Floyd signs with Niners

This one hurts - Floyd was a beast. 10 sacks? or more? Anyway, he will be missed. We are losing a lot of good players!

Floyd

Morse.

Davis. (Hurts more than people know).

Poyer/Hyde combine as 1 for me.

Hope Beane has a plan and acts fast. If you think the draft is gonna hit on filling these spots you are on glue.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DCofNC said:

Good for him, he will feast out there with all the attention brought to others.

Yeah, I think he’s best suited as a complimentary piece and we relied too heavily on him being the guy after his start to the season. They should expect him to produce with Bosa opposite. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Why what was the reasoning for a 4th and no the third we were all told we'd get for Edmonds? Anyone know?

The NFL will not disclose their formula. Overthecap seemed to have it nailed down, but not on that pick. Edmunds missed some time this season and playing time factors into the formula. Total speculation on my part, but that may have been it. He was calculated as giving us the lowest 3rd round comp pick - other than the ones given to teams that have minority GMs and HCs hired away. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Process said:

$10M per, not worth it. He completely fell off towards the end. Get some young blood in here. 

Floyd’s production came in spurts and early in the season.  8 of his sacks came in 4 games.  

He never had a sack in December or January when the team needed him.

Dont get me wrong.  He’s a good vet to have on defense and a great signing by Beane.  Not at $10M a season.