McDermott has earned the right

Most of you must be have grown up in an abusive home.  You don’t change your tune about a guy bc he’s not currently slapping you around, you have to recall all the times he has and hold him accountable.  

if he can get his team close to the SB, I can forgive him, lose to the Steelers and I’m out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Let's see how we do in the playoffs first.  

Beating a depleted Miami team, barely, while an impressive 2nd-Half, was only moderately impressive.  

Allen was a beast and without Harty's return TD ... 

Having said that, we're all happy until the next game.  Pitt/Pickett should be somewhat of a breather, and hopefully Miami or KC can beat Baltimore at home, then hopefully we keep winning, host the AFCCG and then win the Super Bowl.  

Just let's not get outcoached.  

GO BILLS!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

He doesn't deserve the job until he hangs them up. But for me any thought of him deserving to be fired was contingent on missing the playoffs (not that he would have been anyway but there would have been a legitimate argument that he should). He deserves to coach the team next year. And every season is a new season. You have to earn the right all over again.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This. If we come out flat against a Well coached Tomlin team, I would not be surprised at all. 

Would you be surprised if Mike Tomlin won a playoff game? Because he hasn’t won one since Josh was in community college.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Diggs wants out. Depleted defense. 6-6. Media and fans turned. Tyler Dunne hit article. 

To 2 seed and AFC East Champs. 

Not only was this an admirable job of keeping the team together but the way his defense played down the stretch was remarkable.  He should be HC until he’s decides he wants to hang them up. 

He should be in consideration for coach of the year. 

I said it in the 2nd half thread I said it after Dallas that if he gets this team the division for me I will forgive 13 seconds.  

That’s over.  I’m done with it.  No use looking back.  He could have lost this team he could have lost it tonight and he didn’t.  

I’m not sure all fans understand how big a deal this run has been.  

Now finish it.  Go win the championship.  

And please God let Douglas and Dodson be healthy (who the heck thought we’d be here saying that).  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Let's see how we do in the playoffs first.  

Beating a depleted Miami team, barely, while an impressive 2nd-Half, was only moderately impressive.  

Allen was a beast and without Harty's return TD ... 

Having said that, we're all happy until the next game.  Pitt/Pickett should be somewhat of a breather, and hopefully Miami or KC can beat Baltimore at home, then hopefully we keep winning, host the AFCCG and then win the Super Bowl.  

Just let's not get outcoached.  

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills outgained Miami by 200 yards.

What exactly did you not like about coaching tonight?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Did I make a comment about coaching? 

I said we're all happy.  I'm happy.  

The coaching reference was to our playoff history.  Let's hope it doesn't repeat.  

GO BILLS!!!

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

And let's be honest, this was a depleted Miami team.  

I expected a more decisive win, so did most Bills fans.  

Edited by PBF81

He earned it. It was a long shot at one point, but he did absolutely everything correct to earn it. His defense has been incredible and has improved over last year, minus Milano nonetheless. Minus both of your previous LBs come to think of it. Brady move worked. Yes, McD had pretty much been lights out since he was rightfully on the warm seat.

They also just played a clip of him genuinely screaming with joy on WGR and it’s hard not to root for him. 4 in a row is historic. Hats off

Clappy got us from 6-6 to 11-6 and the division title. We had no business beating the Dolphins tonight. McDermott coached that win out of us. I am done doubting him. He's upper echelon if not elite

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.