WR or Dlineman? What would be your main priority..

I know we all want to address the WR position but I still think the main priority for the team going forward is to re-establish the defensive front around Oliver. To beat Mahomes, You gotta affect the QB. It’s not the sexy pick but you have to keep investing in the D line. We just watched Mahomes win another SB and this time he didn’t have a single 1,000 yrd WR…

3 times vs. Mahomes in the playoffs and I don’t think we have one sack against him. I definitely think we need to add a WR but I don’t believe we should be putting all our chips in that basket. I think Brady is going to have to develop an offense that can get more out of the passing game and Diggs. 

• Disagree 9
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

I feel like the "Invest in the D-Line to sack Mahomes" is only something you say if you're a team that doesn't have an elite quarterback. The singular goal of this draft should be to give Josh Allen playmakers and to not make "Josh Allen hero ball" the only way to compete. Yes, we should invest multiple picks in the defense but it's well past time to give the best QB in franchise history the best weapons of his career. McDermott is a defensive coach. He needs to figure out how to put together a decent defense that doesn't come at the expense of the offense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I feel like the "Invest in the D-Line to sack Mahomes" is only something you say if you're a team that doesn't have an elite quarterback. The singular goal of this draft should be to give Josh Allen playmakers and to not make "Josh Allen hero ball" the only way to compete. Yes, we should invest multiple picks in the defense but it's well past time to give the best QB in franchise history the best weapons of his career. McDermott is a defensive coach. He needs to figure out how to put together a decent defense that doesn't come at the expense of the offense.

All we have is Diggs, and hes not on the level of JA where you can lean on him and he carries weight. Diggs is a piece, not a machine. We need more parts. I say draft 2 or 3 WRs this year and bring in a ton of undrafteds. The only other acceptable option is throwing a package together to get MHJr. 

And bring in Ricky Pearsall

14 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I know we all want to address the WR position but I still think the main priority for the team going forward is to re-establish the defensive front around Oliver. To beat Mahomes, You gotta affect the QB. It’s not the sexy pick but you have to keep investing in the D line. We just watched Mahomes win another SB and this time he didn’t have a single 1,000 yrd WR…

3 times vs. Mahomes in the playoffs and I don’t think we have one sack against him. I definitely think we need to add a WR but I don’t believe we should be putting all our chips in that basket. I think Brady is going to have to develop an offense that can get more out of the passing game and Diggs. 

WR, DL, Safety, WR, DL then fill in with BPA.  I'm sick of Josh getting crap for WR targets.  Give the man a legit #2 in this draft that can push Diggs and supplant him at #1 going forward. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Bpa is the way to go if u have a safety that's rated a 8-10 on the board and a wr or de that's a 5-10 then u draft the safety. We've made to many mistakes in the draft just drafting for need. The Bills need difference makers whoever they see on the board that they can see reaching that potential then take them i don't care if it's a RB or a Safety just go get some stars on this team. 

We've seen plenty variations of champions and other then QB there's not really a definitive position that stands out as must have maybe other then pass rushers. Otherwise we seen teams with great Wrs win and average Wrs win and great CBs win and average CBs win I can go on and on. The thing is having 3-5 difference makers that's been the common denominator 

• Agree 2

I would not reach on a player just to get a receiver but they reached over receivers for a corner two years ago IMO. I think receiver is priority #1, Dline is priority #2 and safety is priority #3. 

That doesn't mean you MUST draft them in that order, but that's the order of priority for me. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

Depends on how the board falls and what the Bills do in FA.

The draft is very deep at WR and depending on who is there you could possibly find a day 1 starter/key contributor at WR on day 2. 

So, for me let's say the Bills snag a Darnell Mooney in FA...but decide to let DaQuan Jones walk. I'd be good in that scenario taking someone like T'Vondre Sweat at that spot and being prepared to slide up a bit in Rd 2 for a WR if a run starts to happen. 

• Agree 2

Me wide receiver
Bean, I don’t know

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would not reach on a player just to get a receiver but they reached over receivers for a corner two years ago IMO. I think receiver is priority #1, Dline is priority #2 and safety is priority #3. 

That doesn't mean you MUST draft them in that order, but that's the order of priority for me. 

I think that people that want other positions are really not thinking it through about just how important a good wide receiver pic would be

diggs Is not getting any younger, and frankly did not have very good second-half season last year

We mostly assured they are going to lose Gabe Davis

We were forced to use Trent Sherfield way too much and harty was a real disappointment

If we had wide receivers, that could actually catch a ball that’s being thrown to them we might not have lost that Kansas City game. I counted 3 Big Pl. that were dropped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

If there's a TJ Watt/Chris Jones in this year's draft, then go for it. If not, then surround Superman with more members of the Justice League. Superman can't defeat the Legion of Doom all by himself

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

WR, DL, Safety, WR, DL then fill in with BPA.  I'm sick of Josh getting crap for WR targets.  Give the man a legit #2 in this draft that can push Diggs and supplant him at #1 going forward. 

Not that I’m in favor of this but if we plan on playing more man next year and Elam gets his act together a very easy thing to improve the d would be to flip one of Douglas or Benford to safety and to then invest that pick elsewhere.  (I’m totally against moving Benford, FWIW, but the thought exercise there is a reasonable one.) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.