How do you explain Diggs invisibility act

Coldfronts

He’s an excellent number two receiver with an intolerable number one receiver attitude.  Who’d rely on him to excel in a super bowl?  Dante’s undiscovered Tenth Circle - those whose self admiration and compulsion to talk exceeds their ability to produce or provide insight.   Last thought.  He’s often defended, and his childish behavior excused, because he runs around and yells on the sideline.   What a competitor!   Being a competitor requires more than sullen days and weeks interrupted by occasional bursts of anger.   No one even looks at him during his fits.  Sayonara, Steffon.   I hear you believe  “you’re him.”  Hope that works out for you.

As to the question posed.  He’s slower and less shifty than he used to be and he drops footballs more often than he used to.

• Agree 1

I'm more disappointed that Diggs is playing in the Pro Bowl than anything else. I was hoping that an injury he was playing through was the cause of his drop in production. The Bills and Diggs are in a tough spot because his production doesn't warrant his contract, and he doesn't believe that we have a coach capable of winning a Super Bowl. Unfortunately, they are stuck with each other for at least the next two years.

• Like (+1) 1

Joe Brady will get to have the entire off season to design plays for this offense, this past season he didn’t have “his” plays for this offense to execute under his vision and they still executed pretty well.

Joe will need to figure out a way to get Diggs in positions to win.

Diggs will go into the season as WR #1.

Diggs will need to perform like a #1 WR this next season specially when it matters or he will most likely be cut before the 2025 season.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

LOL at "never".

In 2020 when Diggs first came to Buffalo and was leading the league in targets, receptions, and yards while rocking a catch % of 76.5%, teams were plenty scared of him.

Not viewing a guy who is leading the league in receptions as a threat, Sure guy.

He catches the ball, but at no time has anyone been scared of Diggs.  He’s not a game breaker in anyway, NEVER has been.  He’s been a PITA to cover in short areas, but nobody was worried about him “taking over” a game.   The entire defense has to be aware of where a guy like Hill is at all times because on mistake and it’s going to the house, even if you don’t make a mistake, he may just flat out burn you.  Diggs might get a first down, but that’s the end of the threat.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Absolutely perfect word to describe Stef. The constant interchanging moods, attitude and even his passion is never constant. I don't know how Josh, his teammates and the coaches deal with it without going crazy.

This is exactly why Diggs came from a team where the rumor was he was a bad teammate.  He got to Buffalo and for the first couple of years I think we all thought that those rumors were just that... rumors.  I think the last 2 years have changed a lot of Bills fan's minds.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, Toyo321 said:

We need to send him to Dallas to play with his brother, and we get CD in a trade.  I actually want new #1 and #2 receivers.

We need youth and speed and we don't have that at all with #1, #2 or #3

Trade his butt to Carolina.  Screw him

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

He catches the ball, but at no time has anyone been scared of Diggs.  He’s not a game breaker in anyway, NEVER has been.  He’s been a PITA to cover in short areas, but nobody was worried about him “taking over” a game.   The entire defense has to be aware of where a guy like Hill is at all times because on mistake and it’s going to the house, even if you don’t make a mistake, he may just flat out burn you.  Diggs might get a first down, but that’s the end of the threat.

Tyreek Hill has blazing speed.  So what's your argument now, that defenses only fear 1 or 2 WR in the league who can "burn them" on one mistake?

That's a silly argument.  When a receiver is turning in 8-10 reception, >100 yd games you can safely bet that opposing DCs are scared of him and are striving to shut him down.  If they don't, you'll see debacles like our first game with Miami where defensive Savant Vic Fangio left Kader Kohou on an island to cover Diggs, and Diggs toasted the Dolphins for 120 yds and 3 TD. 

Again, I'm not trying to argue that Diggs has scared defenses every game (no receiver does, including Hill), and Diggs has had long silent stretches the last 2 seasons.

But to say he has "never" scared defenses or taken over a game flies in the face of actual documented facts.

The Bills didn't offer him a big contract extension because he "never" scared defenses.

14 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

His nephew's got his back 😆

I actually like Sauce better for how he behaved towards the kid.  He was 100% cool.   Well played Gardner!

Pity, I'd prefer to dislike him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Correct. The only player on the Bills offense that terrifies defensive coordinators is Allen. 

I’m leaning towards Diggs is an elite technician who may have been banged up a bit and also lost a “slight” step.

Is he a 2 now?  I don’t know.. probably a 1B if we get a 1A in the Draft, but it seems obvious after last year that he’s not a guy you can make the focal point of your offense… which means he’s not an elite WR1. 

• Agree 1

I don’t think we need his experience. I’m ready to move forward with a young cheaper WR core. Maybe a young veteran like Curtis Samuel added.

I don’t think Josh needs Diggs anymore.

Kincaid

Samuel

Shakir

Rookie 1st rounder

Rookie 2nd/3rd rounder

Knox

Cook

Shorter

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was sure he was injured

But there hasn’t been anything come about it after the season

He got over that injury quick then if he is participating in the pro bowl. He just didn't play good football. 

Who knows what Diggs is communicating to his agent and the Bills front office about his future with the Bills, but he is putting the Bills in a bind because I doubt the Bills will want to do a simple contract restructuring providing cap savings for the current year under current circumstances.  If there is a break-up between the Bills and Diggs, it seems the only real option would be a post-June 1st release designation, which would provide significant cap savings for the Bills.  Not sure a trade would work unless it happened after June 1st.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think we need his experience. I’m ready to move forward with a young cheaper WR core. Maybe a young veteran like Curtis Samuel added.

I don’t think Josh needs Diggs anymore.

Kincaid

Samuel

Shakir

Rookie 1st rounder

Rookie 2nd/3rd rounder

Knox

Cook

Shorter

Do you think we are going to sign a guy like Curtis Samuel, and spend a first-round AND a day 2 pick on WR? What about the dozen or so pass rushers? 

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Don’t agree with the comparison.  Every team game plans to shut down Diggs.  Sometimes they do because no one else scares them.  Agree that Hill can take it to the house often, but our guy is easier to scheme double team, double zone, because no one else scares them.  Shakir was getting a lot of those targets because of the D shift to Diggs.  Must get a WR in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1