Bills release Fournette from the Practice Squad

Would've liked to see him get a chance in short-yardage situations a few times. Their version of the tush push is predictable as hell (Allen always goes left), and it's clear they've gone to the well one too many times there.

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah I'm guessing -- and this is totally a guess, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up -- that Fournette was unhappy and requested his release.

I think he envisioned playing a lot more this season. Once the playoffs hit and he was still inactive, I'm guessing he said "I'd like my release so that I can have a chance to contribute elsewhere". The only problem is that I'm not sure where it is he thinks he's going to contribute at this point. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I thought it odd that Murray was active over Fournette yesterday … probably a culmination of displeasure with his lack of useage and a need to roster another player. As long as Ty Johnson is active, Fournette is not a need. 

Murray is already on the 53. As @GunnerBill notes above, we had to elevate a WR and LB yesterday to fill holes. Teams can only elevate two per week. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

really? There wasn't anyone else we could have released?    

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that stinks. He needed to stay patient. I think there is obvious opportunities here for him down the stretch with injuries and renewed focus on running game. 

maybe Baltimore signs him? 

Ravens signed Dalvin Cook 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Interesting. 

I wonder if Fournette asked for release and is hoping to catch on with one of the remaining teams?  He spent 3 years with Tampa Bay, so if they indicated they might sign him, he might very well want to go.

Plus he may have seen the weather in Buffalo and said "uh-uh"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.