Safety Julian Blackmon visiting Bills

18 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He won't be here 2 more seasons. 

His 2024 salary is now fully guaranteed. 

Bean 2 years ago reached a contract extension with Diggs that kicks in THIS year. 

His new 4 year 96 mil deal starts this upcoming season. 

Trading him is a 31 mil dead cap hit. 

Post June 1st trade kicks 22 mil into 2025.  Does not save money. 

If they want to move on from him, it will be a giant financial disaster. 

He has annoying tweets.  He is not a bad guy and does not really need to be moved. 

He will again put up a 1000 yrd season in 2024. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

hmmm 

As I said in the Edwards thread, last thing floating around about Blackmon was that given his injury history - our offer was based on Incentive "performance based variable pay". Then Edwards was brought in.

I'm guessing he wasn't ready to sign up for that and wanted to continue to play the field. We couldn't wait around though and signed Edwards.

Maybe he comes back around and we get him later. But with Edwards and Rapp in house now, I'm guessing he gets a better opportunity both financially and in a situation where there's less of a competitive aspect.

Though I'd love to have Blackmon, Edwards, and Rapp together.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

As I said in the Edwards thread, last thing floating around about Blackmon was that given his injury history - our offer was based on Incentive "performance based variable pay". Then Edwards was brought in.

I'm guessing he wasn't ready to sign up for that and wanted to continue to play the field. We couldn't wait around though and signed Edwards.

Maybe he comes back around and we get him later. But with Edwards and Rapp in house now, I'm guessing he gets a better opportunity both financially and in a situation where there's less of a competitive aspect.

Though I'd love to have Blackmon, Edwards, and Rapp together.

That is a luxury and we can't afford it.

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Rapp. Was the Poyer replacement last year and still signed after Poyer signed.

If he’s still around after the draft and we don’t draft a safety it’s possible. Or maybe even before the draft.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

IKR?  Nearly 11 million over and the 3rd worst cap shape.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2025/

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's just stupid to be over AGAIN before next year gets here.  Diggs and Vons contracts are killing us.

Currently 2025 is -$9.8M and when Von is let go next spring it results in a $8.5M in cap savings.  

Diggs contract may get traded.  The trading team gets him for $19.5M with no guaranteed money (no dead cap).

Whether he's cut or traded he saves another $5.1M pre-June and $18.5M post June.  I see a post-June cut.

Josh will restructure $20M more and take his hit down to $40M.

Beane will be in a much better position next spring and going forward.

Edited by ColoradoBills

30 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Ah, I'm so used to Warriorspikes51 answering Buffalofanforever19, that I hallucinated this response ascribed to the other fella.

Only, of course, it was so out of character, I should have known. I thought the apocalypse might be happening, but false alarm.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it's an extra 3 million this year before June 1. Not exactly immovable if they wanted to deal him 

It’s dead cap hits this year and next year.  You seem to always forget that in your crusade against Diggs

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

His 2024 salary is now fully guaranteed. 

Bean 2 years ago reached a contract extension with Diggs that kicks in THIS year. 

His new 4 year 96 mil deal starts this upcoming season. 

Trading him is a 31 mil dead cap hit. 

Post June 1st trade kicks 22 mil into 2025.  Does not save money. 

If they want to move on from him, it will be a giant financial disaster. 

He has annoying tweets.  He is not a bad guy and does not really need to be moved. 

He will again put up a 1000 yrd season in 2024. 

This is right. The thing that sucks is they had old bills playoff games on nfl network and Diggs was clearly the best player on the field, maybe even better than Josh a couple years back just plucking off thrown balls like nothing. I wish we had that guy back and then I would not give a rip about what he says because most of the time he has a point. But right now he’s a shell of his old self and it’s time to get some youth to make up for his lack of eliteness now

• Thank you (+1) 2