Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

You can blame Bass but everybody knows that even if he made that kick the bills are either losing on the Chiefs last drive or losing in overtime. If they were going to win it would have had to have been by running the clock down and making the Chiefs use their timeouts

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

I gotta say it...call Belichick or Harbaugh tomorrow. 

Is this loss on McD? No. But you know what? Something big has to change. 

Yeah, we probably get our butt kicked in Baltimore next week. So what. This was an enormous game where too many people came up small.

BTW, Diggs time as a #1 receiver on this team needs to be questioned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, boyst said:

We would have won if we had Davis. 

Maybe. We also would have won it if two of our wide receivers that were out there would have made catches they were supposed to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Why the F did we play the game with hurt punter?   Seriously?  And was Bass hurt too?  He's been awful lately, if we played with both kickers hurt WTF.

And if Defense is our coaches specialty he needs to retire.  Pitiful.  Yes, injuries.  But we barely stopped the Chiefs once.  Barely.  This game was an embarrassment in every standpoint except offense.  We cannot waste Josh Allen who is special as they come. Fire Mcd.  As fast as possible.  He'll never get us a superbowl unless Beane somehow amasses the best roster that has ever existed.

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

I just don't undertand why Allen is trying to throw into the endzone with 2 minutes left. That doesn't win you the game. You take the short pass for a FD to Diggs and you work the Chiefs TOs and clock and try to score with about 45 seconds left to take a 4 point lead. 

McDermott should go. I've said it for 2 years. His defense isn't beating any elite QB in the postseason. 

Shakir was wide open.  You take the throw when it's there.  He got hit/effected by Jones or it was going to be a TD.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

This one hurts…as bad as any….on a field goal.

I have been critical of Josh, but he was as lights out and perfect as I ever could have hoped for. A bunch of WR let him down with absolute dimes.

I kinda sorta hated the fake punt, but honestly I get it. The defense was all back ups and bumps/bruises were catching up. Martin struggled. 

BUT. What I hated was putting that play in the hands of Damar Hamlin. If you’re going for it you put Josh Allen on the field. Let him win or lose that down. 

Heart breaker amongst a long list of heart breakers. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Bass makes the kick, you're giving Mahomes the balls with 1:45 seconds and pretending that you're going to stop him when you've done so once all game. We lost on 3rd down, not 4th.

Hit the nail on the head. All the threads will be filled with the usual FIRE EVERYONE! Rabal rabal rabal rabal nonsense but the fact is Josh played a great game but he should have thrown the ball to one of the two open underneath guys for the first down. It was a poor decision on his part to swing for the fences.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Absolute choke job on offense late. I cannot express enough how bad those play calls, and the decisions were on 2nd and 3rd down after the 2 minute warning... We want to run the freaking clock. Get one more 1st down minimum... THEN score. 9 yards... We needed 9 yards there and we had been playing that game all night. Two lousy 5 yard pass plays, maybe a Josh run, stay in bounds... Now they have to take their TO's. Get another 1st and they are in BIG trouble... But instead what do we do? 2 passes to the endzone and Bass sucks...The 1st down play was especially frustrating for me because I think that was the primary... Even if we hit it we're up by 4... Probably 3 because Bass sucks...And there's still almost 2 mins left...

That was terrible 2nd half coaching... Just awful. ...That stupid fake punt... This team is cursed with the inability to execute under pressure. No way should we have lost this game. But once again we beat ourselves.

And the fact that we don't have one freaking WR that can make a play on a ball down field when they have to adjust in the slightest is another problem. We go 0-3 on those long balls and most NFL teams get at least one, if not 2 or all three of those...

Well... There's always next year to choke in the Playoffs again...

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Before anyone asks: No, this wide right is not as painful as the first one. 

A little perspective from those of us who have been around that long: The sun will come out tomorrow and we’ll be back cheering for our team in September. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

-Martin shouldn't have played. Kicked bad. 
-Defense came up on some drives but just too banged up. 
-stuoid call on a fake with Hamlin

-Diggs. Enough with the "so close". 
-Bass. Wide right! Really?  I knew he was going to miss one tonight but that was the most Billsy way to lose tonight. 
- last drive Josh left open guys to get the kill shot. He took the shirt stuff all game long and then does that. just not smart at all. 
idk. It's too much. I Hate the. Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Another gut punch. Have to agree with the sentiment that Bass' miss didn't kill us because Mahomes would have had 1:45 or so left to march downfield for the winner with their money kicker.

On our final drive, he has Diggs open and does he ignore it because Diggs had let him down several times this game?

• Like (+1) 1

I just came here to say…. Beane better get some damn receivers that catch the *****in ball when it’s lands perfectly in both their *****in hands.  I am so *****in sick of seeing the opposition make perfect *****in receptions with perfect *****in coverage… and our receivers drop ***** that literally hits both of their *****in hands.  

And cut Bass.  Wtf. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Shakir was wide open.  You take the throw when it's there.  He got hit by Jones or it was going to be a TD.

Exactly. You go up by 4 with 1:55 left? That's not winning you this game. Did you watch Mahomes struggle at all this game?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.