WR Diontae Johnson Available for Trade

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d rather call Denver about Sutton, but I’m not against this idea

Sutton had a great year last season, will he ever stay healthy to repeat it? I'm not sure but with the contract and compensation it cost if rather get a rookie.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He could also give an easy opportunity to dump Diggs next year if the rookie pans out. Rookie #1 WR and a vet with some good years ahead of him as #2.

I’m not a fan of dumping Diggs at all really. Would like him to retire a Bill. But if his attitude takes a turn for the worse, or his play drops off the edge of a cliff then maybe. Personally I’d stick him at #2 once you find your #1. Or maybe make him the best slot WR in football by a long shot. He could live there in that role for another 5 years. 

Eh. He’s got the talent but is a very me-first player. Very few Steeler fans pound the table for him anymore after his antics and outbursts last year…

Could do just as good for significantly less. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IMG_5202.jpeg

27 years old   5’10  183 lbs  

I’m not a big fan….but his production is better than I expected

especially having been stuck on their inept offense

I think some of you need to come to the realization there is almost no chance Beane trades for a WR.  Not only do they cost more, but he isn’t likely giving up assets in one of the richest WR drafts in NFL history where we have 11 picks for a more expensive vet.

• Like (+1) 2

His production with Big Ben was pretty good but if the Steelers want out there's a reason. Outside of Pickens and Freiermuth, I don't think the Steelers are committed to any of their skill position players. 

If he's available for Jeudy-like compensation it's because he has a $3M roster bonus next week.........which would drive his cap hit to $10M for 2024.  

I think a $10M actual cost for one season(with void years or not) is a no-go.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
auto correct Jeudy

10 minutes ago, stuvian said:

His production with Big Ben was pretty good but if the Steelers want out there's a reason. Outside of Pickens and Freiermuth, I don't think the Steelers are committed to any of their skill position players. 

They prob want to beef up their draft capital and land one of the cheaper, younger WRs in this draft.  Essentially like when the Vikes traded up Diggs, and ended up with Justin Jefferson.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m not a fan of dumping Diggs at all really. Would like him to retire a Bill. But if his attitude takes a turn for the worse, or his play drops off the edge of a cliff then maybe. Personally I’d stick him at #2 once you find your #1. Or maybe make him the best slot WR in football by a long shot. He could live there in that role for another 5 years. 

If Diggs plays like he did down the stretch last year in 24, Beane will call him an Uber to the airport himself.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If Diggs plays like he did down the stretch last year in 24, Beane will call him an Uber to the airport himself.

Yeah but that’s not going to happen