Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Choker, didn’t watch, choker, choker.

or, alternatively, not as good as the other all time greats x 4.

Unsurprisingly, part of approaching the best ever is playing your best in the biggest moments.

You mean like giving your team the lead TWICE in less then 2 minutes only to have your moron for a HC not be able to defend for 13 seconds?

I'm done responding to your trolling.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The comments in this thread are embarrassing. He's as good or better than Mahomes? Josh is good enough so he doesn't have to work harder? What planet are you guys living on? This is the kind of thread that gets posted on other forums and those fans laugh at how delusional we are. The only thing Josh Allen has ever won in his life was a few division titles and the Idaho Potato Bowl. Get it together, you are embarrassing yourselves with your acceptance of mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I have just always hated thst they equate HOF caliber/ franchise QB with Superbowl wins.  Allen is a damn good example as was Tarkenton, Marino etal.  Allen has played damn well in the playoffs, but the team just couldn't seal the deal.

I’m not saying Allen isn’t a franchise QB. I’m not saying he’s not a HoF QB. Hell, I think Allen is WAY better than Kelly, and he has less playoff accomplishments. 

I’m saying until he wins a Super Bowl, he’s not going to be mentioned alongside Brady, Mahomes, Manning etc. And those guys winning multiple, some with multiple teams, is what separates themselves from Marino and Tarkenton and Allen.

That’s it.

Edited by FireChans

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

The comments in this thread are embarrassing. He's as good or better than Mahomes? Josh is good enough so he doesn't have to work harder? What planet are you guys living on? This is the kind of thread that gets posted on other forums and those fans laugh at how delusional we are. The only thing Josh Allen has ever won in his life was a few division titles and the Idaho Potato Bowl. Get it together, you are embarrassing yourselves with your acceptance of mediocrity.

The bolded is....well, it's somethin'.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

I wonder if TBD existed with the 4 straight SB team, folks would be posting in year 5 that Kelly is the best QB in football and he didn’t need to work on anything. 

Hell, maybe a lot of folks did feel that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Marino might be one of the best QB’s ever to never win. 

But that’s a big asterisk and a reason why no one says, “it’s him and Brady as the two GOAT QBs.” Because that’s laughable. 

Marino couldn’t get by Kelly, who you labeled a choker.  Guess it really is a team game.

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

You mean like giving your team the lead TWICE in less then 2 minutes only to have your moron for a HC not be able to defend for 13 seconds?

I'm done responding to your trolling.

This may surprise you, but that wasn’t the Super Bowl. 

Agreed that was a bad loss and Allen deserves little heat for it. 

Brady and Mahomes have had bad playoff losses and still seem to manage. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I’m not saying Allen isn’t a franchise QB. I’m not saying he’s not a HoF QB. Hell, I think Allen is WAY better than Kelly, and he has less playoff accomplishments. 

I’m saying until he wins a Super Bowl, he’s not going to be mentioned alongside Brady, Mahomes, Manning etc. And those guys winning multiple, some with multiple teams, is what separates themselves from Marino and Tarkenton and Allen.

That’s it.

THAT is a fair take.  SB champions get talked about way more, because titles are a bigger part of NFL history.

But that isn't as relevant to which QB's are actually better.  I give Mahomes full props - but I just don't think he's significantly better than Allen.  From my POV, I'd still take Allen over Mahomes.  We still would have botched 13 seconds with Mahomes as our QB.  Et al.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just by the interviews last off-season I wish he'd work more on nutrition more to prolong his career as long as possible.  Other than that I don't have much to criticize as we really don't know how much he does to improve his game each off-season.

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

Marino couldn’t get by Kelly, who you labeled a choker.  Guess it really is a team game.

Kelly waited a bit longer to choke. 2 TD’s and 7 picks in four Superbowls? Woof.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

THAT is a fair take.  SB champions get talked about way more, because titles are a bigger part of NFL history.

But that isn't as relevant to which QB's are actually better.  I give Mahomes full props - but I just don't think he's significantly better than Allen.  From my POV, I'd still take Allen over Mahomes.  We still would have botched 13 seconds with Mahomes as our QB.  Et al.

I don’t believe that you believe that. 

Rank these 3 QB’s.

Brady, Mahomes, Marino.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I don’t believe that you believe that. 

Rank these 3 QB’s.

Brady, Mahomes, Marino.

Believe what? That QB's aren't necessarily measured by titles?

Brady

Mahomes

Marino

• Like (+1) 1