Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

Anyone seen a dropoff in how well he's playing?

Allen brings it every week during the season.  He doesn't need to elevate his play, though he'll likely continue to improve.  The team around him needs to strive for his level of excellence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Allen is a great qb and #2 currently. What he does in the offseason is his business. But that drive to be the best that existed in Brady and is what’s driving Mahomes right now is clearly not in Allen. That’s ok because not everyone has that and it’s not a requirement to win a championship. 

It was in him though. He worked like crazy the first 3 offseason’s. He's been beat up the last couple years. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills told him to relax in the offseason.

As soon as Bills workouts start he’ll be here. But I don’t think he’s working with Jordan Palmer as much as he did.

Just now, FireChans said:

That’s true. Somehow the all time great QB’s seem to win a bunch for their teams.

Marino. Tarkenton,  Fouts, Kelly - football, not surprisingly, is a team game.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Anyone seen a dropoff in how well he's playing?

Allen brings it every week during the season.  He doesn't need to elevate his play, though he'll likely continue to improve.  The team around him needs to strive for his level of excellence.

Not really. He’s been the same guy the last few years. Also plays great in the playoffs. Probably why we don’t talk about him not working with Palmer as much anymore.

Can he be better?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ever since the KC loss - I've seen threads tearing down everyone from Sean McDermott, Brandon Beane, Ed Oliver, Stefon Diggs, Tyler Bass, Von Miller, James Cook, Greg Rousseau, and others.

I remember saying on either the Oliver or Cook thread something among the lines of, "I know the season ending as it did was hard - but are we really going to tear down everyone on the team not named Josh Allen?"

Here it is and here we are - we now have a thread ragging on Josh Allen.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

Marino. Tarkenton,  Fouts, Kelly - football, not surprisingly, is a team game.

Choker, didn’t watch, choker, choker.

or, alternatively, not as good as the other all time greats x 4.

Unsurprisingly, part of approaching the best ever is playing your best in the biggest moments.

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Like Marino?  

Marino might be one of the best QB’s ever to never win. 

But that’s a big asterisk and a reason why no one says, “it’s him and Brady as the two GOAT QBs.” Because that’s laughable. 

Just now, FireChans said:

Choker, didn’t watch, choker, choker.

or, alternatively, not as good as the other all time greats x 4.

Unsurprisingly, part of approaching the best ever is playing your best in the biggest moments.

Still a team game.  I don't agree w/ your characterizations, either.

I actually think coaching is the most important aspect of winning a championship.  Reid is the best, and the "Mahomes is way better because he has 3 titles" argument basically ends there for me.

But it's not a savvy argument, regardless.  In a team game like football, "x QB is better than y QB because of titles' is a poor take.  Bradshaw had 4. Dilfer wasn't better than Marino.  Many more examples.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really. He’s been the same guy the last few years. Also plays great in the playoffs. Probably why we don’t talk about him not working with Palmer as much anymore.

Can he be better?

Pretty sure Allen has the most playoff TDs/game and lowest playoff INT% in NFL history

so no he literally cannot be better

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Success said:

Still a team game.  I don't agree w/ your characterizations, either.

I actually think coaching is the most important aspect of winning a championship.  Reid is the best, and the "Mahomes is way better because he has 3 titles" argument basically ends there for me.

But it's not a savvy argument, regardless.  In a team game like football, "x QB is better than y QB because of titles' is a poor take.  Bradshaw had 4. Dilfer wasn't better than Marino.  Many more examples.

Patrick Mahomes is already a better QB than Danny boy. 

Sure, a guy like Nick Foles isn’t better than Josh Allen because he has a ring. That’s obvious. No one is arguing that.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure Allen has the most playoff TDs/game and lowest playoff INT% in NFL history

so no he literally cannot be better

He'd be better if he could kick field goals...lazy SOB

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Josh doing offseason training isn't a story it doesn't get photographed all the time, Josh being seen with celebrity girlfriend or going to a golf thing gets reported because that's how that works.

Exactly right.  Do we know what he is doing as far as training?  I just know his pants ripped while his hot girl was following laughing. Seems like he is living a much better life than Kermit the frog.  Very happy he is our QB no matter how hard the road is to the trophy. Too much wine perhaps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Or were the WR's not on page with him?  Romo in the Philly game,  said Davis screwed up not reading the blitz. Allen threw the ball in the correct place.

Add an N and rearrange the letters and voila - 

Romo = Moron

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Marino might be one of the best QB’s ever to never win. 

But that’s a big asterisk and a reason why no one says, “it’s him and Brady as the two GOAT QBs.” Because that’s laughable. 

I have just always hated thst they equate HOF caliber/ franchise QB with Superbowl wins.  Allen is a damn good example as was Tarkenton, Marino etal.  Allen has played damn well in the playoffs, but the team just couldn't seal the deal.

• Like (+1) 1