Damar Hamlin: Would be a “dream” to play for the Steelers

SCBills

Honestly, if it wasn't for the Bills, i don't know any other team that would even have the guy on their roster. Now, i'm not putting him down or degrading him.....i'm simply saying that he is not good.

He was good last year for an NFL "feel good" story, but as a player taking a roster spot with his poor performance on the field, if i was a HC around the league, i really wouldn't want him on my roster when there are other more viable choices available to fill a spot or need.

sorry.......not sorry.

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was doing an interview in Pittsburgh where he said I wouldn't mind finishing my career in Pittsburgh

That's it nothing more or less

It's not a big deal

Agreed, it really is not a big deal.  Hamlin's time in the NFL is getting short and if he puts that out there, maybe the Steelers would give him a courtesy look.

Lot's of players probably have a team they'd like to finish up with.  I would not be surprised if our very own Josh Allen sometimes thinks about finishing his career with his boyhood team, the 49ers or where he lives now (Rams).  He's intelligent enough to never say that publicly since he's the franchise QB with unfinished business here.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Honestly, if it wasn't for the Bills, i don't know any other team that would even have the guy on their roster. Now, i'm not putting him down or degrading him.....i'm simply saying that he is not good.

He was good last year for an NFL "feel good" story, but as a player taking a roster spot with his poor performance on the field, if i was a HC around the league, i really wouldn't want him on my roster when there are other more viable choices available to fill a spot or need.

sorry.......not sorry.

i mean, I don’t think anyone considered him worse than the worst safety in the entire nfl when he was playing for us the year prior and im positive no one here saw enough reps from him last year to make that judgement

its just over correcting the opposite direction to make a claim like that 

once off his rookie deal he will struggle to find work potentially but I doubt if he gets cut today his career is done 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

i mean, I don’t think anyone considered him worse than the worst safety in the entire nfl when he was playing for us the year prior and im positive no one here saw enough reps from him last year to make that judgement

its just over correcting the opposite direction to make a claim like that 

once off his rookie deal he will struggle to find work potentially but I doubt if he gets cut today his career is done 

And we can agree to disagree.....i believe he is done, whether cut or not. The guy had like 2 snaps all season and one god-awful fake punt. That is highly not worth a roster spot, not even close to potential performance on the field capabilities and no other franchise would have him other than on the PS.

sorry.......not sorry. 

On 2/27/2024 at 9:31 PM, Bferra13 said:

Yeah, it's the exact same thing. A dude under contract basically saying he'd be happier elsewhere versus a dude trying to stay relevant, who's been retired for 5 years no less, that never played here saying that. Good reference.

Thank you, because there was a reason why he didn't before, genius.

"Rob Gronkowski discussed the situation on an episode of the New Heights podcast with Travis Kelce and Jason Kelce."

""I'm like, 'These #######s, I'm gonna remember that one.' No, it was actually pick number 41. They know they passed me and then I was pissed. Kind of, I was like, dude, like I could have just played for my hometown team. They don't have a tight end and they passed me at 41, and then the Patriots traded up, actually from the Oakland Raiders to number 42 and got me at number 42. And right there on the spot, I was just like, 'Oh, like after Bills?' They didn't want to take me, same conference and all that. I was a Bills fan growing up all the way to that moment right there.""

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-these-a-holes-i-m-gonna-remember-one-rob-gronkowski-extremely-angry-bills-drafting

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.