2024 WR Draft Class

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He was last year. 

He was, but if I remember correctly, it got better when Brady took over, and it was def on in the playoffs. Everything on offense was off in that first half last year under Dorsey. But does that mean we wouldn't want a guy with That skill set on the roster? 

I really didn't understand the rebuttal. If anyone thinks that Thomas will be a bust or sucks, I totally respect that opinion.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Having two #2s next year and no Diggs makes a trade into the top 15 this year using #28 and our 25 1st rounder much more likely IMO.

Still a pretty weak room if you ask me. It's hard to see how this team got better so far. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m good with Ladd if they draft more than one guy. I think he fits very well with what they want to do. 

Same. Now Diggs has gone they need a Ladd type as well as a vertical guy. My only concern with that is I don't know what you are getting in the vertical category later.... I think you have to take that guy first in all likelihood. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Either the Bills are trading up massive for who they consider an alpha or they are double dipping very early in this draft. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s at 28 and 60 back to back 

Yep.

Option 1: Trade up big, giving up next year's #1, one of next year's #2s and some mid round picks and get into the top 10 for one of the consensus top 3;

Option 2: Trade up smaller giving up one of next year's #2s and a mid round pick for (most likely) Thomas;

Option 3: Take an X receiver at #28 (likely Mitchell or Legette) and a Z type / move receiver at #60;

Option 4: Take a Z type / move receiver at #28 (likely Ladd or Worthy) and trade up in round 2 giving up one of next year's #2s for an X receiver (likely Legette or Coleman) in the 40s.

I think we are going to see one of those 4 options. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep.

Option 1: Trade up big, giving up next year's #1, one of next year's #2s and some mid round picks and get into the top 10 for one of the consensus top 3;

Option 2: Trade up smaller giving up one of next year's #2s and a mid round pick for (most likely) Thomas;

Option 3: Take an X receiver at #28 (likely Mitchell or Legette) and a Z type / move receiver at #60;

Option 4: Take a Z type / move receiver at #28 (likely Ladd or Worthy) and trade up in round 2 giving up one of next year's #2s for an X receiver (likely Legette or Coleman) in the 40s.

I am good with any of the above

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep.

Either way that Alpha or two rookies however it plays out will be damn lucky to have Josh Allen throwing them the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Having two #2s next year and no Diggs makes a trade into the top 15 this year using #28 and our 25 1st rounder much more likely IMO.

That would probably  be enough to go get Brian Thomas Jr. And maybe Beane would trade up to make sure he lands Mitchell if he views him as having #1 potential. 

But Beane might value proven talent over potential talent. And I think 28 could get Aiyuk from the 9ers. Would need some magic to make a new contract work with this year's cap.

But I'd love Aiyuk as the new #1. Think he'd have close to Diggs production with Josh as his QB. Plus he's a much better blocker than Diggs...

It's going to be interesting!

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Okay. Something tells me WR in Round 1 just became a lot more likely & moving up to get one is a distinct possibility.

I guess this takes Cooper DeJean off the table in round 1  😀

• Haha (+1) 1

Same. Now Diggs has gone they need a Ladd type as well as a vertical guy. My only concern with that is I don't know what you are getting in the vertical category later.... I think you have to take that guy first in all likelihood. 

So any shot you can find that deep threat in free agency? DJ Chark, Jalen Guyton, Hardman, MVS…all 4.3 guys. I myself an a big Guyton fan, bot sure if he is all the way back from the ACL. Maybe a Michael Gallup? I know none of those guys are Diggs level players, but they are fast and aside from Hardman are also big. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So any shot you can find that deep threat in free agency? DJ Chark, Jalen Guyton, Hardman, MVS…all 4.3 guys. I myself an a big Guyton fan, bot sure if he is all the way back from the ACL. Maybe a Michael Gallup? I know none of those guys are Diggs level players, but they are fast and aside from Hardman are also big. 

As a temp solution, sure. But where is the cap money coming from without pushing more down the line? We were allegedly at $8.5m space before the Diggs move which accelerates $3m of additonal onto this year's cap. So down to $5.5m. I know we have the Tre money to come but that only serves to cover our draft picks (need about $10m). If one of them wants to come play for $2m on a one year deal or something then fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Especially with the first #2 being Minnesota's. Decent chance that is a top 5 pick IMO. So in Beane's mind it will still likely be one top 35-40 pick plus our own 2nd rounder. That isn't so far off from what it would be normally. That definitely opens the door for trading next year's 1st if one of the top 3 WRs gets low enough. I think Odunze getting to #9 would be the trigger.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Especially with the first #2 being Minnesota's. Decent chance that is a top 5 pick IMO. So in Beane's mind it will still likely be one top 35-40 pick plus our own 2nd rounder. That isn't so far off from what it would be normally. That definitely opens the door for trading next year's 1st if one of the top 3 WRs gets low enough. I think Odunze getting to #9 would be the trigger.

I am not quite as low on the Vikings if they get even serviceable QB play but I agree with the point. It is a top half of round 2 pick.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is still going to miss out on the top 3 WR.  Is Brian Thomas Jr worth 2 1sts?  They will be gambling that he develops into a complete prospect instead of just a deep threat.  It isn’t an unreasonable gamble as you can see his movement skills, but that is a steep price, in my opinion.

Do you think they might trade up and take a DE like Latu?

Yep.

How about option 5:  two x receivers.  Mitchell and Legette would look great in bills uniforms 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yep.

FWIW, I hope it isn’t Coleman.  I’d be happy Legette and could settle for Baker or Polk if they are at 60 or later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, <bills4life> said:

How about option 5:  two x receivers.  Mitchell and Legette would look great in bills uniforms 

I think my preferred option would be trading back with Washington to get their 3rd rounder this year. Take best WR available at pick 36, then use one of next year's 2nds to trade up in the 2nd round for another top 50 WR. Come away with two of these players - Legette, Franklin, Coleman, Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey. That looks amazing on paper. Depending on how the rookies perform it's decently possible we would immediately have a better WR room than we had last year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McConkey probably doesn't get past KC at #32

Fine. Taking him at 28 would have been a wince and a nod for me while we had Diggs.

Dude looks like a potential good WR2. I ain't putting him out as a starting #1

1 hour ago, <bills4life> said:

I'd be good with all sorts of combos!  I'd LOVE finding a way to get both Xavier's

Worthy at 28 or small trade up, then use the 2025 2nd and pick 60 to move way up in Round 2 for Legette 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd be good with all sorts of combos!  I'd LOVE finding a way to get both Xavier's

Worthy at 28 or small trade up, then use the 2025 2nd and pick 60 to move way up in Round 2 for Legette 

100 percent.  If there was any year to double dip this would be the year.  Especially seeing some of these contracts that have been handed out to the wr position.  I absolutely love the idea of getting young studs that have size, speed, and the opportunity to grow with an all pro qb.   While at the same time saving money that can be used to address other need areas in the future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 Round Mock

Beane AGAIN joked in his presser today that he is taking a WR in every round 

We got 3 in this one.  Worthy can lineup anywhere.  Legette for the X.   Thrash is a similar type player to Diggs

Used our 2025 2nd to move up in Round 2 

image.thumb.png.f8919546eee0f66b544445cdf4d450b4.png

Samuel

Worthy

Legette

Shakir (Slot)
Thrash 

Shorter 

2 extremely explosive players added in both Xavier's along with Samuel  gives us a HUGE upgrade in speed on offense 

We'd be one of the faster offenses 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think my preferred option would be trading back with Washington to get their 3rd rounder this year. Take best WR available at pick 36, then use one of next year's 2nds to trade up in the 2nd round for another top 50 WR. Come away with two of these players - Legette, Franklin, Coleman, Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey. That looks amazing on paper. Depending on how the rookies perform it's decently possible we would immediately have a better WR room than we had last year.

Yea I am fully in the trade back camp. I wanted to draft two WRs early this year but had resigned myself to the idea that 1 would be the max this year and the Diggs replacement would come next year. With that timeline pushed up, I think we have to get 2 early WRs this year and the only way to do that would be to add more day 2 picks. (Miscalculating that comp pick really keeps hurting more and more).

Once you get past the top 3, I think guys 4-9 I’d be about equally as happy with and then once you get outside the top 12 non-slot guys it feels like the exciting talent is gone. 

So getting two of this top 9 guys would be amazing and feel like 2 first round picks in my own mind. Though I think  the third we pull in the trade back packaged with our second would probably be enough to move up high enough to pull this off

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Yea I am fully in the trade back camp. I wanted to draft two WRs early this year but had resigned myself to the idea that 1 would be the max this year and the Diggs replacement would come next year. With that timeline pushed up, I think we have to get 2 early WRs this year and the only way to do that would be to add more day 2 picks. (Miscalculating that comp pick really keeps hurting more and more).

Once you get past the top 3, I think guys 4-9 I’d be about equally as happy with and then once you get outside the top 12 non-slot guys it feels like the exciting talent is gone. 

So getting two of this top 9 guys would be amazing and feel like 2 first round picks in my own mind. Though I think  the third we pull in the trade back packaged with our second would probably be enough to move up high enough to pull this off

Exactly where my head is at as well. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

But why does Washington want to come up? That is what I struggle with.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

My buddy who is a Washington fan wants them to trade up for a LT to protect their rookie QB. So if it happened, that would be my guess.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A LT to protect their new franchise QB. Unless I'm forgetting something they don't have a starting caliber LT on their roster. Plus they have another 2nd at #40 and two other 3rds (#67 & #78) so they have picks to burn. Getting a franchise LT on a 1st round rookie contract, and jumping KC in the process to make sure they get their guy, would be good motivation to trade #100 and move up IMO.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Either the Bills are trading up massive for who they consider an alpha or they are double dipping very early in this draft. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s at 28 and 60 back to back 

I think it needs to be #28 and a trade up from #60. Get me Legette and McConkey.