Elam Activated

KingBoots8

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Roster at 53 now.  Wonder who will get released of/when they activate DaQuan Jones 

It's really hard to go though the roster and pick someone out.  Maybe Ifedi but I'm not sure they want to mess with the OL room.

And they still have Phillips coming back probably in the postseason, if they win a game.  Really speaks to the roster depth.

32 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Wow… this mean no Jones against New England

They had an open roster spot that we all assumed was going to Jones.  He might not be ready to return which is a bummer 

30 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Just so people know, Elam’s practice window expired yesterday so the Bills either had to activate him today or put him on season-ending IR. 

I think that was the tiebreaker. The word was that Jones was always targeting a Week 18 return, which is when we really need him. 

If Elam can't hang with the WRs the Pats are throwing out, then it's time to give up on him.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Can they put a player on IR who's not really injured ?

Great news about Elam !!!

yea teams do it all the time.  A player will probably come up with a hamstring or ankle injury after practice friday and will be put on IR so they can activate Jones.

also I am a little concerned that Hyde could still end up on IR and miss the rest of the year which would make sense they then put elam on the roster if they need guys in the secondary and allowing them to activate jones.  Hope this doesn't happen though.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It's really hard to go though the roster and pick someone out.  Maybe Ifedi but I'm not sure they want to mess with the OL room.

And they still have Phillips coming back probably in the postseason, if they win a game.  Really speaks to the roster depth.

This is my guess as well. Probably try to cut and stash on the PS if he makes it past Billy B trying to get some info before our match lol

34 minutes ago, JohnNord said:
36 minutes ago, MPL said:

Been saving him just for the playoffs. 

Makes sense but they need to make the playoffs first.  Also you don’t want to just start him after a 3 month layoff.  

He needs time to shake off the rust.  You don’t want him doing this in wildcard weekend.  

Was mostly just a joke about people around here talking about how great he was in the playoffs last year. 

39 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Can they put a player on IR who's not really injured ?

Great news about Elam !!!

Teams can but if player/agent does not want to cooperate they can force issue with doctor's evaluation and if the NFL arbitrator (i.e. GoodForNothingEll flunkie) agrees then player can become a free agent or team might still be able to activate player / pay for games they should have been active.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Saving him for Miami. 

The only problem I have with that is that you want to slowly increase his reps.   IMO this is easier to do in NE than it in a likely “must win” situation in Week 18

45 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think that was the tiebreaker. The word was that Jones was always targeting a Week 18 return, which is when we really need him. 

If Elam can't hang with the WRs the Pats are throwing out, then it's time to give up on him.

Where did you see the “word” that Jones was targeting a W18 return?  Joe B and a few others thought he’d be active this Sunday.  

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'm pretty sure rosters expand in the post season so if Phillips is needy that shouldn't be a problem

Or I'm sure who ever they do cut to make room would be able to slide to the practice squad 

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Wow… this mean no Jones against New England

They had an open roster spot that we all assumed was going to Jones.  He might not be ready to return which is a bummer 

I don't think it means "no Jones" against NE necessarily. 

I think it means that Elam had a 21 day window to be elevated or revert to season-ending IR.  Elam's window was opened Dec 6th so it expired today, so the Bills had to make a decision today.

AFAIK Jones can practice with the team and be elevated to the roster as late the day before, when PS elevations take place.  But his window opened only a week ago, so the Bills have 2 more weeks to make a decision on him.  No need to tip their hand today.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.