Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Let me start by saying I come in peace! Just having a conversation here. I know this is kind of a negative Josh post.

What do you think? Does it matter to you if he doesn’t train or work on his game as much as he use to?

I mean, none of us knows exactly how hard Josh works in the off season, right?

Anyone here his neighbor on Dana Point?  Walk Jordan Palmer's dog?  Stake out the parking lot outside Chris Hess' business?  Got motion activated cameras on all the HS and college fields within reasonable driving distance?  

Don't forget to put some kind of high tech bit logger on his internet so you can tell if he's breaking down football film, or gaming.

So let me get this straight - you want to start with a topic where no one here knows ***** about how Josh works now vs. how he used to work.

Then you want to have us all wildly speculate, and call it a conversation?   That's it?  That's what's going on here?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Is aikman better than Rodgers

Ffs be better

Unironically, he might be, yes.

Rodgers has the regular season. Zero question.

Aikman was absolutely clutch in the postseason and played much better in the postseason than his mediocre regular seasons. 

Hard to find a great stat to encapsulate this via different eras, but Rodgers passer rating dropped 2 points from regular season to postseason play. 

Aikman’s went up by 7.

I kinda lean towards Aikman being an Eli type QB who got hot but I think there’s an argument there.

Aikman is certainly far better than a lot of guys in his era, including Kelly.

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He has said this

That he stopped doing as much because he believes the difference between himself and Pat Mahomes is a coin flip?

Baloney.  Receipts or it never happened.

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The only upside of this thread is I got to put two trolls on the ignore list.

What took you so long?

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Believe what? That QB's aren't necessarily measured by titles?

Brady

Mahomes

Marino

I think we all put a little weight on it. Like you said, it doesn’t make Dilfer better than Marino but for the upper echelon of the upper echelon, it does matter, even if it’s just a little bit.

7 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Three things are guaranteed in life - death, taxes, and @FireChans making an appearance in a negative Josh thread.  Just a matter of time before the rest of the skeptics show up.  

QB rankings are always so fun to talk about. 

I’m like a moth to the flame, what can I say? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m saying until he wins a Super Bowl, he’s not going to be mentioned alongside Brady, Mahomes, Manning etc.

I disagree. He’ll be mentioned as equal, if not better, than those guys…among most of the mafia.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Let me start by saying I come in peace! Just having a conversation here. I know this is kind of a negative Josh post.

What do you think? Does it matter to you if he doesn’t train or work on his game as much as he use to?

Josh Said something in his (I believe) EOY presser about changing some of his offseason habits this year.

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I disagree. He’ll be mentioned as equal, if not better, than those guys…among most of the mafia.

That’s probably true.

like those sad Dolphins fans that think Marino is equal if not better than those guys as well.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It was in him though. He worked like crazy the first 3 offseason’s. He's been beat up the last couple years. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills told him to relax in the offseason.

As soon as Bills workouts start he’ll be here. But I don’t think he’s working with Jordan Palmer as much as he did.

That strive to improve his game is definitely there as it is in most athletes. The difference is sustaining that drive regardless of accomplishments, getting paid, complacency etc. Once he was widely recognized as elite and got paid accordingly that offseason work wane. 

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Unironically, he might be, yes.

Rodgers has the regular season. Zero question.

Aikman was absolutely clutch in the postseason and played much better in the postseason than his mediocre regular seasons. 

Hard to find a great stat to encapsulate this via different eras, but Rodgers passer rating dropped 2 points from regular season to postseason play. 

Aikman’s went up by 7.

I kinda lean towards Aikman being an Eli type QB who got hot but I think there’s an argument there.

Aikman is certainly far better than a lot of guys in his era, including Kelly.

There's no easy way to say this but in a thread full of bad takes this may be the worst

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Billl said:

Seems like they’re usually won by whatever team had Brady or Mahomes at QB.

They are the leaders of the dynasty's. But I think even you would admit that this last one wouldn't have happened without the stellar play of guys like Chris Jones and Trent McDuffie on Defense in that game.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is your metric for how hard someone is working in the off season, what they post on social media?

The fact that their qb has already met and worked out with their newly signed receiver just weeks after winning yet another Superbowl does say something about their culture and mentality. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

There's no easy way to say this but in a thread full of bad takes this may be the worst

Saying that Aikman was basically Kirk Cousins might be paying Troy a compliment.

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

There’s a lot more that goes into being a great QB than just being a great passer. Rodgers is a terrible leader. He’s closer to Jay Cutler IRT leadership with better arm talent and prefers to protect his ungodly TD/INT ratio over winning football games. 

I guess I shouldn’t be so harsh to our future VP.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure Allen has the most playoff TDs/game and lowest playoff INT% in NFL history

so no he literally cannot be better

You know what will make the difference?

A defensive tackle at pick #28 in April.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Top 2 qb in the league.  Without him the Bills are nowhere.   Who cares otherwise.

Just gonna completely ignore the reason the thread was created hey? Great post.

Yes. Josh works hard.