Anyone else feeling pretty good with the Bills?

13 hours ago, MJS said:

Of course. The Bills are still, and will continue to be, a top 5 team in the NFL. They will likely be in the playoffs fighting for a championship again. We have a Superstar QB in his prime, promising young players, good coaches, and good depth all around. Are we missing some pieces? Probably, but we need to let the off season play out. There is the draft and Beane has until training camp to bring in more talent and retool this roster.

This is one of the premier times to be a Buffalo Bills fan. The team is well respected throughout the league. Players and coaches want to be here. The team has great facilities and is building a new stadium. Each year they reload and try to get better instead of having to make wholesale changes and start over. It's great.

Great post!

Well, we knew this was coming. A "Re-Tool" of sorts. I think the Bills will have a mediocre year. I am more of a realist compared to posts above:

Miami - GOT STRONGER! Not sure what people are talking about here, but they added LB Jordyn Brooks, Center Aaron Brewer and CB Kendall Fuller not to mention Jonnu Smith at TE. Those are all above average players making them pretty strong. But... Tua. We will see but I think the Phins give us a tough run this year.

Then we have Steelers, KC, TEXANS, even Titans got stronger. Jets quietly had a good offseason so far too. If Rogers can play well, they will be a tough out. They beat us last year. Cincy and the Browns will be strong too.

So, I expect no playoffs or a first round loss. This Bills team has way too many holes, new coaches in important spots and a general feeling of swiss cheese.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Well, we knew this was coming. A "Re-Tool" of sorts. I think the Bills will have a mediocre year. I am more of a realist compared to posts above:

Miami - GOT STRONGER! Not sure what people are talking about here, but they added LB Jordyn Brooks, Center Aaron Brewer and CB Kendall Fuller not to mention Jonnu Smith at TE. Those are all above average players making them pretty strong. But... Tua. We will see but I think the Phins give us a tough run this year.

Then we have Steelers, KC, TEXANS, even Titans got stronger. Jets quietly had a good offseason so far too. If Rogers can play well, they will be a tough out. They beat us last year. Cincy and the Browns will be strong too.

So, I expect no playoffs or a first round loss. This Bills team has way too many holes, new coaches in important spots and a general feeling of swiss cheese.

I hope I'm wrong.

You're not. People here are kinda blinkered TBH. Window securely closed 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I agree. I forgot to mention the Jags. What an off season they have had. Gonna be good!

I think with the mediocre CB's we have, lack of a strong DE/Pass rush and safties that are good but not great we will be easy to beat. Grind it out kinda losses...again. But this year more of them.

Think back to the Denver, Jags, Cincy and Giants games from last year.

• Dislike 1

Last year the Bills lost to the NY Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Kansas City Chiefs. 11-6

This off-season they lost their starting safety combo which had been a staple with the team for the last seven seasons. Poyer and Hyde. They also lost their starting Center Mitch Morse who had been with the team since 2019 and helped stabilize that offensive line. 

Now, I understand why the team did what they did but unless they find a better replacement for Poyer and Morse I think the team will have some dramatic troubles.

Home: Jacksonville*, Tennessee, Arizona, San Francisco*, Kansas*, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins*.

Away: Houston*, Indianapolis*, Los Angeles*, Seattle*, Baltimore*, Detroit*, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins*. 

* denotes playoff team in 2023. four home, 7 away, and on the road. Tough schedule IMO. 

The Patriots could be a better team as will the Jets with a healthy Rodgers...and that defense. 

The one position that concerns me the most is the Center position where that player calls the line plays and could be the weakest link if not a top player. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Heading into the draft, I feel pretty good about the Bills.  The only thing lacking is a pash rush from the front 4.  I am concerned Groot has had a couple seasons now and needs to step up and be a 10+ sack guy.  I don't like depending so much on Von. Other than that I feel all the other positions are solid. 

WR is still #1 on my list followed by DL.  Safety in the 4th, along with just BPA from there on out.

Would you like to rephrase this? I'm not being snide but the sentences seem to contradict each other.

15 hours ago, Success said:

We'll be as good as anyone in '24.  But we've been that for a few years now.

Got to get the 1 seed and match up with a Houston or Jacksonville at home. Not KC or Cincy in the divisional round. It's hard enough to make it to the Super Bowl going through just one of those teams. 

Bills have had the two seed 3 out of the last 4 postseasons? KC has only had the one seed in two out of the last four i believe. But other teams keep getting the 1 seed over the Bills due to just inexplicable head scratching losses in the regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I hope I'm wrong.

Miami did not get stronger. Wilkins was their best DL player by a mile. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Everyone wanted a better offense and claims the defense doesn’t show up during the playoffs thus they shouldn’t put resources into it. Well you got what you wanted. Stop bitching.  Let’s see if we can out score everyone.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Everyone wanted a better offense and claims the defense doesn’t show up during the playoffs thus they shouldn’t put resources into it. Well you got what you wanted. Stop bitching.  Let’s see if we can out score everyone.  

Where exactly has the offense improved? By adding the Foreskins ' #3 WR and some guy no one has heard of?

On the OL?

Genuinely curious where the improvement came from 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Where exactly has the offense improved? By adding the Foreskins ' #3 WR and some guy no one has heard of?

On the OL?

Genuinely curious where the improvement came from 

Samuel will be far more consistent as than Davis. Book it.

26 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

HAHA, what!?

They let Gabe walk, cut Morse and traded Bates. 

Signed Curtis Samuel. 

I understand we do the bare minimum at times for Josh Allen, but the standard shouldn’t be so low that this has been considered an offense-centric off-season thus far. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Wish this forum had a bookmark function

Because I'd love to revisit this at the end of the year 

We can revisit it quarterly if you like. I'm not shy about that. And I won't be shy about apologizing if I, and many others, are wrong. Unless he gets hurt, he will regularly outperform Davis. He's just way more versatile and explosive and won't have as many drops. 

I don't think that's a ridiculous take. If anything, your take is the outlier. Could you be right? It's possible. But I don't think it's likely.

• Like (+1) 2

No matter what happens in the draft, im sticking with my theory that the bills offense needs to be better than their defense. We need an offense that just scores drive after drive. We also need an offense (much like kc) that regardless how much they're down, they can come right back and win. Kc has done this since Mahomes took over. It's how they always win. As soon as a team thinks they got em, well, they don't 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

58 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree. I forgot to mention the Jags. What an off season they have had. Gonna be good!

I think with the mediocre CB's we have, lack of a strong DE/Pass rush and safties that are good but not great we will be easy to beat. Grind it out kinda losses...again. But this year more of them.

Think back to the Denver, Jags, Cincy and Giants games from last year.

It’s hard to be more wrong lol.

do you guys remember the drought years? the “nothing matters until we get a QB” years? 

Now we have the second best QB in football. And we are gonna miss the playoffs? Because of the Jags? Because the Steelers have the 26th best QB in football instead of the 32nd?

Hysterical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

I hope I'm wrong.

We are lucky to have you keeping us straight and grounded in reality! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Last year the Bills lost to the NY Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Kansas City Chiefs. 11-6

This off-season they lost their starting safety combo which had been a staple with the team for the last seven seasons. Poyer and Hyde. They also lost their starting Center Mitch Morse who had been with the team since 2019 and helped stabilize that offensive line. 

Now, I understand why the team did what they did but unless they find a better replacement for Poyer and Morse I think the team will have some dramatic troubles.

Home: Jacksonville*, Tennessee, Arizona, San Francisco*, Kansas*, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins*.

Away: Houston*, Indianapolis*, Los Angeles*, Seattle*, Baltimore*, Detroit*, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins*. 

* denotes playoff team in 2023. four home, 7 away, and on the road. Tough schedule IMO. 

The Patriots could be a better team as will the Jets with a healthy Rodgers...and that defense. 

The one position that concerns me the most is the Center position where that player calls the line plays and could be the weakest link if not a top player. 

Indy didn’t make the playoffs dude. Neither did Seattle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

No matter what happens in the draft, im sticking with my theory that the bills offense needs to be better than their defense. We need an offense that just scores drive after drive. We also need an offense (much like kc) that regardless how much they're down, they can come right back and win. Kc has done this since Mahomes took over. It's how they always win. As soon as a team thinks they got em, well, they don't 

I for one am not worried about the offense. I'm sure Beane isn't done. Nobody can predict what he'll do at the draft. And...I'd like to mention the huge number of game changing drops last season, including the last game played.  2 sources of those are gone. Cook will get better catching hopefully and I won't post the replay off the Diggs drop. F..in brutal

We should have beat K.C. by 2 scores. We need to hope we hit on Impact type of DL players. If McD wants to try to stick to rush 4, he better have the horses cause with the likely line up in the secondary as it stands, we're gonna need it. Look how SF built their line. They had good success in the 1st half of the SB. Spags adjusted in the 2nd half and Wilkes didn't.

We're gonna be forced to blitz a lot more and there's a fine line with that.

I digress, gummy kicking in.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't feel great that the Championship window is very wide for us in 2024… I think an AFCCG in 2024 would probably be a bit of overachievement.

Agreed.

I think is likely our weakest roster since 2020.

• Agree 2

I feel reasonably confident with our chances to win the AFCE, but I don't think we're going to start out the season as a championship team. If we have a chance of making it to the SB, they're going to need to continue building throughout the season, which I believe they will. That's McDermott's "process," and Beane's philosophy. And I feel pretty good about that.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

As long as the Bills have Josh Allen as QB there’s a chance of winning a championship.
As long as the Bills have McDermott as HC, I don’t think it will ever be probable.  

Underrated post

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Considering all the personnel losses on both the Bills and the Dolphins, I think the Bills still shape up as the better of the two.  But the Jets seem to be doing the right things to build up their roster, so I would rate the chances of the Bills winning the AFCE at 80%.  Not a sure thing, but very likely.

But getting to the SB with all these key losses?  Not likely at all.  Right now I'd guess the Ravens, Texans, Bengals and oh yeah the Chiefs all look better, overall.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

As long as the Bills have Josh Allen as QB there’s a chance of winning a championship.  

I used to think this. Especially after 13 sec. Now it’s more ‘As long as the Bills have Allen there’s a chance of winning the division’. Winning a championship will depend on a lot more than having Allen as qb.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

HAHA, what!?

They let Gabe walk, cut Morse and traded Bates. 

Signed Curtis Samuel. 

I understand we do the bare minimum at times for Josh Allen, but the standard shouldn’t be so low that this has been considered an offense-centric off-season thus far. 

Really? Gabe being gone is now an issue.  This place is funny. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think, the defense is critically under manned. No depth at nearly all positions. Any significant injuries and Josh will once again have to play at a superhuman level just to break even. Really concerned about DT, DE, safety, CB.

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Really? Gabe being gone is now an issue.  This place is funny. 

Has nothing to do with the concept I was replying to .. the idea that the Bills are going in on Offense at the expense of Defense.  

…they clearly, so far, have not done that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I think, the defense is critically under manned. No depth at nearly all positions. Any significant injuries and Josh will once again have to play at a superhuman level just to break even. Really concerned about DT, DE, safety, CB.

DE is going to be dependent upon Von more than likely.  It is what it is.  Although if it’s a disaster recovery and he just doesn’t have it anymore, we have 10M post 6/1 to address that. 

DT, we just signed a guy who’s better than any of the depth we had last year behind Jones and Oliver. 

I’m fine with Elam as CB3.. I think his entire situation has been bizarre and he clearly has talent.  Hopefully it clicks with new coaching.  

But depth is going to be found in the Draft.  We don’t have the luxury of spending money on above average vet depth all over the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has nothing to do with the concept I was replying to .. the idea that the Bills are going in on Offense at the expense of Defense.  

…they clearly, so far, have not done that. 

We need to turn to a offensive mindset for 2024.  We do need to get better on the D side of ball, but we have lost the last two years because our offense was not dominant.   Improving the WR quality standards on this team is a must "priority 1" matter.  We can't have a stud QB and have substandard WR's.  Digg's is a liability and needs to be addressed via the Draft.  So the draft will give us some insight on this team if it has learned from the losses in the playoffs.  

Face it, our D-Line always disappears in the playoffs with this team, so to combat this you go all in on Offense this year.

We need to wait to see what happens draft weekend.  That will make or break this year.

Edited by Toyo321

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Milano and Bernard at LB is a bright spot (along with Johnson). Still, I see a defense that is not going to be the reason we win games this season. 

Everyone's assuming that Milano will be 100% or close to it.  It's concerning that he wasn't able to put any weight on his injured leg for two months.  That's a long time for a reportedly simple break of his tibia.  That's not normal.  

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Miami did not get stronger. Wilkins was their best DL player by a mile. 

Miami's not a concern.  No matter how good they are, we typically go 2-0 against them.  The playoff game against Thompson was a little bit of a wake-up call, but otherwise no matter how good Miami is or isn't, we beat them.  We're 11-1 after Allen's first start against them and our only loss was that ridiculous heat game a couple of seasons ago where we actually seriously outplayed Miami but lost 21-19 anyway.  

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Samuel will be far more consistent as than Davis. Book it.

And the Wings are better in Buffalo than they are in France too.  

;) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

We can revisit it quarterly if you like. I'm not shy about that. And I won't be shy about apologizing if I, and many others, are wrong. Unless he gets hurt, he will regularly outperform Davis. He's just way more versatile and explosive and won't have as many drops. 

I don't think that's a ridiculous take. If anything, your take is the outlier. Could you be right? It's possible. But I don't think it's likely.

Samuel's a lot of hype here for a WR that's averaged fewer than 500 yards per season and an average of 3 TDs/season.  

He may have a drop or two fewer, but Davis averaged a TD for every 6 receptions.  Samuel's averaged a TD for every 15 receptions.  

Drops, or lack thereof, don't win games.  TDs/points do.  That seems to be lost on many.  

Perhaps most concerning is that there's yet another Carolina connection.  Have any of those worked our for us.  This "familiarity" thing ... LOL  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Samuel's a lot of hype here for a WR that's averaged fewer than 500 yards per season and an average of 3 TDs/season.  

He may have a drop or two fewer, but Davis averaged a TD for every 6 receptions.  Samuel's averaged a TD for every 15 receptions.  

Drops, or lack thereof, don't win games.  TDs/points do.  That seems to be lost on many.  

Not sure TDs/reception is the best way to compare Bills players to others imo

This offense generates a lot more TDs than your average 

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I feel reasonably confident with our chances to win the AFCE, but I don't think we're going to start out the season as a championship team. If we have a chance of making it to the SB, they're going to need to continue building throughout the season, which I believe they will. That's McDermott's "process," and Beane's philosophy. And I feel pretty good about that.

If we can't at least win this miserable Division then it's time for some really major changes.  

We own Miami and the Jets and Pats, until further notice, both suck.  

16 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Everyone's assuming that Milano will be 100% or close to it.  It's concerning that he wasn't able to put any weight on his injured leg for two months.  That's a long time for a reportedly simple break of his tibia.  That's not normal.  

That’s a fair concern. Seems like a much more unusual injury than a regular break. If he can’t get back to his usual self then we will have issues at every level of the defense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1