The Secondary after losing Douglas for the game

Benford - INT, handled Hill well

Rapp - Game sealing INT

Hyde - Punch out on Hill to force incompletion and punt

Poyer - Lays the lumber to set up a 3rd down

Jackson - Huge tackle on Berrios to force punt, good coverage in spot duty

T. Johnson - Big TFL, great in run support

The Harty TD was the turning point and Josh won the game in the 4th quarter but man it was this veteran secondary that gave Tua fits when our pressure wasn't even getting home.  Miami ran 17 plays in the second half total and got two first downs.  Two!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Can we give credit to McDermott or is he still fired ?

IMO, McD would have to record two consecutive losing seasons before the Bills would even consider firing him.....Pegula likes him, and he's turned this dead-end franchise into a perennial playoff participant....I think he's earned a longer leash with management than he has with the fans.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I want Douglas back ASAP, but credit to McDermott to scheming to make it work

He's been a revelation.  Really hurt to see him go out!

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

IMO, McD would have to record two consecutive losing seasons before the Bills would even consider firing him.....Pegula likes him, and he's turned this dead-end franchise into a perennial playoff participant....I think he's earned a longer leash with management than he has with the fans.

I’m backnn be on his support train

he got them back - I’m proud of him and have his back again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bills defense made adjustments which helped.  Miami injuries did not help them.

game shouldn't have been close, just like last years game in Miami shouldn't have. Bills dominated and kept the Fins in it by idiotic mistakes.

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Special K said:

It all depends on how he does in the Playoffs.  If they have an early exit, there will be mumblings in One Bills Drive

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Bills defense made adjustments which helped.  Miami injuries did not help them.

Getting hunt back seemed to really stabilize their oline and they had armstead playing which is kind of lucky for them at this point 😂. The defensive injuries seemed to hurt them a lot more than the offense I think.  their offense is just getting figured out by the better DCs

46 minutes ago, LEBills said:

well this certainly makes me feel like it’s probably not serious (fingers crossed)

It was definitely kind of interesting how Rasul was the only injured player (besides Dawkins who returned) that was never actually ruled “out”.

This is great because he was the most important injured player by far.  Followed by Dodson, but there’s a decent drop from Rasul to Dodson imo.

Gabe I’m not even worried about hate to say it. Too many big moments this year where Allen bets on Davis and they just aren’t on the same page at all.  All I know is I didn’t see that stuff happening once Davis checked out. 

Benford is a stud. Hope he’s a Bill for a long time. He’s like the advanced version payoff of all the Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson experimentation. Tyreek was banged up of course but still only had 82 yds as the clear number one option. 

Also none of this post game footage or info indicates that Rasul might be out for awhile. Really seems just more banged up and precautionary. 

Secondary was hitting hard all game…dolphins receivers made some nice plays hanging onto the ball most of the way 

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Benford is a stud. Hope he’s a Bill for a long time. He’s like the advanced version payoff of all the Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson experimentation. Tyreek was banged up of course but still only had 82 yds as the clear number one option. 

Also none of this post game footage or info indicates that Rasul might be out for awhile. Really seems just more banged up and precautionary. 

Idk how banged up tyreek could’ve been if he’s attempting standing backflips during end zone celebrations lol 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

During a rewatch look at that play where Josh put his hand out of bounds but they didn't see it. Rasul is right there and is limping pretty darn hard.

But this extended clip in the locker room is heartening...

Edited by NickelCity
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The defense played a whale of a game.  

Yes, gave up some serious yards early on rushes, but clamped down.  If I am seeing this right, we held them to 47 yards on 5 drives in the 2nd half.

Did not let them score a point after halftime and allowed our offense to find themselves and win the game.

A truly great game!  Score not reflective of how badly we beat them in the 2nd half. 

Edited by davefan66
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.