Sean McDermott joins NFL Competition Committee

Logic

I think it's safe to say he's not getting fired anytime soon, so perhaps we can stop with the various "Fire McD" threads.

I know ... fat chance. But that horse is dead.

The horse is no more.

It has ceased to be.

It has expired and gone to meet its maker.

It is an ex-horse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wow...that is quite the honor and says a lot about what the rest of the NFL thinks of McDermott.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I remember when this was a big controversy when I was a teen.

af.jpg

If loving you ain't right, I don't want to be Wong...

Edited by Big Turk

26 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I think it's safe to say he's not getting fired anytime soon, so perhaps we can stop with the various "Fire McD" threads.

I know ... fat chance. But that horse is dead.

The horse is no more.

It has ceased to be.

It has expired and gone to meet its maker.

It is an ex-horse.

pGbFOMsQPVjT.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

First order of business...

Hire 100+ full-time refs and pay them $200,000/yr (and they must quit their other job).

I got a sneaking hunch that a number of NFL referees make much more that that number at their "day" jobs.  Officials are attorneys, CPA's CEO's general managers, all of those jobs pay well above the numbers you are showing.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Hire 100+ full-time refs and pay them $200,000/yr (and they must quit their other job).

- 3 months of ref training during NFL training camp

- Off-season refreshers/training weekly

- In-season, in addition to their assigned game... weekly meetings to go over calls throughout the league and how to improve week-to-week

- Ongoing review, reporting, and accountability with penalties (financial or dismissal) if repeated problems

- Have another 50 refs "on call" for emergencies who are trying to crack the top 100

100 x $200K = $20 mil (Nothing to the NFL)

So, I looked really quickly to see some of the other occupations... dentist, pilot, HBO films producer, etc... I think a lot of these guys would be making a lot more than $200K working full time at their other jobs.

33 minutes ago, transient said:

So, I looked really quickly to see some of the other occupations... dentist, pilot, HBO films producer, etc... I think a lot of these guys would be making a lot more than $200K working full time at their other jobs.

That's a little bit of my point. They are focused on other careers. Get hungry guys who would kill for $200K and dedicate their careers to being an NFL Ref.

Who are McClappy and McVay replacements for? Belicheat and Carroll?

They are the longest tenured coaches in their divisions, so they get it by default, correct?

Edited by 14774

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

- 3 months of ref training during NFL training camp

- Off-season refreshers/training weekly

- In-season, in addition to their assigned game... weekly meetings to go over calls throughout the league and how to improve week-to-week

- Ongoing review, reporting, and accountability with penalties (financial or dismissal) if repeated problems

- Have another 50 refs "on call" for emergencies who are trying to crack the top 100

100 x $200K = $20 mil (Nothing to the NFL)

The refs have a union, it's not a money issue from the leagues side

Edited by uticaclub

17 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

From here on out any team not playing complimentary football will receive 13 public  lashings at the 50 yard line.  As it should always have been.

No lashes.  Just go sit on the 'inactive' list for four weeks, the entire team.  Teams placed in such a situation forfeit at their games during that period.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.