Beane & McDermott end of season press conferences

Process

2 minutes ago, Process said:

That's how they usually do it I believe. Beane is probably next. 

Since Sean is talking now I'm guessing Beane isn't announcing McD being let go.  Sorry, guys, but it's really unreal to keep this guy given the availability of better coaches right now, especially with a mini rebuild coming.  This is really horrible.  To me, keeping him is worse than losing on Sunday...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

• Process changed the title to Beane & McDermott end of season press conferences

there are some that will work out and some that wont the names oyu mentioend among others the draft contributes to others , dalton and cybo, wer were talking about our offense to see those young players have contributions ---distracted... -- to see a rookei make those special plays unday and i'm excited to see him and josh and what they can become.

typing out all mcdemottts words

a lot more over in this thread: 

I watched Josh last night.

(Edit 2: I am referring to the End of Season presser Josh held yesterday.

I did not see the end of game presser because I was crushed, as usual. 
    The OP started a thread about EOS pressers. )

This is going to come out wrong and be taken to mean what I’m not intending but:

He seemed too chill about losing. He said the right things. He gave the right answers. He wasn’t happy but he seemed resigned to it. Like a beaten person.

Remember the anger on here for Mahomes’ act after the first loss. It KILLED him to lose against Josh/Bills in the end of a close game. He wasn’t supposed to lose!  Mahomes and Kelcie and Reid were NOT losing this game. 

I think Josh is at the point of, What else can I do. Record breaking performances and they still beat us.

Edit: End of season presser 

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rKGcqqMvvawzxE8v/?mibextid=WC7FNe

I can’t stomach to watch McDermott word drool into a mic. A pox on him and his process.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 9
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 4

overall new faces, guys hung together, overall you're looking at did we have enough production and at times we did others we didn't but it's not just catching the ball, its block and playings special teams. overall they did good things

whats your hope in year 3 out of a 1st round pick? elam...

you saw the play the other night, he makes a special play and he has flashed but we gotta get a better feel, can he do on a more consistent basis, this year, he needs to ocntinue to up improve.

3 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

Sounds like Micah Hyde isn't going to be returning. I don't remember the exact quote, but he said something like "before the game when they announced the players out of the tunnel that it might be the last time Hydes name called at home."

I think he retires.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is going to come out wrong and be taken to mean what I’m not intending but:

He seemed too chill about losing. He said the right things. He gave the right answers. He wasn’t happy but he seemed resigned to it. Like a beaten person.

Remember the anger on here for Mahomes’ act after the first loss. It KILLED him to lose against Josh/Bills in the end of a close game. He wasn’t supposed to lose!  Mahomes and Kelcie and Reid were NOT losing this game. 

I think Josh is at the point of, What else can I do. Record breaking performances and they still beat us.

I can’t stomach to watch McDermott word drool into a mic. A pox on him and his process.

Then you didn't watch Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

not into each person indiviualy... we want as many FA's back as we can. only so much in hte bank, i touhgt AJ along with others of our DL had one of their better years. it goes back to development, it goes mindset, pressuring, blitzing,1on1s, when you do that. coach washington and coachwest did a really good job commitment of that room. i saw renewed commitment with that came more of a process prep point.

I don't like this guy.  I don't think he's a good dude.  Was it last year or the year before when he barked at a question about injuries and said something to the effect of "I have faith in every player on this team!!".  This year, "we weren't as healthy as I would have liked to be".  Which is it dude?  F this guy.  The best word to describe him is "inconsistent". Full of excuses and passes blame onto others.  He even said Josh is maturing and he's getting there.  Really?  How about keep that one to yourself, just sounds like more blame and excuses.  I can see why so many people are fed up with him. 

Edited by phypon
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 5

I’m going to watch later but man I threw up in my mouth just hearing he’s having an end of year presser. I want him to leave so bad and just having to hear him talk about changes being made that aren’t him leaving is going to enrage me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

And THIS is why I dont care that Diggs skipped talking to the press.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

(not trying to call you out specifically, @Buffalo Boy, it just fit)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And THIS is why I dont care that Diggs skipped talking to the press.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

(not trying to call you out specifically, @Buffalo Boy, it just fit)

I'm gonna come to your work and then start asking you questions about how you felt you did...

It's so funny how people just think these guys are machines or personalities that want to be a character. They're athletes of sportsball. They want to play sportsball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It's called emotional maturity.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

I'm gonna come to your work and then start asking you questions about how you felt you did...

It's so funny how people just think these guys are machines or personalities that want to be a character. They're athletes of sportsball. They want to play sportsball. 

Talking to the press is not a part of most people's job. Being a nfl player it is plain and simple. Don't have a problem with what josh said but I do have a problem with Diggs not talking. Shows lack of character and lack of accountability on his drop

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Agreed 100%

Additionally, has any player ever said anything groundbreaking/shocking/revealing in any of these pressers across the history of sports?

Isnt it all the same copy&paste sound bites to feed the league's marketing arm of "Sports Journalism" and give the reporters a quote to pad their article?

So many of our players DID speak with the press after the game. Does anyone care? Are we talking about any of it besides Josh here?

Anyone really care what Sherfield or Dawkins or Rousseau had to say after the loss?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

Beane doesn't understand that his defense is awful and they no show every year against the Chiefs.

Ok, except they were great against the Chiefs in the regular season.  

Then in the playoffs they were without starters Milano, White, Benford, and Benard and three other starters, Douglas, Johnson and Dodson were all playing hurt.  Could those injuries have contributed to the bad performance?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I had a thread during the win streak about Josh and the Bills maintaining a "refuse to lose" mentality.  It was great to see.  But they went up against the ultimate refuse to lose tandem in Mahomes/Andy Reid.  It sucks, but they are the standard until they're not.  We are so close though.

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Process said:

There is nothing to do, but pick up the pieces and try to move on. Make the proper moves in the off season and hope the injury bug doesn’t bite us. Obviously I am still devastated, but what else can you do? We should all be used to it by now. I just feel bad for the older fans who have had to endure heart break after heart breaker for decades. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, boyst said:

overall new faces, guys hung together, overall you're looking at did we have enough production and at times we did others we didn't but it's not just catching the ball, its block and playings special teams. overall they did good things

new faces this season?  Heh.  Just wait until Opening Day 2024.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Ok, except they were great against the Chiefs in the regular season.  

Then in the playoffs they were without starters Milano, White, Benford, and Benard and three other starters, Douglas, Johnson and Dodson were all playing hurt.  Could those injuries have contributed to the bad performance?  

What about when we had the #1 ranked defense a couple years ago and Mahomes raked this defense over the coals that game?  Remember that game, playoff game that mattered, 13 seconds if you will?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

People are real quick to just impulsively say he doesn't have it anymore, but there were clear signs down the stretch he was dealing with injury while still being the guy teams clamped down on and just beat the ***** out of when they hit him. First half of the season he was ridiculous and it was getting to the point where we thought Dorsey had a serious problem of only drawing up plays for him. I don't know why wouldn't think he couldn't get healthy and still be a serious threat especially with a better OC and if they actually address WR this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Just like he “firmly believed” that Gabe Davis was a #2 

Exactly.  They're in damage control mode and laughing all the way to the bank with their salaries and doing their best to convince fans to take more of their money.  This is total bs.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, noacls said:

Talking to the press is not a part of most people's job. Being a nfl player it is plain and simple. Don't have a problem with what josh said but I do have a problem with Diggs not talking. Shows lack of character and lack of accountability on his drop

I am not even going to address this with detail but if you've ever been interviewed by the press, especially on camera live it is extremely difficult. With emotions etc. it is even more difficult. Have a shred of empathy. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It's called emotional maturity.  

Completely valid point. 
   And I don’t disagree. He is the prototypical QB from a PR perspective.  He always answers correctly and never throws anyone under the bus. Another of his superpowers.

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Then you saw what you wanted to see

There is a massive difference at being mad a person like Mahomes was with the ref vs being devastated from something like a painful loss.  You seem to think anger is the only way to handle emotional pain or hurt.  

I don't know how anyone can watch the game vs KC and the press conferences and see just how much this means to Josh.  I honestly don't know what you thought you saw or expected to see, but everyone else saw a guy who was taking the loss hard who wanted it bad on the field.  Then faced the press and had to field ridiculous questions about it right after while still processing the disappointment of what just happened.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Whether Diggs still is a #1 WR is not the question.  

Josh Allen deserves to show what he can do with a big "go up and get it" WR.  He has never had one of those in Buffalo.

It needs to be priority #1 in this fan's wish list.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.