Anyone else feeling pretty good with the Bills?

Heading into the draft, I feel pretty good about the Bills.  The only thing lacking is a pash rush from the front 4.  I am concerned Groot has had a couple seasons now and needs to step up and be a 10+ sack guy.  I don't like depending so much on Von. Other than that I feel all the other positions are solid. 

Depending on who is there at 28, I am tempted to move down, possibly with Carolina who may want to move back into the 1st. Possibly Washington as well to get a 3rd round pick.   Maybe use a 4th and 5th( or 6th) to move up in the 2nd.

WR is still #1 on my list followed by DL.  Safety in the 4th, along with just BPA from there on out.

How are you guys feeling about a month out from the draft?

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 1

I feel like the time between now and the NFL draft will dragggg as it always does. These last few weeks the waiting is always the hardest part

Tom Petty knew all about it too 🙂 Yes He Did.

• Agree 4

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Heading into the draft, I feel pretty good about the Bills.  The only thing lacking is a pash rush from the front 4.  I am concerned Groot has had a couple seasons now and needs to step up and be a 10+ sack guy.  I don't like depending so much on Von. Other than that I feel all the other positions are solid. 

Depending on who is there at 28, I am tempted to move down, possibly with Carolina who may want to move back into the 1st. Possibly Washington as well to get a 3rd round pick.   Maybe use a 4th and 5th( or 6th) to move up in the 2nd.

WR is still #1 on my list followed by DL.  Safety in the 4th, along with just BPA from there on out.

Listening to OBL discuss this...2 4ths and a 5th or more won't even get us from 128 to the 3rd.....maybe the compensatory end of the round...maybe.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Id like to say we had a quiet, but needed FA.  We have 11 draft pics so we’ll be able to fortify and if Beane want to even trade up a little.

• Like (+1) 2

I feel good that the gap to Miami has grown and so we remain the team to beat in the AFCE and will win the division again and make the playoffs so long as Josh is healthy. 

I don't feel great that the Championship window is very wide for us in 2024. I don't want to rehash arguments about the extent to which one AFCCG appearance from 2020-2023 represents underachievement but I think an AFCCG in 2024 would probably be a bit of overachievement.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Listening to OBL discuss this...2 4ths and a 5th or more won't even get us from 128 to the 3rd.....maybe the compensatory end of the round...maybe.

I was just throwing numbers out. I don't know what it would actually take.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Very good.  Given where the Bills sit with respect to the salary cap I think they had an excellent off season.  As Bills fans we know that the losses while sad did not really hurt the team.  I'm thinking that replacing Morse will be the trickiest part with the most potential downside.  But any Bills fan knows that Morse was undersized and that caused problems against teams with monster DT's.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Usually an optimist, but we have lost a lot of depth that has not yet been replenished, particularly on the d-line.  The draft can't fill all holes and I am not sure about what we have done at safety.  

I will feel better with a couple of DTs that can play and the addition of a capable DE.

51 minutes ago, nosejob said:

19 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I was just throwing numbers out. I don't know what it would actually take.

From a trade value standpoint, both our 4th's and one of our 5th's ABSOLUTELY could get us into the 3rd and well into it. It's just a matter of whether you can find someone willing to trade out of Round 3 for extra picks in 4 and possibly 5.

128 & 133 alone are enough for 99. 128, 133, and 144 can get you as high as 86.

The Rams could be interested to move 99 for 128 & 133. 99 is their 2nd pick in the 3rd Round. After that pick, they don't pick again until Pick 154 in Round 5.

The question is - would we rather have no 3rd's and 2 4th's or 1 3rd and no 4th's? And will we have 2 4th's by Round 3? Good chance we'll have already used one to move up some in Round 1 or Round 2.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of course. The Bills are still, and will continue to be, a top 5 team in the NFL. They will likely be in the playoffs fighting for a championship again. We have a Superstar QB in his prime, promising young players, good coaches, and good depth all around. Are we missing some pieces? Probably, but we need to let the off season play out. There is the draft and Beane has until training camp to bring in more talent and retool this roster.

This is one of the premier times to be a Buffalo Bills fan. The team is well respected throughout the league. Players and coaches want to be here. The team has great facilities and is building a new stadium. Each year they reload and try to get better instead of having to make wholesale changes and start over. It's great.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I heard this segment today too.  I called in right before- Peter from Massachusetts-I called about the new kickoff rules, how onsides kicks would be

• Like (+1) 1

I've certainly seen worse, but I think it's going to be a very mediocre year, though it will be entertaining. There are just too many starters, leaders, and tenured depth players gone, replaced with a mixed bag of non-impact players so far. And too much hope for rookies to produce right away. Hopefully they will emerge as a better team on the other side of it, and have enough money to retool for 25-26.

With Josh Allen, the Bills will always have a puncher's chance. But I'm ready for 8-9, and it won't hurt my feelings. 

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 1