PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

I think we all knew PSL's were going to be a part of this.  They're giving you the right to buy your seat, if you don't want it, they'll give other people the right to buy it.  Other STH's and waitlist people are given a chance to upgrade for a cost - and PSL money doesn't get touched by the league or that 38% that the opponent gets.  You're still given the first right of purchasing it.  

If we didn't get PSLs?  They would likely struggle with the P&L and their loan payments for the stadium.  Probably head back in the direction of a cash to cap type team or they'd likely be operating in the red for a few years.  Then you task people with saving you money, so you pay less for... training staff, coaches, scouts, literally anything that isn't touched by a cap.  Yes TP could probably offset it by cashing out - but that isn't really how the NFL works.  

As for financing?  Inflation has been pretty bad in recent years so... interest rates are high. Easy example - If you borrow 100 dollars today and pay me 110 dollars in 10 years. In 10 years 110 dollars will be worth considerably less in tangible value than the initial 100 i loaned you.  That (plus the obvious - im supposed to make money by lending money) indicates you need a considerably higher interest rate.  

To be totally fair, the article does mention interest free monthly pay off options with 20% down.

For me it will really just come down to the price for my non-club outside the 25 yard line seat's PSL's being in some doable, more reasonable range.

15 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

So this supposed range is just for the really good seats?

Nobody still has any idea what the 300 section equivalent (outside the 25 yard line) will be then?

I am hopeful, but worried. I Certainly won't be paying 10k, especially per seat. Yipes.

I think this was basically all the.. club... platinum. Whatever they want to call them.  Close seats and club seats. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can see myself becoming less and less passionate about the Bills, pro-football, pro-sports in general.. The only way this will ever end is when we don't cave in. I've been caving if for a couple of decades with Sunday ticket....

But now on top of that I have to have 3 - 4 other streaming services if I want to catch the whole season of Bills games

As for the PSL's I would of guessed $10k would be the highest PSL, but looks like I was off by a smidge.

At some point fans have to say "Enough is Enough" and until we do then expect more and more expenses to add up.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

We all knew this was coming, but ouch. Not sure how these prices are going to fly in the Buffalo market. It also really highlights the stupidity of not spending more and getting yourself a domed stadium. You're asking people to spend $20,00 to $50,000 for the right to sit and freeze in terrible weather for potentially three out of eight games on the schedule.

• Agree 2

And to think I opened this topic thinking there would be any actual new information other than the ridiculous suite ticket holders that are going to take the 50 yard line seats and piss all the 40 year seniority people off. Haven’t we already been through this? In like 2-3 other threads no less? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I love how the Bills will contribute x amount for the stadium, when really it's the season ticket holders paying the PSL's that are paying that.   Its like when you go to a store and they ask if you want to contribute an amount to a charity.    Then the company will write a check. with their name on it, like they donated the money, when in reality it was all their customers and not the business donating that money.  

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Simon said:

Having to cough up the equivalent of an automobile just to be "allowed" to buy your tickets has always felt pretty scammy to me.

I don't think that having that perspective qualifies as entitlement.

PSLs are nothing new, and Bills fans have been blessed with not having to be in that environment for far longer than most NFL fans.  Those who can afford it will buy, and those who can't, won't, but acting as though one is "owed" something just for being a STH in the cheapest stadium in the country for years comes off as whiny and entitled.

As long as there's a decent product that new stadium is going to be filled...believe me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

We all knew this was coming, but ouch. Not sure how these prices are going to fly in the Buffalo market. It also really highlights the stupidity of not spending more and getting yourself a domed stadium. You're asking people to spend $20,00 to $50,000 for the right to sit and freeze in terrible weather for potentially three out of eight games on the schedule.

You realize this is for club seats not regular seats. Raiders and Vikings who are two recent stadiums with PSLs had the majority 5k or less.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

PSLs are nothing new, and Bills fans have been blessed with not having to be in that environment for far longer than most NFL fans.  Those who can afford it will buy, and those who can't, won't, but acting as though one is "owed" something just for being a STH in the cheapest stadium in the country for years comes off as whiny and entitled.

As long as there's a decent product that new stadium is going to be filled...believe me.

Agreed. Buffalo basically went twenty years + now where we haven't been subjected to what the NFL is if you want a team. People would being crying hysterics if they left and forever people said they would do whatever it takes. I have some sympathy that if you had tickets for a long time you may have consider not doing that or a new seat but realistically its the price of having the biggest sport in town. The majority of PSLs for the non club/exclusive seating or top seats well be more realistic to fan costs. The Bills were better off delivering this in a better format which would've quelled angst, but regardless come opening day and for years after the place will be filled and you will have people clamoring to get in.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

You realize this is for club seats not regular seats. Raiders and Vikings who are two recent stadiums with PSLs had the majority 5k or less.

However, it still remains to be seen how affordable all of this will be.  It will become very difficult for most families to enjoy a game in-person. The game is made for TV though so maybe in the end this will not matter so much.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:31 AM, stuvian said:

Greed and gambling will eventually be this and other league's undoing. The Ohtani story is going to blow up in ways we haven't foreseen. 

Why would a working family prioritize a PSL over their kids education when the UFL offers something similar? 

Remember, we are talking about the ultra rich class of the world here, these people don’t give a Fuh k about what we say or do, its a whole different galaxy that they reside in. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Remember, we are talking about the ultra rich class of the world here, these people don’t give a Fuh k about what we say or do, its a whole different galaxy that they reside in. 

I once caddied for Warren Buffett's chauffeur. True story

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Steptide said:

Something is only worth what people will pay for it. If people will pay 20-50k, good on them. If not, those prices will drop really quick. Pegula just better hope this team is still good come 2026/27. People arnt gonna pay these prices with a crap product. This isn't 2007. We long held super low ticket prices, and that definitely helped the fan base keep coming to games. 

I think Pegulas are depending on ticket and travel agencies to buy the PSLs who sell to out of area fans to create demand for ones they do not buy.

Many of those agencies have deep pockets due to investments from private equity funds.

This will turn Buffalo into one of those stadiums where visitor fan percentage is high which is not good for crowd noise.

The good news is "NFL private equity plan won’t get vote this week" which will slow investment into these short term investors into NFL.

The NFL committee studying the possibility of letting private equity invest in teams will not seek a vote on their proposal at the league meeting underway in

The committee again met yesterday at a hotel in Orlando. The committee is comprised of

• Falcons owner Arthur Blank,  (   )
  • Broncos owner Greg Penner, ( 💰 )
  • Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, ( 🤮 )
  • the Patriots’ Robert Kraft ( 👎 )
  • and Chiefs owner Clark Hunt as an ex officio chair. ( 🦀 )

No one like Ralph Wilson who will stand up and say this is stupid and makes no sense. 

Orlando this week, sources said. The committee will present its findings to date with the hope of action at their planned May meeting in two months, though even that may be ambitious, sources said, citing the complex nature of the debate.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/03/25/nfl-private-equity-no-vote-this-week

I am waiting to see one of the big, older owners in NFL (i.e. Jerry Jones, Kraft) to see what that impact does to NFL.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1