relatively healthy. I don't really even know how you can debate that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To take a lesson from last year.  We went into the season without any LBs.  How did that work out.

Just let things take it's course and see what the roster looks like in August and how they play in September.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2