Safety Julian Blackmon visiting Bills

48 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hope not.  Quality safeties can be had rounds 4-7.  Ask Hyde and Poyer.

It's not like a tree where a Hyde and Poyer can be plucked every draft. You only get late round guys that pan out like that every so often.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

It's not like a tree where a Hyde and Poyer can be plucked every draft. You only get late round guys that pan out like that every so often.

The Bills recent draft history from rounds 4-7 since 2017 under the McD and then eventually McBeane has been pretty good.

Milano, Taron Johnson, Gabe Davis, Dane Jackson and Benford all ended up being productive to great starters drafted in rounds 4-7. They also found Wyatt Teller and Ray Ray McCloud both of whole went on to have good careers elsewhere. In addition to those players the Bills also found solid role players in Siran Neal, Tyler Bass and Hamlin.

That being said there were about 15 misses in those rounds in that same time period. So it’s a total crap shoot.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills recent draft history from rounds 4-7 since 2017 under the McD and then eventually McBeane has been pretty good.

Milano, Taron Johnson, Gabe Davis, Dane Jackson and Benford all ended up being productive to great starters drafted in rounds 4-7. They also found Wyatt Teller and Ray Ray McCloud both of whole went on to have good careers elsewhere. In addition to those players the Bills also found solid role players in Siran Neal, Tyler Bass and Hamlin.

That being said there were about 15 misses in those rounds in that same time period. So it’s a total crap shoot.

Right. I mean I like our chances, but it absolutely is no sure thing. Well just like every round, you never know really. All I do know is I think landing a Blackmon and then Johnson at DT would really allow the draft to really just come to us and have no unnecessary reaches.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

A good car salesman never lets you leave the dealership without a car....

Scuttlebutt was we offered something heavy in incentives. Which isn't surprising. He tore his ACL before he was Drafted. He tore his Achilles a couple years ago. And now he's coming off a Shoulder injury late in the season.

Unlike White, both the ACL and Achilles happened early in his career and he's had years removed from both to show where he's at. But the fact remains, he's gone down a lot for such a short career.

Regardless of what posters want you to believe, Blackmon and Edwards are close as far as prospective options in the market went. When we brought in Blackmon and then a day later brought in Edwards and signed him after that - that said to me Blackmon wasn't interested and we moved on.

I don't think odds were great he was going to come back to our offer to begin with. Now that we've signed Edwards after re-signing Rapp, I see the odds of him coming back to our offer even less. He'll get a better deal elsewhere or the same deal with a team that has less of a competitive aspect.

TL;DR It'd be cool if we landed him too - but I think the Bills and Blackmon have moved on. I don't see this as something you should be expecting or waiting for anymore.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

that would be good. Ideally we could still also snag one of these quality starters.  Feels like only 20% chance we do though

And there’s really only a 10% chance of that.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:14 PM, TheBeaneBandit said:

Not to mention Poyer was nothing for his first four years.