Bills Receivers worst in drops in the NFL since Brady took over

we have a couple drop machines in Gabe, Knox, and Cook. plus, Diggs lost his mojo somehow.

Gabe most likely wont be here, and hopefully Kincaid gets a larger target share from Knox.

Knox AND Cook both need to get their hands/heads on straight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

It seemed to me that the 1st part of the season Kincaid caught everything near him; not a single drop.  At some point, he started to drop a few, but I still wouldn't call it a problem.  Diggs, 1st part of the season very few drops but at some point, started dropping quite a few.  Also, it seemed that Cook was thrown to later in the season more & had a few critical drops.  I don't know if these issues corresponded to the switch in coordinators, just seemed like a marked difference between early & late season.  (Perhaps weather came into play?  Harder to catch a ball in cold/wet than in warm/dry conditions.)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's hard to determine why this happened, but once Brady took over, Buffalo had:

21 drops

10.1% drop rate

Both worst in the NFL over that span

So, where are you getting those stats? I'd love to see week by week data.

In any case, there are many causes. It's not one thing, it's many working together.

But a lot of it is that Josh has a bit harder time with short throws than with longer ones, and that he sometimes puts mustard on balls that are short, making it really hard to handle. And mustard from Josh is hotter than just about any other in the league. More short throws under Brady than under Dorsey.

That's not all, though. Receivers  certainly have a part in it.

Oh, and take a look at your math. It's a small difference, but 21 drops in 229 passes is 9.17%. I assume you meant in-season drops, right? That's 229 attempts. If you were including the playoffs, it would be 69 more throws.

So, not 10.1%. Instead 9.17%. Not that that's a great figure either, but correct figures are more useful in understanding the world.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Could be many reasons for that.  Happenstance? Late in the season? Defenses able to play our receivers better?

My question is, why is that on Brady?  Wouldn’t it ultimately be on the WR coach? Pretty sure the team misses Chad Hall.

Cook dropped some soft balls that was frustrating.  But I am prepared for the bills to be top half for drops because Allen has a tendency to launch rockets to guys ten yards from him.  Some of Davis and Kincaids drops are more in Allen IMO.  I know people wil say if your hands touch it you should catch it out just be ready to talk about drops while Allen is here.  It’s not all the wrs.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

we have a couple drop machines in Gabe, Knox, and Cook. plus, Diggs lost his mojo somehow.

Gabe most likely wont be here, and hopefully Kincaid gets a larger target share from Knox.

Knox AND Cook both need to get their hands/heads on straight.

More so for Cook ...

• Like (+1) 1

any casual football fan that watches most teams can easily see the Bills WRs drop more passes than any other team.

Other teams catch everything against us, making unbelievable catches.  We drop easy TDs.

Other kickers hit 50+ yarders in the rain when the game is on the line.  Bass gets the yips on extra points.

Buffalo is so good that they make mistake after mistake, and still win.  If they ever tightened up, and mastered basics, the Bills would be a Dynasty with Josh

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Obviously not Brady’s fault, but as mentioned this simply matches Diggs decline. He once was the only receiver on this team with good hands. Kincaid is quite reliable, but the increased usage of Cook in the passing game didn’t help those numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.