NFL wild card weekend TV schedule

Here is the TV schedule for the wild card games. It looks like the Peacock-only games will be on Saturday. 

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-playoff-schedule-bracket

Given that the Bills play Sunday night and assuming we make the playoffs, I have to think there is a good chance we play Sunday or even Monday? 

(I am trying to figure out a way to avoid paying for Peacock again. Also, i will be on a cruise over that weekend, and so I am really hoping we get the MNF game, as I have no idea if I will be able to watch the game while on board).

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Here is the TV schedule for the wild card games. It looks like the Peacock-only games will be on Saturday. 

Given that the Bills play Sunday night and assuming we make the playoffs, I have to think there is a good chance we play Sunday or even Monday? 

(I am trying to figure out a way to avoid paying for Peacock again. Also, i will be on a cruise over that weekend, and so I am really hoping we get the MNF game, as I have no idea if I will be able to watch the game while on board).

If you play Game 272, you can still play on Saturday for the WC.

Take 2021:

Chargers-Raiders - Game 272

Raiders-Bengals - Saturday Wild Card (4:30 PM)

That being said, it is unlikely Bills will play on Peacock again. NBC wants new subscribers. They already got the Buffalo and LA subscribers, who still have their initial month, or who forgot to unsubscribe.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Greed never ends.  Peacock only for a Saturday night Playoff game?  Seriously?

F A I L. 

Total BS. Many fans don't get Peacock. All playoff games should be CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Total BS. Many fans don't get Peacock. All playoff games should be CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN.

But the counterargument that the NFL would give is many fans at one point did not get NFL Network, or Amazon Prime.

• Like (+1) 3

i'd expect Jags/Browns to be MNF. Or titans if they somehow win.

short of that eagles/bucs maybe MNF.

they're not wasting the Bills (Allen), Chiefs (Swift), Cowboys (insult), or another team here. I don't expect the NFL to want to displease the Lions anymore this season - so they'll get a premier matchup time, Sunday 4pm kind of deal. Bills are a lock to get that Saturday night game regardless of seed.

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

But the counterargument that the NFL would give is many fans at one point did not get NFL Network, or Amazon Prime.

I remember a time when not every cable provider would carry NFL Network.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My guess is us on Sunday (assuming w beat Miami).  Steelers, Colts or Texans will have all played on Saturday, so they won’t want to hold our game until Monday.  But it’d be cruel to put us on Saturday, given our Sunday night game in Miami.

My guess is Miami @ KC on Monday, given Miami will have also played on Sunday night.  Browns @ Jags on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can add ESPN to that list too.  Yes the NFL should just turn down money being offered to them so fans can save $6.

Yeah, that's the thing. Until consumers stop buying, the the corporations will keep raising prices or engaging in "shrinkflation".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I remember a time when not every cable provider would carry NFL Network.  

In 2007 when the Patriots were 15-0 and headed into the final week to play the Giants, the game was supposed to be Saturday on NFL Network. At the time, many people did not have NFL Network, and some cable companies did not even *offer* NFL Network. There was outrage that people would miss an potential undefeated season, so the decision was made to air the game on CBS and NBC as well.

47 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I dont mind it being on Peacock. But why not have it on both Peacock and NBC. You get more audience from having it on cable and on streaming. I dont understand why they are just to make it one or the other.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kmart128 said:

I dont mind it being on Peacock. But why not have it on both Peacock and NBC. You get more audience from having it on cable and on streaming. I dont understand why they are just to make it one or the other.

Because it's the only way to get subscribers for that trash service 

39 minutes ago, boyst said:

they're not wasting the Bills (Allen), Chiefs (Swift), Cowboys (insult), or another team here. I don't expect the NFL to want to displease the Lions anymore this season - so they'll get a premier matchup time, Sunday 4pm kind of deal. Bills are a lock to get that Saturday night game regardless of seed.

CLE-JAX would be the perfect Saturday Peacock game. Not big markets so as not to draw even more outrage from the country when they air on Peacock.

As for not displeasing the Lions, there is evidence that the refs were not in error and Dan Cambell tried to trick them.

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Because it's the only way to get subscribers for that trash service 

But does new subscribers really make more than more viewership. I imagine a lot of people will cancel anyways

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Because cable/carrier package delivery is dying a slow death.  Slow migration of humans to full streaming which will be done in the next generation.  Make the inroads and drag the older demographic into the the future.  Generational business shifts....corporations have been reading the writing on the wall for a long time.  

Edited by Lagoon Blues

Just now, Lagoon Blues said:

Because cable/carrier package delivery is dying a slow death.  Slow migration of humans to full streaming which will be done in the next generation.  Make the inroads and drag the older demographic into the the future.

I just dont like it. I stream youtube tv. Just dont see the point. Im not with cable. I strean my television and already pay for NBC. Why pay for peacock as well when i get everything else with YouTube tv 

1 hour ago, chongli said:

If you play Game 272, you can still play on Saturday for the WC.

Take 2021:

Chargers-Raiders - Game 272

Raiders-Bengals - Saturday Wild Card (4:30 PM)

That being said, it is unlikely Bills will play on Peacock again. NBC wants new subscribers. They already got the Buffalo and LA subscribers, who still have their initial month, or who forgot to unsubscribe.

I hope you're right.  I don't want to be stuck with radio for a Bills playoff game.  Also, Buffalo is playing the Sunday evening game next weekend.  It's not a big deal, but that makes it a little tougher physically to get ready for a Saturday game the following weekend.

33 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yeah, that's the thing. Until consumers stop buying, the the corporations will keep raising prices or engaging in "shrinkflation".

Add to that, everything you read is how consumers are dumping cable and satellite and going to streaming.  So the NFL is following the trend and putting the game on a streaming platform exactly what everyone is going to.  But now fans are complaining.  Supposedly either in 2024 or 2025 ESPN will launch a standalone streaming service following that trend.

Read an article the other day think it was in Kiplinger how for under $30 could have a decent streaming options of Peacock, Paramount, Hulu and one other one service.  Would allow you to watch network channels through them.  Admittedly this setup didn't do much for sports lovers.

To the people complaining about the Peacock thing, all I can say is...

It's 2023. If you want to watch the game, it's incredibly easy to do so. For one thing, free trials exist, and it's only $5.99 for one month of it anyway. You're telling me that watching a Bills game or an NFL playoff game isn't worth the cost of one beer to you? 

But even if you have exhausted your free trial or DON'T want to pay to watch, it is still incredibly easy to watch any NFL game you want. The internet is undefeated.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I'm w/you.  I have a family bday party on Sat evening about 3 hours away.  fingers crossed for sunday game!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

To the people complaining about the Peacock thing, all I can say is...

It's 2023. If you want to watch the game, it's incredibly easy to do so. For one thing, free trials exist, and it's only $5.99 for one month of it anyway. You're telling me that watching a Bills game or an NFL playoff game isn't worth the cost of one beer to you? 

But even if you have exhausted your free trial or DON'T want to pay to watch, it is still incredibly easy to watch any NFL game you want. The internet is undefeated.

I believe Peacock doesn't offer a free trial unless you're a Comcast customer or something. It's not the money, it's the PITA of setting up an account, and then cancelling it. And for older, less tech savvy folks, it's an even bigger inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

I just dont like it. I stream youtube tv. Just dont see the point. Im not with cable. I strean my television and already pay for NBC. Why pay for peacock as well when i get everything else with YouTube tv 

Youtube TV is really just broadcast cable for people to stream over the internet(live and on demand/same as cable box).  kind of the medium between old and new...another generation and legacy broadcast channels like NBC, ABC, CBS etc will no longer exist.  I know my wife and I(son as well) and most people we know for that matter...never watch live nbc, abc, abc, any broadcast cable channels ever except for live sports.  Slowly legacy channels are done whether anyone likes it or not.  All of our entertainment revolves around mobile phones(we like the app interfaces better than smart tv interfaces) and chromecasting/smart tv sharing to our main living room or bedroom tv's which is android/apple app centric leading to us not using broadcast style any longer.  Just a long term trend that will culminate next generation.

46 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I believe Peacock doesn't offer a free trial unless you're a Comcast customer or something. It's not the money, it's the PITA of setting up an account, and then cancelling it. And for older, less tech savvy folks, it's an even bigger inconvenience.

Just a quick primer for seniors and away they go....probably a really good business idea lol.  spent 30min bringing my parents in their 70s up to date w/ streaming/chromecasing apps couple years ago and they navigate mobile apps and smart tv streams about 50 50 to regular broadcast tv now with ease.

Edited by Lagoon Blues

My prediction for the schedule based on how I think the seeds will end up 

Saturday afternoon: Texans/Colts vs Browns

Saturday night: Packers vs Lions

Sunday early afternoon: Steelers vs Bills

Sunday late afternoon: Rams vs Cowboys

Sunday night: Dolphins vs Chiefs

Monday night: Eagles vs Bucs

17 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Youtube TV is really just broadcast cable for people to stream over the internet(live and on demand/same as cable box).  kind of the medium between old and new...another generation and legacy broadcast channels like NBC, ABC, CBS etc will no longer exist.  I know my wife and I(son as well) and most people we know for that matter...never watch live nbc, abc, abc, any broadcast cable channels ever except for live sports.  Slowly legacy channels are done whether anyone likes it or not.  All of our entertainment revolves around mobile phones(we like the app interfaces better than smart tv interfaces) and chromecasting/smart tv sharing to our main living room or bedroom tv's which is android/apple app centric leading to us not using broadcast style any longer.  Just a long term trend that will culminate next generation.

Just a quick primer for seniors and away they go....probably a really good business idea lol.  spent 30min bringing my parents in their 70s up to date w/ streaming/chromecasing apps couple years ago and they navigate mobile apps and smart tv streams about 50 50 to regular broadcast tv now with ease.

YouTube TV and Hulu TV is just better. No one wants to have a billion freaking accounts and streaming services to have. Its modern but you can still buy everything you need in one package. The issue with streaming is everything is in a different place so youll need to manage multiple subscription just to make sure you can watch all the games. Youd need Peacock, Paramount, Hulu, and Amazon just to watch just football games and even then youd not have access to Fox because they dont have a streaming platform and need a TV provider to watch from their apps. And this is just to watch Bills games...

Things like YouTube TV and Hulu TV is better you get all those channels owned by those companies and you still get to cut the cord and can cancel whenever you want. 

Until streaming sevices are consolidated into one platform, one account and one bill people are still gonna pay for cable and regular tv programming. And honestly i dont see those companies ever working together to make that happen.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Boy, you really narrowed that down to a clear cut prediction!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, chongli said:

CLE-JAX would be the perfect Saturday Peacock game. Not big markets so as not to draw even more outrage from the country when they air on Peacock.

As for not displeasing the Lions, there is evidence that the refs were not in error and Dan Cambell tried to trick them.

Bills vs anyone is prime for peacock. Chiefs is even better, but swifties are not going to pay to see her. Bills already invested in Peacock so it's unilkely they try to do it again. Dallas for a premium sub is also a wise choice.

Edited by boyst

14 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Until streaming sevices are consolidated into one platform, one account and one bill people are still gonna pay for cable and regular tv programming. And honestly i dont see those companies ever working together to make that happen.

I agree with you on quite a few of your opinions on liking vs disliking but i think the above you may be a little incorrect on just due to the fact that young people are already doing it.  They are already on one platform and completely consolidated from the perspective of your cell phone operating system.  That is the mental shift of the younger generation.  It takes as many clicks on a tv remote to change channels or on demand as it does on a cell phone to swap between apps and cast, and that is what they are/have grown up doing comparatively .  That is why it is going to be a generational thing.  You and I grew up with the old way so that seems like the "correct" way.  Younger people today have no problem making 3 touches on a screen to change to another app and cast.  It is akin to our parents generation could not fathom not having cash or a check book on them at all times.  I can't even remember the last time I had cash in my pocket. Havent been in a bank in probably over 5 years...Haven't written a check in probably 9 years(think it was on a new house loan).  Just generational changes in the world.  

AI is going to kill us all anyways eventually so it doesnt really matter...Cheers man! lol

Edited by Lagoon Blues

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I'm w/you.  I have a family bday party on Sat evening about 3 hours away.  fingers crossed for sunday game!

I swear, this happens to me every year. We have planned quick Florida trips around MLK day the last few years.

Once I was able to watch it live in the hotel, since it was a night game. Last year, it was a disaster— had to avoid media for like a full day and watch it late at night. A few years back against Jax in 2018, my wife threw a surprise birthday party that coincided exactly during the game. 

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I swear, this happens to me every year. We have planned quick Florida trips around MLK day the last few years.

Once I was able to watch it live in the hotel, since it was a night game. Last year, it was a disaster— had to avoid media for like a full day and watch it late at night. A few years back against Jax in 2018, my wife threw a surprise birthday party that coincided exactly during the game. 

Doh!  Yeah it's going to be forever for me at this point, great-nephew turning 2, we're the closest blood family to them, even at 3 hours away.   At the end of the day, i can make my wife drive us home while i watch on the tablet lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, chongli said:

Yes, but how many playoff games have been aired on NFL Network & Amazon Prime?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.