Bills top 30 visits

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would wait until the 5th or 6th to go down that hole. There are also a good number of vets still out there JK Dobbins, Dalvin Cook, Boston Scott, Zeke Elliot, Kareem Hunt, Cam Akers...dudes who at some point are going to have to take a nothing deal. Cam Akers is the same age as a bunch of these guys in the draft. 

I guess a min deal for those players would be good but i like the idea of upside that you could get with a rookie. 

Considering we only have two RBs on the team right now(!) I think its gonna be both draft and a free agent signing.  We need bodies for camp and the season. 

I would hope the rookie would be the plan to play with the vet setting the floor of play for the position (especially around pass pro).  If thats the plan I think you dont wait til the 5th for a player that you expect to play (not that you cant find good talent just seems crazy to expect them to play right away).  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I guess a min deal for those players would be good but i like the idea of upside that you could get with a rookie. 

Considering we only have two RBs on the team right now(!) I think its gonna be both draft and a free agent signing.  We need bodies for camp and the season. 

I would hope the rookie would be the plan to play with the vet setting the floor of play for the position (especially around pass pro).  If thats the plan I think you dont wait til the 5th for a player that you expect to play (not that you cant find good talent just seems crazy to expect them to play right away).  

The Bills have done a pretty good job identifying these guys as UDFA the last couple of years with Raheem Blackshear in 2022, and  Antonio Williams in 2020. 

Normally I don't love using draft picks for RBs, but we have so many late-round picks it makes sense to spend a 5 or 6 on one. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Bills have done a pretty good job identifying these guys as UDFA the last couple of years with Raheem Blackshear in 2022, and  Antonio Williams in 2020. 

Normally I don't love using draft picks for RBs, but we have so many late-round picks it makes sense to spend a 5 or 6 on one. 

Agreed they have found talent but those were players were werent really expecting to play.  This year feels more like the year we drafted Moss.  We needed a RB that year similar to how we need one this year.  I'm sorta expecting us (hard to expect anything in the draft) to pick one in the 4th. 

It feels like a position that has snaps available versus possible upgrades or depth (CB, S, LG, DE, DT). 

As you mentioned a vet FA could do that but i think a draft pick makes more sense for our cap situation.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cooper would definitely be higher on the board than 99% of the WRs.

A safety with entirely linear movement skills isn't a 1st round prospect. Some other team can make that mistake.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Can't make it too obvious we're WR or bust in the 1st round.

On one hand, it would be funny to watch the board implode if we went DB with our first round pick.  On the other hand, I'd be one of the people imploding...

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Oh no let’s everyone freak out cause the Bills are doing their due diligence on guys who may be there around 28 that isn’t a WR 

No! This draft is the first step in my dream of building a roster with Josh Allen and 52 WRs. Just think of what he could do with all those weapons!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I have been accused in previous draft cycles of being a closet Clemson fan due to my tendency to be higher on their prospects than the consensus. Whether it was Christian Wilkins being a top 10 grade, or my willingness to overlook Isaiah Simmons total lack of a clear position, or my willingness to overlook Andrew Booth's health questions or being high on Trenton Simpson. Well here you go folks, here is the Clemson prospect I don't like. Orhorhoro is not my cup of tea at all. People will know I like good hand usage on a pass rusher, edge or interior, and his are all over the place. And secondly I have never seen a high round DL prospect who gets spun around by OLs so much. He looks like he is doing a spinning top impression half the time and ends up facing the wrong way. If he got to the Bills first 4th round pick would I think the athletic traits were worth a punt? Sure. But spending #60 on this guy would be an error. 

So running down the list: 

1. Marshawn Kneeland DT WMU

2. Khristian Boyd DT UNI

3. MJ Devonshire CB Pitt

4. Tez Walker WR UNC

5. Trey Benson RB FSU

6. Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU

7. Troy Franklin WR Oregon

8. Ryan Flournoy WR SEMU

9. Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

10. Xavier Worthy WR Texas

11. Maason Smith DT LSU

12. Andru Phillips CB Kentucky

13. Keon Coleman WR FSU

14. Laiatu Latu DE UCLA

15. Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa

16. Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson

17. Qwan’Tez Stiggere CB CFL

Is there anyone I’ve missed for top 30s? Looks like we know about half of our visits so far so 13 more guys to go. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So running down the list: 

1. Marshawn Kneeland DT WMU

2. Khristian Boyd DT UNI

3. MJ Devonshire CB Pitt

4. Tez Walker WR UNC

5. Trey Benson RB FSU

6. Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU

7. Troy Franklin WR Oregon

8. Ryan Flournoy WR SEMU

9. Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

10. Xavier Worthy WR Texas

11. Maason Smith DT LSU

12. Andru Phillips CB Kentucky

13. Keon Coleman WR FSU

14. Laiatu Latu DE UCLA

15. Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa

16. Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson

Is there anyone I’ve missed for top 30s? Looks like we know about half of our visits so far so 14 more guys to go. 

Quantez Stiggers was a 30 too

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Oh boy

In all likelihood, he'll be off the board by the time we pick anyways. Would be a nice addition to the secondary though; feels like a very McDermott pick.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Does he technically count because he’s a FA not a draft prospect? 

He isn’t a FA, he is draft eligible this year.

Devonshire may not count as I believe Pitt is considered a local school for the Bills

Just now, LEBills said:

He isn’t a FA, he is draft eligible this year.

Devonshire may not count as I believe Pitt is considered a local school for the Bills

Yup also a good call on Devonshire have to assume Pitt is since PSU was a couple years ago 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Yup also a good call on Devonshire have to assume Pitt is since PSU was a couple years ago 

Yea I believe it’s Pitt, SU and PSU that are our local schools but I can’t find anything to verify that

ML Football isn't always the most reliable source, just throwing that out there.

If true we've brought him and Benson in for a visit. Sounds like we will target a power RB on day three which I'm fine with.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

ML Football isn't always the most reliable source, just throwing that out there.

If true we've brought him and Benson in for a visit. Sounds like we will target a power RB on day three which I'm fine with.

Estime is like a bull in a china shop.

I'm a fan. Would be the perfect compliment to James Cook, and might actually make it so that we can run something other than JOSH ALLEN SMASH in the red zone.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Let’s go! Don’t let the 4.7 40 fool ya

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Confirmed by Ryan Talbot:

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Let’s go! Don’t let the 4.7 40 fool ya

He is one of 3 RB's we reportedly met with at the Combine too (the other two being Braelon Allen and Frank Gore Jr.)

As for the 40, he improved it quite a bit at his Pro Day - running a 4.58 there. Not sure if he was dinged up, had bad starts, or just wasn't trained in track running. But a .12 (even if it doesn't seem like much) difference is a big improvement in a 40 time.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Has it been announced anywhere that we met with Brian Thomas Jr?

He himself said he was here for a visit on the eclipse day. 

Perhaps Beane is trying to keep it quiet as long as possible

IMO he’s our top target without giving up all our high picks this year and next year

23 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IMO he’s our top target without giving up all our high picks this year and next year

I don't think that the teams themselves announce those visits. It is usually the agents leaking to drum up interest or the players themselves posting it to social media. So, Thomas' post on Instagram is probably about as good a source that you can have for this type of information. 

It’s clear with all the rotation of power backs we’ve brought in that haven’t gotten it done that we are interested in drafting one

Its a shame we aren’t waiting until next yer though when the class is infinitely better than this historically bad class 

On 4/17/2024 at 2:33 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

There are no reports of Bills meeting with any of the big 3, and based on Beanes presser, I think there is almost no chance he his eying a move for one.  

We have however met with BTJ once (at least reported once).  However, Beane was pretty adamant about not liking trading future first round picks.  While he said he would do it if the deal made sense, it really was not something he wants to or likes to do and referenced the team regretting it when they did so in Carolina.  

On the flip side, he was very blunt about being aggressive to go get a guy when he gets close enough to make sure they get him.  So IMHO, I think moving up for BTJ isn't realistic until he gets to probably at least 20, if he even gets to 20.  And there has been some smoke about maybe Pitt and Bills swapping picks at 20.  

I am even more of that belief when you see the amount of interest they have in other WR's where they have had multiple visits with them like Franklin, McConkey, Coleman, Worthy, etc.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Brugler on Smith

Maason Smith

Smith is a traits-based prospect with his size, movement skills and pop at contact, but his inexperience is evident on tape with his inconsistent technique, block recognition and rush plan. NFL teams covet 6-foot-5, 300-pound athletes on the defensive line and those types are in short supply in this draft class, which will only boost Smith’s draft projection.

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Brugler on Smith

Maason Smith

Smith is a traits-based prospect with his size, movement skills and pop at contact, but his inexperience is evident on tape with his inconsistent technique, block recognition and rush plan. NFL teams covet 6-foot-5, 300-pound athletes on the defensive line and those types are in short supply in this draft class, which will only boost Smith’s draft projection.

Loads of potential at LSU that wasn’t really realized because he tore up his ACL against FSU. Played last coming off that ACL injury but as you know most who come back from ACL don’t come fully back for two years.  He was also suspended and had an ankle injury as well 

He’s a true projection pick imo. Upside is enormous but a raw football player who can bust as easily as boom but can’t deny the traits