Why is it so hard for fans to admit reality?

oldmanfan

We were the better team.  We had more passing yards, rushing yards, better 3rd down % and had 5 sacks (to one).

3 turnovers to 0.  3 plays almost stopped us from being the better team- almost.  We made plays when we needed to. The chargers did not.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Oh man can’t let it go huh lil buddy?

Sorry but children don’t get to make the seating assignments. I feel safe making that assessment based on the quality of your posts. But like I said. Cute. 

But go back to your little name calling posts. Really showcases your talent 🤣🤣

Yeah. It was you that jumped into the conversation that you weren’t a part of. Hiding behind an alias no less.. Only 500 posts in 6 years. Just screams your alter ego standing up for yourself once and for all. But somehow I can’t let it go. Here, I’ll be the bigger man and stop replying. I’m guessing you won’t do the same. Because you’re a child that thinks youre special. Heres a hint, you aren’t. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The team didn’t play well at all yesterday, which many posters thought it was a real possibility. Big win the previous week, a short week, flying west, etc.   no one is making excuses, but games like this happen.  I take a win lucky or otherwise at this point.  There’s no other choice.  I’m not sure why someone would gripe out it. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m sorry, do you actually think the team played well yesterday?  Happy we won of course but they can’t play like that and expect to go anywhere.

Ahhhhh there it is!! The old “can’t expect to play like that and beat________” Boeing cliche that’s used in here all the time after a close win. Here’s the thing about close wins-it’s an absolute impossibility to play a flawless game and also have the game be close. All i keep reading all season is “the Bills got lucky that this didn’t happen” no they are winning some close games and losing some close ones. A big complaint on here is the Bills can’t win close games. Guess what, they won a close game yesterday. In case you have forgotten, the other team is also paid to play football too.

i feel like you’re ignoring the responses being made to your posts-not one person has said they played a good game yesterday. They played an ugly game BUT THEY STILL WON. That is infinitely more important than whatever point you’re trying to make 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

I can agree with that.  But if you are introduce luck as a substantial factor, then you can easily say the reason the Bills 13-2 is because of “luck.”   And you can’t discount luck as a factor in why some teams win the SB and why other don’t.

The problem is that Bills fans want it both ways.  The Bills are lucky when they win a game versus a bad opponent but when they lose a close game it’s their own fault.

8 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

The way they played last night. If that was a good team the bills lose. If they had Herbert, Allen, Williams, bosa, day, a head coach, the bills don’t win with even two or three of those guys playing. 

The problem for me is when is the so so bills team last night going to start playing like the great team we know they are? even if they make the playoffs a performance like that and they are one and done! I’m thinking of the playoffs, not last night! 

For the most part this is the way they have played more often than not. Maybe they aren't that great team that everyone thinks they are. IMO Baltimore right now is the only AFC team that's played consistently for most of the season. Everyone else is average at best. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

For the most part this is the way they have played more often than not. Maybe they aren't that great team that everyone thinks they are. IMO Baltimore right now is the only AFC team that's played consistently for most of the season. Everyone else is average at best. 

You scared of being successful bro?  You scared?!?!?!

• Dislike 1

There isn’t a single team in this league that hasn’t had flat games.  The 49ers lost three in a row.  

My concerns coming out of last nights game are this

-Cook dropped a pass or fumbled in each of the last 4 games that either led to a turnover or missed TD.  As great as he’s been, that’s a problem 

-Josh is under throwing a lot of deep balls and had some short throw accuracy issues as well.   It’s not normal for him and I don’t know what’s up

-Diggs is not Diggs most of the game.  
-There’s at least one ST blunder per game it seems.  

All of those are going to cost us a game we need, and I’m worried when it’s going to happen next. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

You really have done a 180 since the off-season.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean, who cares?  We did enough to win.  A win is a win.  I would not say Josh sucked yesterday except the final drive. He had almost 72% completions 237 1TD passing and 2 more TDs running.  Did he miss some passes and throw an INT?  Yeah.  Thats not sucking though. Thats missing some passes and throwing an INT.  All qbs do that.  The oline is what sucked yesterday. Allowing pressure, causing penalties on big plays and killing drives.

This type of thing happens when you are on a short week and have to travel across the country and are playing basically a new team because there are no tendencies with a new coach and unknown QB.  As for the defense, I think you are too hard on them considering the players we are missing and further got banged up in this game plus turning the ball over 3 times to them.  The defense kept them kicking fgs all game except one TD drive.  On top of all that the refs were obviously one sided making every tacky call against us but not calling them for the same *****.

You can say we are lucky and think that.  I don't really care.  Dont tell me what to think.

Great point on the refereeing.  On the Charger TD.  Poona Ford was blatantly held as Stick ran around the right side.  The calls were very one sided.  Just like in London against the Jags.  And in Philly against the Eagles.  But we won on a nice drive at the end of the game.  And the defense played well w a lot of injuries.  

We don’t really have a #1 WR anymore because Diggs can not consistently beat DB’s down the field.  He can still play.  But not dominate.  And Kincaid has been put into mothballs.   But this is a resilient tough team regardless.  And will be a tough out the rest of the season.  Especially if the O line plays at a high level.  

The original poster needs to get a grip.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Some object to my saying we were lucky to win.  How about saying we were very, very fortunate?

We were fortunate because despite the sloppy play we still outplayed them enough as a team to win the football game.  There were no fluke plays that made us "lucky"

My only issues yesterday were line play and the obvious bad RB play throughout. When the OL doesn’t dominate, we’re a pretty bad team.

i didn’t love the time management at the end. I’d much rather have a TD, not put the whole season on your kicker, and not put your defense in a position where a FG wins.

Edited by Governor

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.