Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

He is looking like a stealĀ 

I mean Iā€™m laughing at the Ridley deal being insane but Gabe isnā€™t in Ridleyā€™s class and he was overpaid too. This all just shows how we need to load up on WR in this epic receiverĀ draft class

• Agree 2

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

We dont' have the cap room to sign him

We have Brandon Beane, there is no cap šŸ„³Ā 

Ā 

But honestly heā€™s one of the few players if we can get a reasonable deal on id be all about spending for. Then we get at least 3 WRs in this amazing class

I'm just trying to figure out what the plan is with Armstead if we sign him. I thought he played 3-tech for San Fran. So why are we even targeting him? I know DL is a big need but we can't keep spending big money on defense and ignoring the offense in FA.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm just trying to figure out what the plan is with Armstead if we sign him. I thought he played 3-tech for San Fran. So why are we even targeting him? I know DL is a big need but we can't keep spending big money on defense and ignoring the offense in FA.

We can if weā€™re going big in the draft on offense. This draft class is WRs and O line and Beane knows it (hopefully)

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Taron extension?

Milano rework?

Oliver kick can down road?Ā 

Allen extension?Ā 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Because playing $23m Ā a year for WR like Ridley is dumbĀ 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Heā€™s played all over the DL in the NFL. My guess is DE and DT flex. Heā€™s big and long enough to play next to Oliver on pass downs. He fills multiple holes with one guy.Ā 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

this offseason has a lot of veteran defensive talent out there, and this draft class is not as deep in defensive players where we have need particularly (DT/Edge). Offenses is very stacked, so you settle for a few short contracts for vets on Defense, and try to load up on offensive talent.

Ā 

thats not to say there arenā€™t good Defense players to draft, but a lot of positions drop off talent-wise after the first 2 rounds.Ā 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Because playing $23m Ā a year for WR like Ridley is dumbĀ 

Ā 

Wonder if hopkins is available?Ā  Big roster bonus triggers tomorrow, and they'd get more trade value if they ate it.Ā  They could also cut him today or tomorrow to avoid it.Ā Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ā 

wasn't this pretty much what was expected. And the hopes of actually signing a guy like Armstead a prettyĀ  far off false hope?

Ā 

*shrugs*

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ā 

Ā 

49 followers citing insider sources?

Ā 

seems legit sam winchester GIF

Ā 

I wouldn't be surprised if that was correct. But this is most definitely a case of someone reading a rumor and then putting out a tweet "confirming" it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

wasn't this pretty much what was expected. And the hopes of actually signing a guy like Armstead a prettyĀ  far off false hope?

Ā 

*shrugs*

Dude posting this Ā is a scrub .. lives in a basementĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, KingBoots8 said:

49 followers. Got his account November 2023. Donā€™t believe this for a second until someone with a reputation reports it.

Ā 

Which - true or not probably would never happen.Ā  You report this, don't expect to be allowed back in the building.Ā Ā 

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yowza! Well, now we see why the WR market was moving so slowly. Players like Gabe and Mooney have to be kicking themselves right now for not waiting for that top shoe to fall.

Ā 

Hollywood Brown's price tag just went up. Not great for us as even mid tier guys like Josh Reynolds will probably factor their deals a little bit higher than they were before.

Ā 

I have to imagine releasing DeAndre Hopkins, which I thought was always a possibility, is a much larger possibility now. Another downside of this is in expecting Jacksonville to retain him - it effectively removed them from WR at 17. If they were prepared to pay close to what Tennessee offered, which I have to imagine they were with the price tag being what it is, they're definitely still in play in Round 1.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Ā 

I canā€™t wait to see the legs this totally non-credible sourceā€™s pablum gets. Ā Before long you will see posts all over TBD assuming this as fact. Ā 

Ā 

Update: Ā It took 24 minutes shockingly.

Edited by FLFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ā 

Ā 

What a load of BS. Why even post an account with 49 followers? You can just quote someone from page 3 of this thread who would likely have more credibility.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

I mean, the Pats are a dumpster fire and the city of Jacksonville is trash. Iā€™d live in Nashville too between those 3 choices lol

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ā 

Thatā€™s how it looks from the outside. And itā€™s the most likely explanation for not fully restructuring Allenā€™s contract.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I can believe that Pegula has placed cash restrictions on spending this offseason.Ā  He has a lot of financial obligations with the new stadium and with the renovations to the KeyBank Center.Ā  Could explain why Josh's contract was not fully restructured.Ā  If true, really bad time for this given our need for restructures to have cap space to be competitive this season.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1