Damar Hamlin: Would be a “dream” to play for the Steelers

SCBills

I get why he’d say this given his relationship to Pitt, but what a weird thing to say when he’s under contract with Buffalo next year.

Maybe he knows he’s not long for the roster?

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree with you that he's on the bubble and he probably knows that.

I don't have a problem with it. It's his hometown team. Doesn't every player want to play for the team he grew up rooting for?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

JFC. Kid grew up down the street from their stadium, attended games throughout his childhood, went to training camps @ St. Vincent, played collegiately in the same stadium and has personal relationships with staff and players on that team…

Like @Blackbeard, @WhoTom and @BuffaloBillyG alluded to… There’s nothing more than a kid talking about his dreams growing up.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Damn who's going to do fake punts now

McDermott should just make himself the twelfth man on ST blunders… Show them how it’s done. Pretty sure he could wrestle his way for a first down. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

JFC. Kid grew up down the street from their stadium, attended games throughout his childhood, went to training camps @ St. Vincent, played collegiately in the same stadium and has personal relationships with staff and players on that team…

Like @Blackbeard, @WhoTom and @BuffaloBillyG alluded to… There’s nothing more than a kid talking about his dreams growing up.

You should probably chill out.. nobody in here is attacking him.  It is a weird thing to say when you're under contract with another team, who drafted you, but I even alluded to getting why he'd feel this way. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You should probably chill out.. nobody in here is attacking him.  It is a weird thing to say when you're under contract with another team, who drafted you, but I even alluded to getting why he'd feel this way. 

Chill out? Saying JFC is being un-chill? Lol ok…

There’s nothing weird about it. If he grew up in say Dallas, was a Cowboys fan and was playing for us, sure. It would be a weird thing to say. 

Nothing weird about a guy who’s in the position to actually do what he dreamed of a as a child to say that the childhood/hometown team is one he could see/want himself to play for. 

Wouldn’t be any different if a sibling in the NFL said they’d like to join _____ so they could play with their brother…

Theres no fire here. No need to imagine smoke. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m good with this!

His is a great story and wish him nothing but the best—it’s just easy to wonder if the Bills brought him back this year based on his remarkable recovery and national press, more so than actual skills—given how often he was a healthy scratch, etc.?

• Agree 2