So so far we’re at 

Kneeland Edge (2nd-3rd)

Boyd DT (4-7)

Devonshire S (4-7)

Walker WR (2-4)

All middish to late round guys so far 

Devonshire is a CB, no? 

43 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

If the Bills picked Cooper De Jean, I would be happy with Devontez Walker in round 2. 

If we go another position in Round 1 than WR, I would hope we'd trade up from 60 a bit to get someone who's higher up on my (and most Draft Experts) board than Walker.

He's pretty far down the list for most and I feel like he'd be a little bit of a reach, even at 60.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

I like Tez....a lot.  He's smooth.  He's fast.  His highlights have the "pop" factor that Troy's don't have.  I was on the Troy Franklin train for a long time because that blazing wideout who can run those deep crosses strikes me as the final piece after the Samuel signing.  But Troy leaves me a bit cold.  Perhaps it's his personality.  Weight? Not sure what it is.  Tez just works for me.  If he went back to college and showed-out, you're talking a top ten pick.  He's got BIG talent.  I'd trade out the first, secure Tez early in the 2nd and breathe easy from there.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If we go another position in Round 1 than WR, I would hope we'd trade up from 60 a bit to get someone who's higher up on my (and most Draft Experts) board than Walker.

He's pretty far down the list for most and I feel like he'd be a little bit of a reach, even at 60.

Non NFL gm draft boards are worth little.  Jack Campbell was the 18th pick last year.  Bills fans are still waiting for him to drop to 60 in the second round.  If you like a guy, you can bet you're not alone.  They aren't bringing in Tez because they think he'd be a nice addition late in the 4th round.  They are interested.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

If the Bills picked Cooper De Jean, I would be happy with Devontez Walker in round 2. 

I’d be much more interested in Polk than Walker at 60, and Polk prob last to 60

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

I’d be much more interested in Polk than Walker at 60, and Polk prob last to 60

I don’t know.  Polk is a tough dude and pretty solid-floor guy, but his upside seems pretty minimal to me.  Walker is pretty raw and has his share of problems, but he has all kinds of athletic ability and size - if he improves he could be really good.

9 hours ago, bearstobills said:

Non NFL gm draft boards are worth little.  Jack Campbell was the 18th pick last year.  Bills fans are still waiting for him to drop to 60 in the second round.  If you like a guy, you can bet you're not alone.  They aren't bringing in Tez because they think he'd be a nice addition late in the 4th round.  They are interested.

And you know this how? People are brought in for visits that last until the 4th or later all the time. There was as many Day 3 picks visiting as Day 1 or Day 2 just last year: https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/04/nfl-draft-2023-buffalo-bills-top-30-visit-zoom-and-private-workout-tracker.html

As for Walker himself, I personally have him as the 15th WR I'd take. Even removing Slot or Tweener role WR's, he's still only my 11th Outside WR. And that's pretty on par for where most analysts have him.

Of course when it comes to the Draft, NFL boards are the only thing that matter. But in my personal opinion, I'd prefer we didn't wait to a point where we're taking Walker as our first option.

It's one thing to say maybe the Bills think of him more highly than myself and most analysts. It's another to declare that they do, based on a Pre-Draft visit.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And you know this how? People are brought in for visits that last until the 4th or later all the time. There was as many Day 3 picks visiting as Day 1 or Day 2 just last year: https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/04/nfl-draft-2023-buffalo-bills-top-30-visit-zoom-and-private-workout-tracker.html

As for Walker himself, I personally have him as the 15th WR I'd take. Even removing Slot or Tweener role WR's, he's still only my 11th Outside WR. And that's pretty on par for where most analysts have him.

Of course when it comes to the Draft, NFL boards are the only thing that matter. But in my personal opinion, I'd prefer we didn't wait to a point where we're taking Walker as our first option.

It's one thing to say maybe the Bills think of him more highly than myself and most analysts. It's another to declare that they do, based on a Pre-Draft visit.

All good points.  Yes, as Justin Shorter shows, you can bring in 4th round guys for 30 visits.  Tez does not strike me as one of those guys.  If you don't trade add a pick and take him in the 2nd......he'll most assuredly be gone by end of the 4th.  It's pretty clear they want a blazer.  Tez is a blazer.  I can certainly see a scenario where Joe Brady pounds the table and says, "Out of all of them....he's my guy."  Sam Monson has him as WR 9.  And that's after a bad senior bowl.  If you make the argument that you go elsewhere in the first and take the highest wr on your board in the 2nd...I'd be all for that.  But guys with his size and speed don't last. And I doubt he gets past the bills at 60.  

2 minutes ago, bearstobills said:

All good points.  Yes, as Justin Shorter shows, you can bring in 4th round guys for 30 visits.  Tez does not strike me as one of those guys.  If you don't trade add a pick and take him in the 2nd......he'll most assuredly be gone by end of the 4th.  It's pretty clear they want a blazer.  Tez is a blazer.  I can certainly see a scenario where Joe Brady pounds the table and says, "Out of all of them....he's my guy."  Sam Monson has him as WR 9.  And that's after a bad senior bowl.  If you make the argument that you go elsewhere in the first and take the highest wr on your board in the 2nd...I'd be all for that.  But guys with his size and speed don't last. And I doubt he gets past the bills at 60.  

Maybe you're right, but I'd be unhappy if he is the main selection at WR. If he's a second option, that's fine, but it appears unlikely, given the lack of a third round pick. Beane can move around a bit. I expect he will try and get back into the third, but some of those early picks are going to DL and probably S, though I wouldn't rule out OL, or even, given past proclivities, RB.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Maybe you're right, but I'd be unhappy if he is the main selection at WR. If he's a second option, that's fine, but it appears unlikely, given the lack of a third round pick. Beane can move around a bit. I expect he will try and get back into the third, but some of those early picks are going to DL and probably S, though I wouldn't rule out OL, or even, given past proclivities, RB.

I hope they don't stick and pick in the 1rst.  I think most of us are hoping for an added 3rd (or very early 4th).  I want them to get their guy.  I trust Beane.  If he can find Gabe in the 4th and Shakir in the 5th, I trust in a stacked class he can get a guy he wants.  If they take Franklin in the first, I'd be fine with it because that means he's at the top of their board.  But I'm guessing they don't have a first round grade on Franklin, and after watching Tez, I don't see much of a difference between the two (I like Tez more).  But it doesn't matter what I like.  I just want a weapon streaking down the middle of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Walker will be the next Jaylen Waddle. ..or more.  My picks are:

Trade a 4th to Tb for 26 or even 4th and whatever to Jerry for 24. Get Latu ( given that Thomas jr. is long gone.) We need another Bruce and this guy is a cross between a Bosa and Seau. NFL.com comparison is T.J. Watt. Perfect, since Miller will be out next year. ....and we replace Floyd all in one shot.

Trade next years 1st for a 2nd and 3rd this year, get Sweat 2 WRs and Maason Smith....the next Calais Campbell. BPA after.

Give me Burton and Walker...or Legette and Walker or Polk and Walker, IDC.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, bearstobills said:

I hope they don't stick and pick in the 1rst.  I think most of us are hoping for an added 3rd (or very early 4th).  I want them to get their guy.  I trust Beane.  If he can find Gabe in the 4th and Shakir in the 5th, I trust in a stacked class he can get a guy he wants.  If they take Franklin in the first, I'd be fine with it because that means he's at the top of their board.  But I'm guessing they don't have a first round grade on Franklin, and after watching Tez, I don't see much of a difference between the two (I like Tez more).  But it doesn't matter what I like.  I just want a weapon streaking down the middle of the field.

Understood. I like an entirely different set of players. Thomas, Mitchell, or Legette as a big X. McConkey if they go outside that box.

I don't think Gabe and Shakir is where they ought to be aiming, though Shakir is a nice player, and Gabe, while inconsistent, obviously had his moments.

I'll be surprised if Davis flourishes enough to justify the payday he got in free agency.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bearstobills said:

I wouldn't be thrilled with Franklin at 28 either, personally. I'm not sure of the fit with Worthy and McConkey as far as offsetting what we have already, but i'd DEFINITELY prefer them over Franklin if they were on the board.

Though if we were to trade down from 28 or up from 60, he'd definitely be preferable to me over Walker at 60.

My personal ranking of WR's up to Walker is as follows:

Marvin Harrison Jr. - Ohio State
Malik Nabers - LSU
Rome Udunze - Washington
Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU
Adonai Mitchell - Texas

Xavier Legette - South Carolina
Xavier Worthy - Texas
Ladd McConkey - Georgia
Keon Coleman - Florida State
Troy Franklin - Oregon

Ricky Pearsall - Florida

Ja'lynn Polk - Washington
Malachi Corley - Western Kentucky

Roman Wilson - Michigan
Devontez Walker - North Carolina

And guys like Javon Baker, Jermaine Burton, and Jalen McMillan have a fairly similar grade to Walker, in my opinion. This is an all time WR class as far as depth goes. Because of this, it wouldn't shock me in the least if he slid to Day 3. It also wouldn't shock me if he went at the end of Round 2 - though as I said, I feel it's a little bit of a reach.

If we go elsewhere in Round 1, I wouldn't want to wait to take what's left at 60. I'd prefer a move up for who's left in my Top 10 guys. When it comes to guys at 60, I'd prefer Polk, Pearsall, Wilson, or Corley.  Even though with Pearsall, Corley, and Wilson, I also worry about a lack of offset or fit - i'd still take them at 60 over Walker.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Understood. I like an entirely different set of players. Thomas, Mitchell, or Legette as a big X. McConkey if they go outside that box.

I don't think Gabe and Shakir is where they ought to be aiming, though Shakir is a nice player, and Gabe, while inconsistent, obviously had his moments.

I'll be surprised if Davis flourishes enough to justify the payday he got in free agency.

Old West Yes GIF by GritTV

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trade back to 35-40 and pick up an early 3rd. WR, DL, S from those 3. Trade a couple of the late picks to move up. And draft 6 from  128-189. Picks 9 players, every one of which has a solid shot to make the team. 

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Trade back to 35-40 and pick up an early 3rd. WR, DL, S from those 3. Trade a couple of the late picks to move up. And draft 6 from  128-189. Picks 9 players, every one of which has a solid shot to make the team. 

If the board falls right for us in Round 1 and Round 2 and he's able to not get antsy, I wonder if one of the scenarios he's played with is to move the two 4th's for a 3rd, two of the 3 5th's to get back into the 4th, and 2 of the 3 6th's to get an extra 5th.

Would bring us to 8 picks with 1 pick in every Round and 2 picks in the 5th.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If the board falls right for us in Round 1 and Round 2 and he's able to not get antsy, I wonder if one of the scenarios he's played with is to move the two 4th's for a 3rd, two of the 3 5th's to get back into the 4th, and 2 of the 3 6th's to get an extra 5th.

The 4ths don’t have enough points to be a 3rd. The 5ths absolutely think is a possibility 

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The 4ths don’t have enough points to be a 3rd. The 5ths absolutely think is a possibility 

Teams are using a revised chart these days. The modern trade chart, that more accurately reflects trades done in recent memory than that of the ancient Jimmy chart, does. It's the bottom of the 3rd, but it's a 3rd. 

128 is 19 pts. 133 is 17 pts. That's 36 pts. Pick 99 is 36 pts. Pick 100 is 35 pts.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Teams are using a revised chart these days. The modern trade chart, that more accurately reflects trades done in recent memory than that of the ancient Jimmy chart, does. It's the bottom of the 3rd, but it's a 3rd. 

128 is 19 pts. 133 is 17 pts. That's 36 pts. Pick 99 is 36 pts. Pick 100 is 35 pts.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

Either late 3rd or early 4th would be OK in my opinion.  There are usually some guys that are available at the top of the 4th that seem to stand above the others remaining.  Of course, still better to have the late 3rd…

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

would Beane use any top 30 visits on MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, BTJ ?   Or would he not do so to stay in stealth mode 

I think Thomas is a strong possibility but I don’t think they’d tip their hand on the top 3 if that’s the route their going to go 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

would Beane use any top 30 visits on MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, BTJ ?   Or would he not do so to stay in stealth mode 

was wondering the same thing.  None of those 3 were on their combine visit list either so... Wonder what the track record is with Beane drafting players that have/haven't been met with at the combine or on visits.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He is projected to go late 2nd/early 3rd so I'm surprised we're bringing him in. I really don't want a RB before day three this year, too many other needs to fill.

Especially since we only have two picks before day 3.  Neither should be a RB.

• Agree 1

On 4/3/2024 at 2:31 PM, gonzo1105 said:

I think Thomas is a strong possibility but I don’t think they’d tip their hand on the top 3 if that’s the route their going to go 

Thomas has a small chance to fall in a range where they can do a more moderate smaller trade up. I can see scenarios where Thomas is there around pick 24 and the Bills can package a swap of pick 60 for a third plus a 5th to make that type of trade up. 

But I just don’t see them being able to trade up to pick 12 or higher at a reasonable cost.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:59 PM, astb41 said:

was wondering the same thing.  None of those 3 were on their combine visit list either so... Wonder what the track record is with Beane drafting players that have/haven't been met with at the combine or on visits.

It's zero in early rounds. And I do mean zero. 

On 4/1/2024 at 9:52 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think moving up into late round 3 is a possibility but I don't then see the knock on after that because I think this class is not the best day 3 group ever. It's a pretty strong top 130/140 in this class. But the lack of underclassmen coming out means day 3 - certainly rounds 5-7 - is just a lot of older prospects who have underwhelmed / underachieved in college and maxed out their eligibility. I would not be surprised at all if Beane does what he did last year on day 3, trade back a ton and pick up 2 or 3 extra day 3 picks for 2025. 

Edited by GunnerBill

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm in no position to make demands but it would be cool if we had a running list of top 30 visits.

Here's a good place for that. They keep a lot of info and update it accordingly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2024/03/nfl-draft-2024-buffalo-bills-top-30-visitors-zoom-meetings-and-private-workout-tracker.html%3foutputType=amp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So we have met with mcconkey. 

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

A private workout and a top 30 visit. That tells me we're very interested, perhaps as a 2nd round target. Based on his frame and combine I don't think he'll be a 1st round pick anymore.

🤤 🦆➡️🦬

Edited by LEBills

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

A private workout and a top 30 visit. That tells me we're very interested, perhaps as a 2nd round target. Based on his frame and combine I don't think he'll be a 1st round pick anymore.

Wouldn't hate him at 28, would be stoked if Beane moves back into the mid 30s and gets him and a high third

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Wouldn't hate him at 28, would be stoked if Beane moves back into the mid 30s and gets him and a high third

That goes for all players in the draft. I will like them much better if we get them a few picks back while picking up a 3rd.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That goes for all players in the draft. I will like them much better if we get them a few picks back while picking up a 3rd.

I mean, if you are telling me that the Bills picks up Brian Thomas at 28 i would be asking if Beane broke a leg sprinting to the podium.