Gabe Davis- Do you want him back and for how much $

NewEra

Do you want to resign Gabe Davis- If so, how much should we pay him?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gabe Davis back? If so, for how much $?

• No- I don’t want him back- I’m over him.
    • Yes- but as a WR3-5 and under 5M aav
    • Yes- He’s an average WR2- I’d pay him 5-9M aav
    • Yes- He’s a good WR2- I’d pay him 9m+ aav

7 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

At this point in the season Gabe is 40th in yards, 8th in TD catches, and blocks better than almost every receiver in league. I do want him back because he helps us be better but he needs to be paid as a high 3 level not a 2. 

That's really not great for a second option in a good offense

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That's really not great for a second option in a good offense

You know there are 32 teams so at LEAST 75% of teams have zero players with more TD recpetions and more than 50% likely only have one receiver with more yards. I agree he benefits from the team he plays on but these are good numbers for a number 2, even without discussing his blocking which is elite for a WR. I doubt he will ever be #1 and as I stated before we should offer #3 receiver money but I think someone will offer him Bobby Trees money. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You know there are 32 teams so at LEAST 75% of teams have zero players with more TD recpetions and more than 50% likely only have one receiver with more yards. I agree he benefits from the team he plays on but these are good numbers for a number 2, even without discussing his blocking which is elite for a WR. I doubt he will ever be #1 and as I stated before we should offer #3 receiver money but I think someone will offer him Bobby Trees money. 

Look at the best teams/offenses tho

Dolphins have two guys w more production (yards) than Davis, Chiefs have two, Eagles have two, Niners and Jags actually have 3 each

It's a real handicap imo

Gabe is gone. He’s the Tremaine Edmunds of the offense. Beane will let him test FA and someone will pay him a ridiculous amount of money. I’d expect us to draft a WR high to take that #2 spot and potentially be #1 when Diggs is done in a couple years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Dolphins have two guys w more production (yards) than Davis, Chiefs have two, Eagles have two, Niners and Jags actually have 3 each

It's a real handicap imo

Ok. That’s 5 teams. Who are the others? 

and I’m not trying to be a dick here. And I am really not going to bother myself looking it up. Can you just tell me what WR on the Chiefs has more yards and TDs than Gabe Davis? And the 49ers and Jags, are they including the TEs like in expecting you did with the Chiefs also? 

facts are facts. Davis is statistically in the category of being better than more than half other teams in the leagues #2 WRs. And I bet he’s statistically better than some teams number 1s in yards. And he’s top 8 in the league in TDs. That’s not an easy task considering all those other great WRs that many want to talk about how they are so much better than Gabe. 

it’s obvious he hasn’t been great. He’s been missing for 4-5 games this year completely. And yet he’s still on the board for being a top WR in the league. Imagine what some team will offer him thinking what they could get out of him if they game plan around him. The guy is gonna get paid. Top 2 money at the very least. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

and I’m not trying to be a dick here. And I am really not going to bother myself looking it up. Can you just tell me what WR on the Chiefs has more yards and TDs than Gabe Davis? And the 49ers and Jags, are they including the TEs like in expecting you did with the Chiefs also? 

facts are facts. Davis is statistically in the category of being better than more than half other teams in the leagues #2 WRs. And I bet he’s statistically better than some teams number 1s in yards. And he’s top 8 in the league in TDs. That’s not an easy task considering all those other great WRs that many want to talk about how they are so much better than Gabe. 

it’s obvious he hasn’t been great. He’s been missing for 4-5 games this year completely. And yet he’s still on the board for being a top WR in the league. Imagine what some team will offer him thinking what they could get out of him if they game plan around him. The guy is gonna get paid. Top 2 money at the very least. 

43 rec for 725 and 7 tuddies with 2 games left. 1k season is definitely in play. 

Don't know if that's #2 money put he's gonna get an offer better than what the Bills can offer if they wanted to.

Plus his unhappy mom on Twitter X isn't helping. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Gabe is gone. He’s the Tremaine Edmunds of the offense. Beane will let him test FA and someone will pay him a ridiculous amount of money. I’d expect us to draft a WR high to take that #2 spot and potentially be #1 when Diggs is done in a couple years.

This. Close the thread. Davis was a nice piece and a good team guy. Honestly hope he gets paid and he cashes in. Just with someone else. 

Bills needs young speed. Would have loved Smith-Njigba over Kincaid last draft but he was gone. 

No matter where Bills draft they need a young WR on a rookie deal.  Most likely 1st round but no later than 2nd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yes I included TEs so it's just pass catchers in general, Rice is the guy on Chiefs w more yards and I believe same amount of TDs

Lions are on there as well as would be Vikings if Jefferson hadn't been injured

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes I included TEs so it's just pass catchers in general, Rice is the guy on Chiefs w more yards and I believe same amount of TDs

Lions are on there as well as would be Vikings if Jefferson hadn't been injured

But Jefferson was injured. It’s a fact. End of the day who has better stats. And I say that not even knowing. It doesn’t matter what guys are injured or aren’t. 

and TEs don’t count. We’re talking WRs and if Gabe is better than the #2 on other teams in the league. I’m not doing the work here. I really dont need to be proven correct. But if you want to go down the list and tell me what #2s you’d rather have over Gabe I’m all ears. 

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a real handicap imo

I appreciate you proving my point without a doubt. The second receiver with KC has 30 more yards than Gabe and all three Jags receivers have less than 70 more than Gabe. You have two teams with a #2 WR who is really outpacing Gabe with yards and no other #2 WR has more TD receptions. You have confirmed everything I said.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

But Jefferson was injured. It’s a fact. End of the day who has better stats. And I say that not even knowing. It doesn’t matter what guys are injured or aren’t. 

and TEs don’t count. We’re talking WRs and if Gabe is better than the #2 on other teams in the league. I’m not doing the work here. I really dont need to be proven correct. But if you want to go down the list and tell me what #2s you’d rather have over Gabe I’m all ears. 

So just my opinion of course

I'd rather have Waddle, Kirk, Addison, Devonta Smith, Aiyuk, Higgins, Godwin, Lockett, Nacua in that#2 spot for sure

Guys like Diontae Johnson and Jeudy maybe push

51 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a real handicap imo

Which means it is a good idea for Bills to sign him again.

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This. Close the thread. Davis was a nice piece and a good team guy. Honestly hope he gets paid and he cashes in. Just with someone else. 

Bills needs young speed. Would have loved Smith-Njigba over Kincaid last draft but he was gone. 

No matter where Bills draft they need a young WR on a rookie deal.  Most likely 1st round but no later than 2nd.

Absolutely not.  Somehow you think you are some sort of leper which makes thread untouchable once you say it is over.

I bet you cannot follow your own advice and will continue posting on it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

So just my opinion of course

I'd rather have Waddle, Kirk, Addison, Devonta Smith, Aiyuk, Higgins, Godwin, Lockett, Nacua in that#2 spot for sure

Guys like Diontae Johnson and Jeudy maybe push

So, to be clear. Out of all the guys in the league. You would rather have 9 guys than Davis. And push at 11. 

and my argument is that he’s easily top 50% of #2s in this league. And without looking, I’d imagine he’s got similar yards to at least half of them. And more TDs than most of them. And he was completely MIA for 4-5 games. 

I understand what you’re saying. I’m just saying, after all that, you could only come up with 9 guys that you absolutely would rather have than Davis. I would argue that when some of those guys contracts are up, Waddle, Higgins, Smith, Addison, they will all be paid like #1s and are likely considered #1s. 

Davis is not a bad #2. The problem is peoples expectations of what a #2 actually is. For the 9 number 2s that you pointed out I bet I could find at least 5+ number 1s that he’s clearly better than. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

So, to be clear. Out of all the guys in the league. You would rather have 9 guys than Davis. And push at 11. 

and my argument is that he’s easily top 50% of #2s in this league. And without looking, I’d imagine he’s got similar yards to at least half of them. And more TDs than most of them. And he was completely MIA for 4-5 games. 

I understand what you’re saying. I’m just saying, after all that, you could only come up with 9 guys that you absolutely would rather have than Davis. I would argue that when some of those guys contracts are up, Waddle, Higgins, Smith, Addison, they will all be paid like #1s and are likely considered #1s. 

Davis is not a bad #2. The problem is peoples expectations of what a #2 actually is. For the 9 number 2s that you pointed out I bet I could find at least 5+ number 1s that he’s clearly better than. 

I think we basically agree

I just think the top teams tend to have better options at that spot

As far as Davis' particular skillset and how it impact the offense goes 😂😂 that's a longer conversation 

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

This is just total receiving yards on the year and I would be hard pressed to find anybody on that list I'm not taking over Gabe. It's about route running. We can't afford to have our #2 option only running routes downfield. Hell, Shakir is debatable as far as who you take. At least Shakir can run the full tree. Davis is a niche player for us which is why he can just be taken out of games. No thanks.  

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think we basically agree

I just think the top teams tend to have better options at that spot

As far as Davis' particular skillset and how it impact the offense goes 😂😂 that's a longer conversation 

Yes. I think the top. Super pass heavy teams. Usually the teams with 2 studs at WR have better options. But only until they become FAs. Like I mentioned. Out of those players you’ve mentioned. I doubt Higgins staying Cincy. He’ll be paid true #1 money elsewhere. When Waddle is up for contract he will get the same. Godwin is too old for that boat. So is Kirk but he already got that treatment years ago. Those teams got lucky by drafting studs and getting multiple players on team friendly, or rookie deals. It won’t last long. 

as far as Davis’ skill set. That depends on what you want out of a WR. But I’d guess that McConservative absolutely finds Davis’ skillset to be extremely important. He’s a good blocker. For a conservative run heavy team. Lol

11 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

This is just total receiving yards on the year and I would be hard pressed to find anybody on that list I'm not taking over Gabe. It's about route running. We can't afford to have our #2 option only running routes downfield. Hell, Shakir is debatable as far as who you take. At least Shakir can run the full tree. Davis is a niche player for us which is why he can just be taken out of games. No thanks.  

Ugh. Just stop. He’s 39th in the league in yards on that list. You do realize that each team has 2 starting WRs? You do realize that there’s 32 teams in the league? You do know that 32x2 is 64? So obviously he is in the midway point of #2s in the league. Even better than some #1s. Justin Jefferson is below him on that list so he must be better than Justin Jefferson right? 

and with all joking aside. He’s top 10 for TDs in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. You can’t ask for much more than that out of a #2 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mrags said:

Yes. I think the top. Super pass heavy teams. Usually the teams with 2 studs at WR have better options. But only until they become FAs. Like I mentioned. Out of those players you’ve mentioned. I doubt Higgins staying Cincy. He’ll be paid true #1 money elsewhere. When Waddle is up for contract he will get the same. Godwin is too old for that boat. So is Kirk but he already got that treatment years ago. Those teams got lucky by drafting studs and getting multiple players on team friendly, or rookie deals. It won’t last long. 

as far as Davis’ skill set. That depends on what you want out of a WR. But I’d guess that McConservative absolutely finds Davis’ skillset to be extremely important. He’s a good blocker. For a conservative run heavy team. Lol

Ugh. Just stop. He’s 39th in the league in yards on that list. You do realize that each team has 2 starting WRs? You do realize that there’s 32 teams in the league? You do know that 32x2 is 64? So obviously he is in the midway point of #2s in the league. Even better than some #1s. Justin Jefferson is below him on that list so he must be better than Justin Jefferson right? 

and with all joking aside. He’s top 10 for TDs in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. You can’t ask for much more than that out of a #2 

Ughh, no dude. Just because his production rate is above league average for a #2 doesn’t mean he can run an in route. His ability to impact a game is measured more by his ability to threaten a defense which he can only do over the top and no, I don’t want my #2 WR to only be a vertical threat. Your analysis doesn’t factor in multiple things that are relevant. 

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Ughh, no dude. Just because his production rate is above league average for a #2 doesn’t mean he can run an in route. His ability to impact a game is measured more by his ability to threaten a defense which he can only do over the top and no, I don’t want my #2 WR to only be a vertical threat. Your analysis doesn’t factor in multiple things that are relevant. 

What IS RELEVANT, is that he’s got more TDs in the league than everyone but like 8 players at the position. In an argument, details matter. And the details are that Gabe is more effective and more important to this team than you think. 

with that being said, I still don’t want him back at the rate the HE WILL demand and receive from some team out there.  

merry Christmas 

Just now, mrags said:

What IS RELEVANT, is that he’s got more TDs in the league than everyone but like 8 players at the position. In an argument, details matter. And the details are that Gabe is more effective and more important to this team than you think. 

with that being said, I still don’t want him back at the rate the HE WILL demand and receive from some team out there.  

merry Christmas 

All you’re measuring is production. He has the deepest average depth of target in the NFL. Which is because he can only run half the route tree. Which means he can only assist our offense in routes past 15 yards. Which makes our offense extremely inconsistent. This isn’t baseball. You can’t just look at a players stat line and not evaluate it as far as how it impacts the rest of the team. 

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

All you’re measuring is production. He has the deepest average depth of target in the NFL. Which is because he can only run half the route tree. Which means he can only assist our offense in routes past 15 yards. Which makes our offense extremely inconsistent. This isn’t baseball. You can’t just look at a players stat line and not evaluate it as far as how it impacts the rest of the team. 

K. Merry Christmas 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think anyone would have a problem keeping Gabe at the right price, but that’s the problem. He’s going to get premium WR2 money and I don’t think McBeane are going to pay that to a guy who disappears for 4 games at a time and has a limited skill set.

13 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I don’t think anyone would have a problem keeping Gabe at the right price, but that’s the problem. He’s going to get premium WR2 money and I don’t think McBeane are going to pay that to a guy who disappears for 4 games at a time and has a limited skill set.

This. I’d bet Gabe earns top 3 money for all the FA WRs his season. Higgins and Evans will get more. And I don’t even know who else is available. But I bet he gets paid top 3. Definitely top 5. And let’s be real, Higgins is a 1. Evans is a 1. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

This. I’d bet Gabe earns top 3 money for all the FA WRs his season. Higgins and Evans will get more. And I don’t even know who else is available. But I bet he gets paid top 3. Definitely top 5. And let’s be real, Higgins is a 1. Evans is a 1. 

Spotrac says he could get $13.5 AAV in Free Agency.  If he does that Diggs will probably have his agent speed dialing Beane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.