Bass manned up and spoke to the media. Diggs dissapeared during playoffs, then ducked the media

Pete

Sounds like OP might be a drama queen. There is nothing to say. He dropped the ball. Would have liked to catch it. Literally nothing left to say. The constant wanting commentary from the players on losing is nothing but dramatic. But sure call Diggs the drama queen.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Sounds like OP might be a drama queen. There is nothing to say. He dropped the ball. Would have liked to catch it. Literally nothing left to say. The constant wanting commentary from the players on losing is nothing but dramatic. But sure call Diggs the drama queen.

Interacting with the press is actually a requirement for NFL players - remember "I'm just here so I don't get fined?"

It is literally part of a player's job to deal with the press.  They don't have to do it all the time or any time, but it's literally part of the job Diggs gets paid an average annual salary of $24M to do.

I can write the same about Bass - "There is nothing to say.  The kick went wide right.  Would have liked to make the kick."

Or Josh - "There is nothing to say.  The pass to Shakir was short.  Would have liked to make the pass."

They're leaders on the team, they know it's part of the job and expected, they Cowboyed up and talked to the press as their job requires.

• Agree 2

He has disappeared in the last 3 elimination games for the Bills.

In those games he has 10 catches on 24 targets for 63 yards and 0 TDs. Those are atrocious. RBs typically average more YPC than that'll even.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs called out Josh, yelling at him on sidelines and TV cameras.  Yet some feel a Bills fan cannot have an opinion on Diggs, even if it's valid.  Its fine to bash Dawson(playing with a broken wrist) or Elam(playing with foot issue) or whomever the boards punching bag may be.   But I see a pattern of Diggs doing jack ***** playoff time,  and few say anything.  It's the emperors new clothes.  Yelling at Josh is horseshit, and unbecoming of a captain. Diggs wants accountability of his teammates, but he needs to shut up and look in the mirror

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The defense is why we lost that game.  Atrocious and embarrassing performance by them.

Didn’t Evans cause an INT in the first quarter of their game against Detroit?

The Bills had 3 possessions at the end of the game that we could of taken the lead.  The D had 2 stops in a row, then Poyer's spectacular play got us the ball back a third time. 

The last 3 drives of the game- 3 defensive stops by Bills D.  3 stops with the game on the line.

Offense 0-3 on the last drives.  They couldn't even kick a FG.

But keep saying its the defense's fault.  They balled out with 3rd and 4th stringers, and outperformed our offense when the game was on the line

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The Bills had 3 possessions at the end of the game that we could of taken the lead.  The D had 2 stops in a row, then Poyer's spectacular play got us the ball back a third time. False, there were only 2 stops, not 2 stops AND the fumble/touchback.

The last 3 drives of the game- 3 defensive stops by Bills D.  3 stops with the game on the line. LOL, the defense did not have 3 defensive stops in a row.  Even after the missed FG, the Bills could have gotten the ball back with about 1:00 left, had the defense forced a 3 and out (again, slim to no chance of that happening, but a possibility).  But Pacheco ran the ball down their throats, as he had all game.  There were two stops - the Poyer forced fumble and the KC punt on the ensuing possession.  Only 1 punt forced all game long.

Offense 0-3 on the last drives.  They couldn't even kick a FG.  Last I checked, the offense doesn't kick FGs....ST do.  Do you think that the defense would have held KC if Bass had made the FG?

But keep saying its the defense's fault.  They balled out with 3rd and 4th stringers, and outperformed our offense when the game was on the line.  The DL was completely healthy.  Which "3rd and 4th stringers" were playing at safety and CB?  Backups are paid to play and perform....look at the Bengals' backups on the OL in the Divisional Round last season - they dominated the Bills' DL.  How many QB pressures/hits were caused by the defense against KC?  Batted passes?  

Aside from not addressing the INT caused by Mike Evans, the WR you championed in your post to which I responded (hint: you may want to look at Evans' drop rate), I'll address the blatant falsehoods in your post.

KC averaged 8.5 yards per play against the Bills and 6.08 yards per carry.  Is that good? Do you think that they had a higher yards per play or yards per carry against any other opponent this season?  Mahomes completed 73.9% of this passes...little to no resistance from the defense all game long, whether on the ground or through the air.

The Bills defense forced FIVE 3rd down plays by KC.  Only once in the past 25 years had an NFL team run fewer than five 3rd down plays in a game.  Is that good?

It was pretty obvious to most that the Bills game plan on offense was to grind out methodical drives, in an effort to keep the defense off of the field.  It became pretty clear that the offense would have to score every drive if the Bills were going to win the game, as the defense was going to provide little to no help.  Even McDermott acknowledged in his post-game press conference that the defense & ST needed to play better.

You guys don’t get it!!! Diggs is the only player on the team who cares!!! That’s why he can throw temper tantrums after the Bengals game and cry all off season. And you can’t call him out about it because then he will sulk. 

this is the reason he is on the bills in the first place. Fans tried to make excuses but dude is a bit of a headache. Great player who doesn’t get in real trouble. But man, he wants to be all about him and when he screws up, he has zero accountability. 

Diggs’ value >>>>>>>>>> Bass’ value 

bass as a stand up guy >>>>>>> Diggs

i can’t wait to get some young, hungry receivers for Allen to work with. So sick of the diva WRs. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

he had an appointment...

image.png.27cafb96af1e10fd16c2b7e6dfbc89c7.png

Worst fashion style in all of sports as well. Dude is so desperate for attention. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Aside from not addressing the INT caused by Mike Evans, the WR you championed in your post to which I responded (hint: you may want to look at Evans' drop rate), I'll address the blatant falsehoods in your post.

KC averaged 8.5 yards per play against the Bills and 6.08 yards per carry.  Is that good? Do you think that they had a higher yards per play or yards per carry against any other opponent this season?  Mahomes completed 73.9% of this passes...little to no resistance from the defense all game long, whether on the ground or through the air.

The Bills defense forced FIVE 3rd down plays by KC.  Only once in the past 25 years had an NFL team run fewer than five 3rd down plays in a game.  Is that good?

It was pretty obvious to most that the Bills game plan on offense was to grind out methodical drives, in an effort to keep the defense off of the field.  It became pretty clear that the offense would have to score every drive if the Bills were going to win the game, as the defense was going to provide little to no help.  Even McDermott acknowledged in his post-game press conference that the defense & ST needed to play better.

that is all fine and dandy.  The FACT is the Bills D had 3 stops on KC's last 3 drives of the game, when the game mattered.

The offense 0-3.

The D gave the Bills a chance to win or tie the game 3 times, and the offense failed.

The loss is on the offense. 

Edited by Pete
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:14 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

What’s cowardly and pathetic is running to a message board to talk trash about another person that you don’t know and are clearly wrong about. 

LMAO Mr Pot, says Mr Kettle

Mentioned this before, but there’s something to be said about owning up and taking hard questions from the media after a game like this—say what you will about our QB mistake of Peterman, but go back and check the tape—he never once ducked out after a miserable game. He was on that podium every time anyone wanted to talk to him or not. Always respected that part about him. Diggs just has to make everything more difficult than it needs to be, as now we are all here speculating about his off-season mindset and will he or won’t he turn prima donna on us…

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:23 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you think you can treat people differently because of their job?  Do you treat people differently because of their religion or race? 

This is such a horrible take. If you’ve ever in your life complained about a politician, then you’re a hypocrite with a statement like that. 

jobs are totally different particularly when your paid to be in the limelight and take advantage of your platform to push your narrative.  Diggs signed up for this gig and has taken total advantage of it when it benefits him. 

he needed to speak to the people that ultimately pay his (and all celebrities) bloated salaries.  It’s part of his job. He didn’t do his job on or off the field last game. 

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:12 AM, boyst said:

Why do so many people not care about Diggs? Disrespect him? Think so poorly of him?

Because you need to man the pphhuucckk up when you're a leader AND let your team down.

DUHHHHHH!

On 1/24/2024 at 6:41 AM, Pete said:

But keep saying its the defense's fault.  They balled out with 3rd and 4th stringers, and outperformed our offense when the game was on the line

This is absophuckinglutely correct. Bills 1st and 10. At the +27 with 2:43 remaining 4Q.  ZERO points. INEXCUSABLE.

Edited by theRalph

2 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Because you need to man the pphhuucckk up when you're a leader AND let your team down.

DUHHHHHH!

let's unpack this here for ya, buddy.

I'd do a full fishbone or something to help but i am just not gonna do all that root cause analysis.

premise: Diggs dropped pass and he let his team down

1) why should Diggs go to the media? they're not his teammates, Diggs owes the media nothing. especially our idiot Buffalo media

2) this is between Diggs and the rest of the rostered NFL football team on the Buffalo Bills. Not the hangeroners of bills fans who have nothing to do with their lives now that the season is over

3) the team elected him a leader and this behavior of his is not new. we cannot imagine that this is a surprise to anyone who knows him. he will be a captain next year.

4) DUHHHHHHH!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

premise: Diggs dropped pass and he let his team down

Diggs dropped a pass and let a scarred, neurotic and heartbroken fanbase down. A fanbase that is nationally recognized as the poster child for getting their hearts ripped out with a dull spoon. Then he scoots before even owning it with a single word. Are you familiar with the term "context"?

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You guys don’t get it!!! Diggs is the only player on the team who cares!!! That’s why he can throw temper tantrums after the Bengals game and cry all off season. And you can’t call him out about it because then he will sulk. 

this is the reason he is on the bills in the first place. Fans tried to make excuses but dude is a bit of a headache. Great player who doesn’t get in real trouble. But man, he wants to be all about him and when he screws up, he has zero accountability. 

Diggs’ value >>>>>>>>>> Bass’ value 

bass as a stand up guy >>>>>>> Diggs

i can’t wait to get some young, hungry receivers for Allen to work with. So sick of the diva WRs. 

Worst fashion style in all of sports as well. Dude is so desperate for attention. 

remember when these two both showed up dressed as duds?

image.png.af79e974ddab8223a584e2bb8f6768b8.png

15 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Diggs dropped a pass and let a scarred, neurotic and heartbroken fanbase down. A fanbase that is nationally recognized as the poster child for getting their hearts ripped out with a dull spoon. Then he scoots before even owning it with a single word. Are you familiar with the term "context"?

Who's to say he didn't offer words to his teammates? The media wouldn't report it if he did. The buffalo media is dog *****.

And in the heat of the moment I'd not expect him to have many words. I cannot imagine him not knowing the significance of that drop. Based off of nothing I presume he values his team more than he does the fan base so i don't think he cares about giving the media anything for the fans.

Hell, even Maddy Glab treats him poorly. 

• Agree 2

On 1/23/2024 at 7:07 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:05 AM, Pete said:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/sports/stefon-diggs-declines-to-talk-to-media-after-huge-drop-in-bills-loss/                

Stefon Diggs let the game go through his hands.

And he then entered the offseason without saying a word.

Diggs, the Bills’ mercurial receiver, declined to talk to reporters after his big drop doomed Buffalo in their 27-24 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, according to NFL Network.

Do not forget, the Bills tried to get Diggs going on first play on offense.  What did Diggs do?  He fumbled the first play of the game.

Diggs and Sherfield are the biggest reasons we lost IMO

Mike Evans had 12 catches for 147 yards and a TD.  That is what a real #1 WR does in the playoffs.

Diggs is no #1.  He is not even a #2 IMO.

Bills and Josh need legitimate WR 1 and 2 this offseason!

I agree with most of what you said but this isn’t the guy. He drops A LOT of balls the same way Diggs did. Great he gets force fed the ball in an offense that has more dynamic weapons than we have but they also lost the same week of the playoffs after their QB played a helluva game. Don’t buy into to the stats in this one. Let Mike Evans get paid by some other team and let’s get our guys in this loaded WR draft class. Bucs will also be just fine or even better with Godwin, Palmer and whomever they draft this year. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:12 AM, boyst said:

Why do so many people not care about Diggs? Disrespect him? Think so poorly of him?

Go to a game. He is on the field warming up with as much passion as anyone. He talks to the crowd, he makes the game special for many people - especially children. The dude wears his heart on his sleeve for each game and remains a higher end talent at WR.

It's weird - especially because he is the only WR we have going into next season.

Well, I can’t answer for everybody, but for me it’s because he’s a self impressed turd of a teammate who can no longer be cloaked by performance.   He’s over priced, too, but that’s not his fault.

I don't care if he talks to the media. But his play has been mediocre, if not bad, for too long. I don't know why. He used to be so dominant. He hurt the team for sure. Josh couldn't depend on him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't care if he talks to the media. But his play has been mediocre, if not bad, for too long. I don't know why. He used to be so dominant. He hurt the team for sure. Josh couldn't depend on him.

Have to hope there was an injury hampering his play, but regardless, it's time to seriously upgrade the wr room.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Neo said:

Well, I can’t answer for everybody, but for me it’s because he’s a self impressed turd of a teammate who can no longer be cloaked by performance.   He’s over priced, too, but that’s not his fault.

His teammates seem to love him. 

9 hours ago, boyst said:

His teammates seem to love him. 

I have thought about this.  I’ve considered the same with Aaron Rodgers.   Do they love him, or is it just easier to say you do if you’re one of them?   I’m not in that locker room and don’t know.  Your point is valid.

Irony … I’m lounging before church, sipping a coffee, interwebbing, and wearing a Diggs tee shirt given to me as a Christmas gift last year., 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t understand the need for Diggs to speak to the media after a bad day at the office.  It’s his choice.  I don’t need to hear him apologize for a fumble or a dropped pass.  He’s also won us a lot of games.

Yet Josh puts himself forward to be scrutinised for very missed pass, fumble and interception. Bass presented himself despite missing that kick. Sometimes people have to front up.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

I have thought about this.  I’ve considered the same with Aaron Rodgers.   Do they love him, or is it just easier to say you do if you’re one of them?   I’m not in that locker room and don’t know.  Your point is valid.

Irony … I’m lounging before church, sipping a coffee, interwebbing, and wearing a Diggs tee shirt given to me as a Christmas gift last year., 

Flip the thought to Beasley. Every teammate loved him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.