The Belichick thread

Simon

1 hour ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Beane lucked out that the Bills acquired enough draft capital to move up to grab Allen very early in the draft as without doing so, we would have been in similar mediocrity.

Beane lucked out... all this time I assumed it was the draft capital he acquired by trading players during the 2017 season and offseason, including trading their starting LT, Cordy Glenn, to the Bengals, with moving up to acquire a QB in mind... and now I find out it was purely by accident. :doh:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's interesting that the only interest shown in Belichick has been Atlanta...yet they are still looking at other options.  Is Belichick demanding complete control like he had in NE?  If so, no thank you...especially if your team needs WR help.

• Like (+1) 1

I was just about to post a link about Bill breaking up with the Patriots because he was having an affair with Goodell. I guess video was submitted to the Boston Globe. It also has Tom Brady doing something weird. Article wouldn't specify. I guess it belongs in this thread now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

Yup, he's 71, a couple of years provided he want to still coach and bring in Vrabel to be the DC and understanding that Vrabel will ascend to HC when Bill retires. 

Win win IMO

I got herpes just reading this

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

Yup, he's 71, a couple of years provided he want to still coach and bring in Vrabel to be the DC and understanding that Vrabel will ascend to HC when Bill retires. 

Win win IMO

If I got Bill as HC and Vrabel as my DC, sign me up. I just don't see Vrabel settling for a coordinator job. Still prefer Ben Johnson as HC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm gonna go against the grain here....I think he's too old and spent. I don't want him anywhere near OBD.

Plus, for God's sake, this man was the face of our mortal enemy for decades!

I'd take Vrabel or Harbaugh in a heartbeat, because like so many others in here, I think McD has done all that he can do, and he's never going to get us to the SB.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I'm gonna go against the grain here....I think he's too old and spent. I don't want him anywhere near OBD.

Plus, for God's sake, this man was the face of our mortal enemy for decades!

I'd take Vrabel or Harbaugh in a heartbeat, because like so many others in here, I think McD has done all that he can do, and he's never going to get us to the SB.

The "mortal enemy" thing is actually a plus for me.

Pats fans would go out of their minds to see us win a title w/ him.

• Haha (+1) 1

I truly hope no-one hires him. 

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I got herpes just reading this

Remember kids, don’t put your lips on it…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was at Super Bowl 25 against the Giants. Bill was the primary reason we lost. He created a defense just for that game and knew that Kelly would not be patient or smart enough to take what they gave us.

It would be interesting if he were to coach us to a Super Bowl after preventing us from winning when we should have all those years ago.

The guy is a great coach and was able to beat McD with a terrible QB. If I were Bill B, the Bills job (if it became available) would be the most attractive in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5

Things got weird when he had Matt Patricia coaching offense and his OC coaching defense in 2022. That felt like he was experimenting in real time for no apparent benefit to the team. Was there ever an explanation for that? Maybe he finally outsmarted himself. 

It would be strangely abrupt for his career to end this way. I don't think he has the leverage to go in to a new team and negotiate control over personnel given his abysmal track record in the draft. I can more easily see him in Washington than Atlanta. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills head into every playoff game at a coaching disadvantage.  Not to say they can’t overcome it with talent, but so far they haven’t.

There is no salary cap on coaches.

I would 100% be in favor of this if there were sufficient checks on the scouting side (he sucks at it).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's interesting that apparently Harbaugh to Chargers is a done deal, as I think that would have been the most desirable stop for Bill among teams looking for a coach this year.

Opening the door that much more for us to sign him up.

Pegula can give him a "birthday present" of whatever 60 foot fishing boat he wants, and a slip in Erie Basin Marina.

Oh, and double whatever New England paid him.  

Don't give him General Manager powers, however.  I do NOT think BB would argue that at this stage of his career.

He's getting older, but that guy as our HC is the stuff of dreams.

If it goes south after 2 years, we will be NO FURTHER BEHIND than where we are going to be with McDermott, anyway.

Perfect post!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I wonder if Belichick joins the bills as DC just to stick it to the Patriots? Sounds like a Bill move

McDermott would never go for it. Could you imagine Sean's mood if Bill was his DC. Bill is a much better HC and DC than Sean. I could easily see the players tuning McDermott out and listening to Bill. Why wouldn't they. Look at the success that both have had as HC and DC. Sean would not be happy. It would be like a Mike Ditka/Buddy Ryan situation when the Bears defensive players carried Buddy off the field after winning the Super Bowl in 85.

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't give him General Manager powers, however.  I do NOT think BB would argue that at this stage of his career.

I mean allegedly he is asking for the power of veto in Atlanta. So while he doesn't necessarily "need" to be GM, he is going to want the final say and I don't think he is taking a job without that. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean allegedly he is asking for the power of veto in Atlanta. So while he doesn't necessarily "need" to be GM, he is going to want the final say and I don't think he is taking a job without that. 

He's one of the 2-3 greatest coaches I've ever seen, but if anybody gives him what he is asking for I think they are doing both him and themselves a disservice.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.