Bills to interview Thad Lewis for OC

A couple of years ago I thought Byron Leftwich had a promising looking career (maybe he still does) but he was fired a year ago and I haven't heard a word of him interviewing anywhere. I think he has been pestering Tomlin to give him a job in Pittsburgh.

6 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

No thanks.  We’re going the interview route because it’s required. There are  a lot more qualified candidates that I’d consider here ……

My guess Brady McD are a package.  Fine, produce next year. If not, & we get a wash rinse repeat it’ll be time to move on…..

"move on" as in move on from McDimwit, right?

Why can't we be proactive and not piss away another year of Josh's prime.

He only has about 3 left with his legs/run game at full strength.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tomlin won’t have gotten the Steelers job if he wasn’t given a chance. 

the rule certainly has its flaws but the nepotism/ buddy system in the bro hiring is out of control. You recycle the same garbage coaches/ front office people because they are related to them or friends with them. 

but who needs another Brad Holmes when you can hire the ex Chargers GM who just got fired?

Well said and smart post. 👍

12 hours ago, phypon said:

I also think it's disingenuous to minority candidates and a slap in the face to know you're only getting an interview based on the color of your skin.

Isn't it disingenuous to minority candidates and a slap in the face to assert he's only getting an interview based on the color of his skin?

Most OCs were position coaches before they got their chance. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

No thanks.  We’re going the interview route because it’s required. There are  a lot more qualified candidates that I’d consider here ……

My guess Brady McD are a package.  Fine, produce next year. If not, & we get a wash rinse repeat it’ll be time to move on…..

I really hope this is it . The thing is I don't trust McBeane to make the proper moves to get us over the hump. I wish we can fire them now! 

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is truth. Getting a foot in the door in the NFL is completely about who you know. That is how most guys who are not ex pros get a shot. 

That's true in the business world as well. I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked people put stock and give opportunities to those they know and trust

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Isn't it disingenuous to minority candidates and a slap in the face to assert he's only getting an interview based on the color of his skin?

Most OCs were position coaches before they got their chance. 

To assert?  Are you serious?  That's exactly what it is, lol. You can't be that naive.

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

He has a 0% chance of getting the job.  We are "doing him a solid" by giving him interview experience I guess.  I just hate the Rooney rule.  I think qualified candidates will find their ways to jobs by their resume, not because of the color of their skin.

It’s not like this is unique to the NFL.  I was in Mgmt for 10 years, and was pushed to interview minority candidates, but was never forced to hire diversity candidates.  If they impressed, I would hire the best person.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Unfortunately we all know why this is happening.

Maybe so. We had to endure his play on the field, lets not make him a Bill (even as a coach) again.

Maybe I missed this, but interesting that we have not been hearing about any requests to interview Brady for open OC positions.  Does this potentially mean that he is turning down requests or, less likely in my view, that he is not getting any traction?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.