Safety Julian Blackmon visiting Bills

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No way you're getting him for that money.

I'd expect  something like 4 yrs, 26mil, with 14 gtd.

Not sure who is left looking for a Safety still … the Bills might not be competing with too many other teams as a number have been signed already ..

I would offer him 2 years … $10-12m …with no guaranteed money into the second year …so you can move on if need be…although hopefully he works out ..

Would be a great result for us 

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not sure who is left looking for a Safety still … the Bills might not be competing with too many other teams as a number have been signed already ..

I would offer him 2 years … $10-12m …with no guaranteed money into the second year …so you can move on if need be…although hopefully he works out ..

Would be a great result for us 

At the top end are Justin Simmons and Jamal Adams, so there is absolutely still a top end of the market.

That said, while Simmons and Adams have the better resume (All Pro and Pro Bowls), Simmons is 30 and Adams has an even worse injury history than Blackmon.

Blackmon is 25, which makes him about Poyer's age when he first came to Buffalo. Getting him cheap could the the start of another run.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

At the top end are Justin Simmons and Jamal Adams, so there is absolutely still a top end of the market.

That said, while Simmons and Adams have the better resume (All Pro and Pro Bowls), Simmons is 30 and Adams has an even worse injury history than Blackmon.

Blackmon is 25, which makes him about Poyer's age. Getting him cheap could the the start of another run.

Adams is 🗑️. He cannot play CF and that’s what the Bills need. Simmons is my first choice but Blackmon would be a nice consolation prize. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Getting safety resolved before the draft would be nice.  Having no third round pick is a killer.  My understanding from a few people I have read/listened to is this draft lacks underclassmen and is not deep so all those late picks the bills have do not hold the value they normally would.

I bet a lot of teams will trade away and move back dumping 5th 6th and 7th rounders for picks next year.

The bills only have two impactful picks at the moment so having four key weaknesses is a problem.  Solving the safety issue would be huge.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Blackmon is 25, which makes him about Poyer's age. Getting him cheap could the the start of another run.

Jamal Adams is bottom of the barrel, not top of the market. And he’d be an awful choice for us playing next to Rapp 

• Agree 7

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Jamal Adams is bottom of the barrel, not top of the market. And he’d be an awful choice for us playing next to Rapp 

But he runs his mouth a lot so he is almost as awesome as Jalen Ramsey.

• Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

I have to admit I thought this said Justin Blackmon at first and was like “Beane’s really digging deep for WR help” lol. 

That kid should have been an absolute stud, but he was an alcoholic. Really sad story. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Not following this.  "Blackmon is 25, which makes him about Poyer's age"....Poyer is 32, almost 33. 

Did you mean Poyer's age when he came to Buffalo, 26?

I think Blackmon would be a very good add.

Edited by Beck Water

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not following this.  "Blackmon is 25, which makes him about Poyer's age"....Poyer is 32, almost 33. 

When we first signed Poyer! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He was never good. One of the most overrated players in recent memory

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Joe Marino said he had a torn Achilles in his past which gives me a little pause...