McDermott is feeling the pressure

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sure he does "feel the heat".  I think every HC "feels the heat", including HC who have just won the Superbowl.

Consider Kubiak with Denver. 
2015: not only gets to the Superbowl with The Ghost of Peyton Manning plus Brock Osweiler starting 7 games, he wins!

2016: 9-7. 

2017: Out the door. 

As "Son of Bum" quipped, "2 years from the Superbowl to the Unemployment Line" (and he had a #4 ranked defense that year, too).

The old Penthouse to the Outhouse career move.  

37 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

He moved INTO Cleveland and being in birthplace of Superman did not help him.

Ethan got tainted by his time on the left shore of this country.  

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Is this Mrs. McDermotts burner account?

Shaw66 is a knowledgeable and respected poster.  Calling him Mrs. McDermott isn't respectful.  I think as brethren fans who have suffered through a 17-year drought and other trials together, I think we can do better.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

Josh covers up plenty of Mcdermotts downfalls. If Sean had a mediocre QB and not a generational franchise guy he would be losing a lot more than winning and likely would have been fired.

McDermott is on his what 4th OC? He screwed up with Dennison and Dorsey, lost Dabol to a promotion. Hes bumbled on field decisions and blamed other coaches for losses. Hes now done the same to the players too. 

This is my last year with McDermott. I need a SB appearance to want him back.

He won 9 games with Tyrod at QB. I think if McD had a competent but not elite QB he is routinely a 10 win coach. His play style of playing not to lose will win a lot of games against bad and average teams.

There’s not many coaches in this league that can contend for more than 1-2 years without very good QB play. So saying McD needs a QB is what most coaches need.

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And now he calls critics narrow minded for wondering if the Bills will win a SB with him as HC. You have to belive at this point the thought has crossed Beane and Pegula's mind.

I don't think that he has to worry about Beane. McDermott brought him in and imo he can fire Beane at will. McDermott runs the ship and was in charge before Beane got to town. 

I'm surprised to see the heartfelt support that McDermott is getting in this thread. Yes, his record is good but his quarterback is Great! I don't know, do folks think that McDermott was the only coach who could have achieved this record with Josh Allen at QB? Could no other coach have done a better job in the playoffs, or provided Josh with better tools?

Yeah, it's hard for me to grasp the blind loyaly but as always, jmo. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

OP calls McD many things.

McD says, “To say we haven't had success or Josh hasn't had success, I think would be kind of narrow-minded. It's hard to win in the NFL, so you kind of regroup every year, and you take it one game at a time.”

OP flips out.

OP, believe it or not, the people talking on your screen cannot see you.

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

I thought Superman was born on Krypton...

Superman was created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster in 1932.

They shopped the character for more years than current Bills head has been leading the Bills.  

image.png.566d788f773e614b54abf06d82eb3632.png

Art by Joe Shuster (1933) Imgur http://imgur.com/l6AngBO

Superman museum is in Cleveland and will be my first stop in that city even before watching football.

Edited by Punching Bag

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He won 9 games with Tyrod at QB. I think if McD had a competent but not elite QB he is routinely a 10 win coach. His play style of playing not to lose will win a lot of games against bad and average teams.

There’s not many coaches in this league that can contend for more than 1-2 years without very good QB play. So saying McD needs a QB is what most coaches need.

That’s the one Ace McDermott has that some fans hang their hats on. Big deal he won 9 with Tyrod. Big deal our schedule was cupcake and the Jets and Dolphins were a joke that year. Even the Patriots empire wasn’t the same . We also needed a miracle play in the Ravens game for us to get into the playoffs. 

It was 7 years ago. It’s time we raise the bar and expectations for McDermott and he can’t live off his past laurels. 

Edited by DJB

Why mcdumbass still has a job here: Josh Allen

Why mcdumbass still has defenders: drought trauma

But yes, let's waste another year of a supernova qb while the head coach craps himself in the playoffs yet again. 

Maybe when Allen is 35 and plays yet another almost-perfect playoff game and the bills still lose, the team can consider a coaching change. Or maybe not.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I doubt he's feeling much pressure tbh

Pegula and from the replies in this thread the fanbase at large seem content w our trajectory at present which is a virtually guaranteed playoff spot courtesy of Allen and an outside chance at an AFCCG

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't think that he has to worry about Beane. McDermott brought him in and imo he can fire Beane at will. McDermott runs the ship and was in chaarge before Beane got to town. 

I'm surprised to see the heartfelt support that McDermott is getting in this thread. Yes, his record is good but his quarterback is Great! I don't know, do folks think that McDermott was the only coach who could have achieved this record with Josh Allen at QB? Could no other coach have done a better job in the playoffs, or provided Josh with better tools?

Yeah, it's hard for me to grasp the blind loyaly but as always, jmo. 

McDermott drafted and developed Josh Allen. His success is McD’s success.

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I don’t know if McD is feeling the heat, but I just got a good pump in at the gym for anyone wondering.

Well played if it's the post I think you are referring to. 😀

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you're wrong.  

Your evidence that he's feeling the pressure is based on you evaluation of his performance in a press conference.  He's ALWAYS been bad in press conferences.  He's uncomfortable, he doesn't like it, and he isn't good at figuring out how to give useful answers to questions without saying too much.  

It's ridiculous, meaning it's fair to subject you to ridicule, for you to compare McDermott to Dick Jauron.  McDermott has built a perennial top-five favorite to win the Super Bowl, and Jauron went 7-9 three years in a row before the team fell apart.  There is NO meaningful comparison.  

You're free to not like McDermott, but you're not going to convince anyone who knows football.  The 49ers aren't firing Shanahan and the Bills aren't replacing McDermott.  

There is meaningful comparison. Due to Allen the bar of expectations for McDermott is higher.  McDermott is unreasonably calling people narrow minded who want a higher bar than he wants. Maybe his lower bar is narrow minded.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1