What are your feelings on James Cook RB1

27 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

About as happy as can be with him. Shore up those drops and I think he will he a top 5-10 back. Obviously best paired with a thunder to his lightning, which makes Moss’ departure and subsequent success look pretty bad even if we did get Hines in return who I hope has a bounce back year but is by no means a thunder. Also happy with Ty Johnson who was closer to an effective thunder. Could do much worse than Cook, Johnson, Hines. 

By the way, any chance we see Damien Harris back?

I was hoping Braelon Allen would last till our 3rd rounder, but that is unlikely. Folks will want WR, DT, and S before RB; I would not pass on him at #99.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

About as happy as can be with him. Shore up those drops and I think he will he a top 5-10 back. Obviously best paired with a thunder to his lightning, which makes Moss’ departure and subsequent success look pretty bad even if we did get Hines in return who I hope has a bounce back year but is by no means a thunder. Also happy with Ty Johnson who was closer to an effective thunder. Could do much worse than Cook, Johnson, Hines. 

By the way, any chance we see Damien Harris back?

I really like Damien Harris. He was very good, especially against us when he played in New England. I didnt think he was utilized very well under Dorsey. I think we should bring him back 

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I watched the games. The stats match my eyes. If Cook was effective, we would have used Cook more.  

Josh Allen steals red zone TD's.

D'Andre Swift also doesn't score a lot of TD's and there's a very clear reason for that.

He has some wiggle, and he can actually run away from DBs if he gets a step. He isn’t dragging anybody for an extra yard though, and I wish he would stop dropping touchdowns. I think the o-line did a much better job run blocking last year, which helped him out a lot.

I wouldn’t spend assets on a RB.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Cook was 3rd in yards from scrimmage for all running backs. What else needs to be said?

Has terrible hands. Drops passes he should catch. Dropped 2 easy game changing TD’s this year.

Has a bad habit of fumbling.

I mean, we could go on if you really want.

But if he can rectify those things, then ya. Not much else needs to be said.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Given his leaner frame, I had zero expectations for him running north-south but he did this surprisingly well and I saw him drag defenders after getting engaged.

Very happy for a late 2nd round pick. Is he Derick Henry? No, but he's got juice, good vision, more power than expected and is a catching threat (despite some drops; as someone said, he's a running back not a WR and he's got the league's hardest thrower passing him the ball). Get a bruiser late in the draft or in FA and we're good.

All 4 of his dropped td passes were not lasers thrown to him. In fact 2 were touch passes. He drops passes like that because of a lack of focus. This isn't something a jugs machine or ping pong balls are going to fix.

52 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All 4 of his dropped td passes were not lasers thrown to him. In fact 2 were touch passes. He drops passes like that because of a lack of focus. This isn't something a jugs machine or ping pong balls are going to fix.

Yea it is concentration drops. What is most interesting to me is 3/4 drops were redzone and I genuinely think he has taken his eye off the ball to look for the goalline in each of those situations. In all 3 it looks like his head comes up early. I think that is something coaching can try and drill into him a bit but mainly it is the sort of issue that experience and maturity can help with.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Always afraid he will fumble. Needs better focus at times. Not big enough to carry the entire load himself. Not sure if he likes getting hit. But boy is he quick when he gets the edge and I love how he squirts thru holes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.