Ravens/Chiefs Game Thread (Keep the Bills stuff out of here, please)

Roundybout

22 minutes ago, BRH said:

McDermott’s defenses have been pretty good against him too. 

You simply take away a dimension.  When the QB is one-dimensional to begin with, guess what that leads to?

A loss?🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Actually think that resting the starters Week 18… but playing first week of the playoffs is the way to go…

Bills having to go and fight for the Division Week 18 … getting banged up and guys injured was a major handicap whilst the Chiefs rested up …

Yea I gotta think that game goes differently if we had just one of Bernard/milano.  They absolutely victimized Klein whenever he was on the field 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 97bills said:

It was bad when NE went to the Super Bowl every other year, but this feels worse because we do have a great QB. Buffalo has to get it together, 

We have mostly a great team. Injuries and a couple of coaching blunders have held us back. Todays game just hurts looking at these team knowing almost for a fact we would have beaten both of them if we were healthy. I'm sick of the heartbreak and the "excuses"

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

We have mostly a great team. Injuries and a couple of coaching blunders have held us back. Todays game just hurts looking at these team knowing almost for a fact we would have beaten both of them if we were healthy. I'm sick of the heartbreak and the "excuses"

It's the same as 13 seconds. We should of advanced both times and more than likely would of advanced to the SB then and now if they would of held on.

• Agree 1

If I were the coach I would bring the team Back with the tune of " foot in the gas" crush every team by 30+. No more gentleman close game football. No more leaving games to come down to a play or two. I know that's just dreaming right!? Who cares though. It's what I'd like to see.  

Didn't watch this game, but from the sounds of it, it went about how I was worried it could go. Chiefs offense is limited and the Ravens defense is good and given the scoreboard doesn't sound like that was refuted.

The problem was maybe the Ravens defense can contain Mahomes and the Chiefs most of the game. But I also know the Chiefs have a good defense and Lamar can be game planned for, we know this because our team has done it 3 times already to 2-1 record where the one loss was by an incomplete pass in the endzone in 2019 when Allen was still getting better and so was the offense around him.

So if the Ravens defense can contain and limit the Chiefs offense and the Chiefs defense can do the same to Lamar then who between Jackson and Mahomes do you think can put their team on their back and finds a way to win and who do you think collapses under the pressure.

hm.gif

57 minutes ago, phypon said:

So much for the SB logo colors.

I think Taylor Swift threw a monkey wrench in those plans. Plus the NFL knows that a Chiefs-Lions Super Bowl is way more interesting than any other match-up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

The Chiefs are so impressive. They beat the Bills in Buffalo, their best opponent, by playing what I believe is their best game of the Mahomes era. Then they don’t skip a beat, get up at Baltimore, and it was never a game. 

They are impressive but the Rave-ins pretty much self destructed with a goal line fumble and red zone INT.  

• Like (+1) 1

I see a lot of people complaining about the hold/semi-tackle of Flowers, saying that the refs screwed that up.

They actually called it correctly in my opinion. The ball was in the air, so it could not have been illegal contact or defensive holding. It wasn’t defensive pass interference, because the ball was uncatchable (it was actually thrown away out of bounds 15-20 yards away from the contact).

It didn’t rise to the level of unnecessary roughness either.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

The Chiefs are so impressive. They beat the Bills in Buffalo, their best opponent, by playing what I believe is their best game of the Mahomes era. Then they don’t skip a beat, get up at Baltimore, and it was never a game. 

Sometimes you gotta give your opponent some credit … they bring their best in the big games and get the wins…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Until Reid retires, the Chiefs will be SB contenders every year. Imo Reid is the biggest reason for the Chiefs’ success. 

As we saw this year, without top notch talent, Mahomes is really good but not other-worldly. Reid is a huge difference maker. 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sometimes you gotta give your opponent some credit … they bring their best in the big games and get the wins…

Coaching. Always ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Coaching. Always ready. 

It’s coaching AND execution …

Like I said … for all the injures, poor D play and other issues… the Bills still had an opportunity to win at the 2 minute mark … on the Chiefs 35 ,,,down 3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think you have to go back 15 years or something to find an AFC Championship game that didn't involve the Patriots or Chiefs. I hate dynasties. Hate em. It's so boring. The only Dynasty I can get excited about is the Dynasty Buffet over on Franklin Blvd. You just never know what you're going to get over there!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s coaching AND execution …

Like I said … for all the injures, poor D play and other issues… the Bills still had an opportunity to win at the 2 minute mark … on the Chiefs 35 ,,,down 3

How do the Chiefs always execute. Game in game out. Year in year out. They rarely ever beat themselves. 

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

How do the Chiefs always execute. Game in game out. Year in year out. They rarely ever beat themselves. 

Yes … even today…  Mahomes completion at the end to ice the game … it’s great stuff in a big game 

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Until Reid retires, the Chiefs will be SB contenders every year. Imo Reid is the biggest reason for the Chiefs’ success. 

Yes, evidenced by all the Lombardi’s he had before Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 2

Mahomes, Reid and most of that team used to be so humble. Not anymore. Bad news is they're gonna be dynasty for a long while if Mahomes/Kelce/Reid stay locked in. And now Pachenco. Scary.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes … even today…  Mahomes completion at the end to ice the game … it’s great stuff in a big game 

To be fair that’s all he did in the second half though lol ravens really screwed the pooch in this one that was as easy a possible win vs kc gets 

13 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yes, evidenced by all the Lombardi’s he had before Mahomes. 

Evidenced by his 4 consecutive NFC Championship game appearances with McNabb at QB. And then basically repeating the feat with the Chiefs.

He’s probably the greatest coach of all time IMO.

24 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

As we saw this year, without top notch talent, Mahomes is really good but not other-worldly. Reid is a huge difference maker. 

Coaching. Always ready. 

Yeah, they got the QB-Head Coach combo. All we got is the QB. Sean is good, but gets out coached in the playoffs year after year. I am also going to give it to The Chiefs gm. He never misses. I used to put Beane up there with Polian, and now I am not so sure. Love the Kincaid pick, and Cook has been working out, but he has had many blunders with draft picks and FA signings, like Von.

I wish The Bills were in the NFC. The AFC is a gauntlet, and like others have mentioned, the combination of Reid and Mahomes is lethal.

15 minutes ago, cale said:

Mahomes, Reid and most of that team used to be so humble. Not anymore. Bad news is they're gonna be dynasty for a long while if Mahomes/Kelce/Reid stay locked in. And now Pachenco. Scary.

Kelce most likely is not playing much longer. Dude is like, 35? He showed up in the playoffs, but has slowed down a bit this year.

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

To be fair that’s all he did in the second half though lol ravens really screwed the pooch in this one that was as easy a possible win vs kc gets 

He didn’t have to do anymore though… he had a two score lead during the second half… and then when it became a one score lead the Ravens never saw the ball again. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I just watched the CBS talking heads and the Fox talking heads and no one talked about Jackson's very bad game and very bad playoff record.  I can't believe if Allen had a 2 - 4 playoff record and had 1 TD and 2 TO's in a home championship game they wouldn't be all over the guy. 

Allen has been incredible in the post season but he’d be roasted alive if he had a game like Lamar did today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Allen has been incredible in the post season but he’d be roasted alive if he had a game like Lamar did today.

Allen gets roasted alive playing nearly perfect games. It's the most frustrating aspect of this team underachieving.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Evidenced by his 4 consecutive NFC Championship game appearances with McNabb at QB. And then basically repeating the feat with the Chiefs.

He’s probably the greatest coach of all time IMO.

How many rings with that Eagles run again? My memory is fuzzy in my old age. How many AFCCG did he led KC to before Mahomes? Nevermind any Superbowl appearances.

Reid is an excellent coach. But the main reason for KC’s recent success is Mahomes. His talent maximizes Reid’s plays. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

How many rings with that Eagles run again? My memory is fuzzy in my old age. How many AFCCG did he led KC to before Mahomes? Nevermind any Superbowl appearances.

Reid is an excellent coach. But the main reason for KC’s recent success is Mahomes. His talent maximizes Reid’s plays. 

Reid and Mahomes are complimentary to one another. That is probably the biggest difference between them and Allen/McD. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

It's a regular season award unfortunately 

So they claim. I doubt it. I don’t believe it’s written anywhere, given that we are never told when the  voters have cast their official choices..

10 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Spags figured out how to stymie this year's Lamar. Rush 5 or 6 and make Lamar play fast. When he has forever, those recievers eventually get open long. Not nearly as much today.

It was a great defensive design.  The Chiefs were very disciplined n their pass rush and didn't get out of their lanes.  And notice that Jackson struggled to hit the open receiver even when he had all day to throw.  And don't forget that the Chiefs #32 dropped an easy INT that hit him right in his hands and Jackson made a spectacular play on the batted ball that should also have been intercepted.

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

And the Bills find some way to goof up at the end. Whether it's not throwing to Diggs over the middle, or playing a defense that gave the Chiefs the middle of the field field when they had two timeouts left, the Bills give the Chiefs the opportunity to bring their best. I guess you can say I'm still bitter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.