Matt Milano…

bills6969

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If we had a good / legit #2 WR on this team, and Diggs actually show up, lack of D players wouldn't have made a difference, we win by 17.

Hell, if the defensive scheme was good enough we win.

We don't have any of that.

The scheme worked well enough to get them 6 wins in a row with the starters playing & if the "All Pro LB" Millano & the "All Pro CB" Tre Da, & the All Pro DE" Von were completely healthy in the same scheme you don't think the game might have ended a little bit different ?? 

If Diggs catches a couple of other balls that he dropped because he's scared to take a hit & if Cook doesn't drop that ball different game has nothing to do with the scheme McD used bubble gum & tape to hold the unit together & did a pretty dam good job with what he had available even last night considering .

Go into a game with only 4 LB's healthy and 2 get dinged during the game Phillips wasn't healthy either plus how many others were dinged that we don't know about ? 

It's just much easier to blame something else than it is to look at what really was wrong for most of the year & we should all be pretty happy that we made it to the play offs at all given everything that happened this season . 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Boy did we miss him last night.  When we lost him earlier this year,  I knew our Super Bowl hopes were pretty much in flames. Every team has injuries, but imo he’s our most important player on D.  Bernard did a commendable job filling in,  but no one could replace Milano’s value to this team. He’s so good on run D, can rush the QB when needed and can cover talented TEs like Kelce.  If we had him last night, I’m certain we win that game.

I hope he has a full, healthy offseason to get back into form and look forward to him being our field general on D next year.

I wholeheartedly believe Milano would’ve been that difference in a very very close game. He’s just as important as TJ Watt is to Pittsburgh. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Milano and Bernard.  Once the shining stars of the defense this season- Injured in the playoffs.  😢 

lots of luck involved in winning a SB ladies and gents.  

Also Benford was a big loss, Rapp was pretty significant too

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Success said:

We missed Bernard, too.

Both of those guys were just leaders on the field.  And playmakers.

No one on D made an impact play yesterday.  I don't really count the goal-line fumble; that was kind of flukey.  No one had a sack or big play.

Bills didn't impact the game at all on D. Zero acks, one fluky turnover. 

Lotta' fans sitting behind the Bills bench disillusioned about the whole Milano injury situation.

He was leaping up and down onto the bench and jumping up and down on top of it imploring the crowd to make noise.

While we understand that playing football is different than those kind of gymnastics his continued absence despite seemingly healthy appearance for the past month has raised some eyebrows.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I have no doubt that Milano in the lineup would have made a big difference.  I give Klein a lot of kudos for coming in cold like he did and playing well against Pittsburgh, but he was so obviously slow last night.  So many of the Chiefs' big plays showed Klein hopelessly chasing the receiver or ball carrier from behind.

The Chiefs knew they had a mismatch and took full advantage of it.  Kelce is a first ballot Hall of Fame player and he's good against all opponents, but a healthy Matt Milano is about as good a counter-weapon as you can have.  Milano would have limited some of Kelce's effectiveness (as well as other Chiefs offensive players).

That said, he's been out for most of the season, so the Bills needed to adjust and compensate and weren't able to do quite enough.

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Boy did we miss him last night.  When we lost him earlier this year,  I knew our Super Bowl hopes were pretty much in flames. Every team has injuries, but imo he’s our most important player on D.  Bernard did a commendable job filling in,  but no one could replace Milano’s value to this team. He’s so good on run D, can rush the QB when needed and can cover talented TEs like Kelce.  If we had him last night, I’m certain we win that game.

I hope he has a full, healthy offseason to get back into form and look forward to him being our field general on D next year.

I don't disagree, but Milano also gave up a TD to Kelce in the end zone in the 13 seconds game and was beat handily.

And I love Milano's game.

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bills weren’t just missing Milano then - they were missing his replacement too.

We freakin had a guy who was getting his RV ready for a trip to the Florida Keys covering Travis Kelce in the playoffs. I know he knows the system but those plays killed us. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If we had a good / legit #2 WR on this team, and Diggs actually show up, lack of D players wouldn't have made a difference, we win by 17.

Hell, if the defensive scheme was good enough we win.

We don't have any of that.

Its because we have a bad case of McD pretending to coach once again.. He has been terrible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Yeah as made evident last night right?

You can mask his absence against average to below average teams and QBs.  You can't cover up what is lacking without him against great teams and great QBs in the Playoffs.

The Bills were effectively playing their game 3 preseason squad on defense against the defending champions. 
Milano, Bernard, Benford, and a healthy Rapp and Douglas could have made a significant difference. Add to that Gabe. Yes, he could have made a difference. Better than Sherfield anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2

It was clear that Klein was two weeks

removed from his couch last night.  Watching him made it feel like I was out there playing.  Credit to Klein for even trying to help this team.  That said, an all pro like Milano in there or even Bernard out there is a huge upgrade over needing to rely on Klein.  

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone else wonder what would have happened had the Bills put Elam singled on Kelce all night, just like a spy on the QB?. We've been told Elam is best in man-to-man coverage.

Klein is the worst option to cover Kelce .

Neal, Elam or whoever can cover well Kelce. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.