Injuries vs Steelers - Update from McDermott

DJB

Bills down 2-3 corners depending on how Douglas, Benford and Johnson can heal. 

Bills down at least a couple linebackers with Spector and Bernard hurt with obviously Milano already gone. 

That is a TON of missing talent on a defense facing Mahomes and Kelce. I’m glad they are not as dominating as they used to be, but still…UGH 

Injuries just flat out suck for this team the past two seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Not a swipe just making a point that Your also not a 24 year old peak performance NFL athlete with top of the line rehab equipment and medical staff around the clock

Happened when I was 21, but you’re right I didn’t have an NFL staff to help me through!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Been a tough game 

T Bernard - X rays negative 

C Benford - Knee -  Out

S Martin - Hamstring - playing 

C McGovern - Back on field

T Johnson - suspected head injury Q

B Spector - Back - out

Johnson and Benford are going to be critical, hopefully they can get Douglas and Dodson back. Getting Douglas and Dodson back will reinforce things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Looked like a dislocated ankle!

Whatever it was, it wasn’t pretty. I feel for the kid. He has been a stud, and it’s a big loss, especially going against a team with a pretty good QB and TE next week. 

I think there’s a chance we get Dodson and Douglas back.  Hopefully we Taron and maybe Rapp as well.  

I would plan on Bernard and Benford being out - which sucks and will hurt.  The Bills won’t be able to win 20-17 again.  Offense is going to have to put up points on a good, physical Chiefs defense known for holding WR’s

If Dodson is a torn labrum as rumored even if he comes back he's likely going to be a shell of himself - and if he takes direct hits on the shoulder it could pop out and/or debilitate him pretty quickly

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

If Dodson is a torn labrum as rumored even if he comes back he's likely going to be a shell of himself - and if he takes direct hits on the shoulder it could pop out and/or debilitate him pretty quickly

Tyrel played quite well, but Williams, Spector, Klein and Bernard would be more than fine. The issue now is that 2 of them are on the injury report 

19 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Where does it say high ankle sprain. It says a sprain. Depending on severity I think it’s a long shot but possible. More likely AFC title game or SB. I agree if it is a high ankle 

He was writhing in pain on the field, couldn't stand on it, and was carted off the field with an air brace applied bc they thought it was broken. I assume it's a High. But whatever kind of sprain it is, that's not something that you just "tape up" and play on 6 days later.

Hopefully we're in the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl. Maybe he has a chance for at least one of those games.

But next week we have to hope Dodson is back and that a full week of practice with the expectation of a heavy workload for Klein and Williams makes them play even better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.