Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

57 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Unironically, he might be, yes.

Rodgers has the regular season. Zero question.

Aikman was absolutely clutch in the postseason and played much better in the postseason than his mediocre regular seasons. 

Hard to find a great stat to encapsulate this via different eras, but Rodgers passer rating dropped 2 points from regular season to postseason play. 

Aikman’s went up by 7.

I kinda lean towards Aikman being an Eli type QB who got hot but I think there’s an argument there.

Aikman is certainly far better than a lot of guys in his era, including Kelly.

I remember the first time I went back, as an adult, and looked at Aikman's stats and I thought, "That can't be right."

It's one of those things where "you had to be there." 

I remember Aikman making all of the important throws at all of the important times.  I hated him like I hated Brady.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

The comments in this thread are embarrassing. He's as good or better than Mahomes? Josh is good enough so he doesn't have to work harder? What planet are you guys living on? This is the kind of thread that gets posted on other forums and those fans laugh at how delusional we are. The only thing Josh Allen has ever won in his life was a few division titles and the Idaho Potato Bowl. Get it together, you are embarrassing yourselves with your acceptance of mediocrity.

What’s embarrassing is a fan of a team believing they have any modicum of control over what NFL players/ teams are doing -the reality is they have no choice but acceptance. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

The comments in this thread are embarrassing. He's as good or better than Mahomes? Josh is good enough so he doesn't have to work harder? What planet are you guys living on? This is the kind of thread that gets posted on other forums and those fans laugh at how delusional we are. The only thing Josh Allen has ever won in his life was a few division titles and the Idaho Potato Bowl. Get it together, you are embarrassing yourselves with your acceptance of mediocrity.

Which is it—Allen is actually mediocre, or our coaching has let us down in key playoff moments?

I’ll say his playoff performances have been stellar for the most part, hardly the stuff of mediocrity, imho. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Let me start by saying I come in peace! Just having a conversation here. I know this is kind of a negative Josh post.

What do you think? Does it matter to you if he doesn’t train or work on his game as much as he use to?

How could you, I or any non Bill possibly know what he's doing in the offseason? Just curious. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

How could you, I or any non Bill possibly know what he's doing in the offseason? Just curious. 

He told us. On Bussin with the boys last year he said the last couple years he doesn’t do what he used to do. He even says his strength coach is going to hate that he’s saying this.

BUT he also says when he comes to OTA’s he tests better than when he did work in the offseason. He believes getting into shape in camp helps him stay healthy. Working out all the time can lead to soft tissue injuries. He said it’s not for everyone but it works for him.

Ive also heard Jordan Palmer say he doesn’t work with Josh as much anymore. Palmer says he doesn’t need it

Thats his own words. 1:06:45.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Let me start by saying I come in peace! Just having a conversation here. I know this is kind of a negative Josh post.

What do you think? Does it matter to you if he doesn’t train or work on his game as much as he use to?

I know you aren't trying to start anything.

So, let me say that this board had this same conversation last year. 

All I want to see is Josh Allen playing the best that he can, and he has not been disappointing in that aspect.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

BUT he also says when he comes to OTA’s he tests better than when he did work in the offseason. He believes getting into shape in camp helps him stay healthy. Working out all the time can lead to soft tissue injuries. He said it’s not for everyone but it works for him.

So like, what are we doing with this thread then?

Sounds like you have your answer. He feels it's better for his body to do it this way. And it's not like we've seen a dropoff in his game because of it. 

I don't care what Josh does in the Offseason so long as he keeps playing like Josh.

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So like, what are we doing with this thread then?

Sounds like you have your answer. He feels it's better for his body to do it this way. And it's not like we've seen a dropoff in his game because of it. 

I don't care what Josh does in the Offseason so long as he keeps playing like Josh.

Exactly what I said. Does it bother anyone that he doesn’t work on his craft like he used to? I figured most would say no because how dare anyone criticize Josh. 

I think he should always work on his craft. But I’m not sure how much better he would be if he always trained like Tom Brady. We’ll never know. 

But most argue the offense hasn’t been as good the last couple years and our QB says he doesn’t work as hard as he used to the last couple years. 2+2 = Ken Dorsey. I know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Which is it—Allen is actually mediocre, or our coaching has let us down in key playoff moments?

I’ll say his playoff performances have been stellar for the most part, hardly the stuff of mediocrity, imho. 

Couldn't disagree more. If Josh was at the pinnacle of the sport and the Bills were winning by 2 TD's then the defense couldn't let them down. Tom Brady is divorced because he was obsessed with football and neglected his family to be the best. Josh is a nice guy. He will never be great because he, like all of you, thinks he's good enough. What a joke

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I think that Josh Allen stopped doing as much in the off-season after 2021. He believed, after that moment, that the difference between him and Mahomes was a coinflip. 

Unfortunately, the gulf has only grown since then. 

Didn't you say you'd never post again if we drafted him?

• Like (+1) 1

Josh definitely has room for improvement, like every QB in the NFL, so saying he can’t possibly play better is silly. Getting better at pre-snap reads has to rank highest on his agenda, but the only way that improves is through watching much more film, something he admits he’s not keen to do. With that said, the reason the Bills haven’t won a Super Bowl isn’t because Josh has failed the team or come up small in the playoffs. We all know the defense, whether ranked #1 or #15, hasn’t been able to pull its weight when it matters. If that unit had a guy step up and make a crucial play when it matters, like Chris Jones has for the Chiefs multiple years, Allen and the Bills would likely have at least one Lombardi by now. 

46 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Didn't you say you'd never post again if we drafted him?

You must be confusing me with someone far more dramatic 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Exactly…for every Montana there’s a Dilfer or Hostetler example of that. 

There’s exactly zero non-all time great QB’s that have won 3 or more Superbowls.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He has said this. I don’t think it’s affecting his game but he was not on the same page with WRs last year so it makes me wonder. 

Most talented QB in the history of the game maybe, but he still has another level to go. I don’t think he has what Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have mentally, especially in the offseason.

(not picking on poster...just that the names brady & mahomes caught my eye) 

what josh doesn't have is Hall of Fame Coaching.....that's huge

what josh doesn't have is the best team around him.....that's huge

yes this is a team game and rings matter, but if you just look at the individual contribution to a plays success...josh is the best QB and player in the league.

i fully trust that josh is setting aside the necessary time to stay in shape and improve on his craft.......and still find time to chase pretty girls, play golf and make TV  commercials.

we are lucky to have him !

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I remember the first time I went back, as an adult, and looked at Aikman's stats and I thought, "That can't be right."

It's one of those things where "you had to be there." 

I remember Aikman making all of the important throws at all of the important times.  I hated him like I hated Brady.

Yeah folks really hate on Aikman far too much.

If I was coaching the SB tomorrow, and I had prime Aikman, Kelly or Marino as my choice of QB, I'd take Aikman for sure.

Just like we'd all take Tom Brady over the field.  Sometimes, there are just guys who get it done.

Edited by FireChans