Gabe Davis- Do you want him back and for how much $

NewEra

Do you want to resign Gabe Davis- If so, how much should we pay him?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gabe Davis back? If so, for how much $?

• No- I don’t want him back- I’m over him.
    • Yes- but as a WR3-5 and under 5M aav
    • Yes- He’s an average WR2- I’d pay him 5-9M aav
    • Yes- He’s a good WR2- I’d pay him 9m+ aav

I think he is worth keeping as a 2/3 at the 6-8mil range. The Bills need to draft a receiver high to be the 1a though imo.  They need to get Josh a better weapon and stop with these low grade receivers.  Kincaid was a start.  Shakir is alright but IMO we need a 1a opposite Diggs.  Time to invest in the offense 2 years ago.  Thats how you keep a top team. Problem is, the defense is going to take big hits next year and they are going to need to retool.

I have a feeling his FA experience will be similar to Poyer's & he'll come back cheap. Teams will see that he had 3 games with 0 catches & 2 games with only 1 catch, and won't be offering $8M+.

Either that or he ends up in KC & catches 10 TDs...

1 hour ago, balln said:

I voted 2. But I’m changing to letting him walk. He’ll be more valuable as a comp pick. Nothing wrong with it. He had immediate production as a rookie. Had an epic performance in playoffs. Good production for a 4th rd pick. He’s nothing special. And he’s only going downhill athletically at this point 

I was thinking that initially (rather have a comp pick) but I don’t think anyone is going to pay him more than 11m.  What kind of a comp pick do you get for losing a 10M WR?   

I’d put gabe in with Lazard, JuJu and MVS.  10M buyers remorse WRs.  Not worthy and more like 5-7M WRs.  

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I say no. I'm over the Gabe Davis experiment. He's not terrible, but I'm not paying a guy $3M-$5M to be the 4th WR. Let someone else make that mistake, just like Chicago with paying Edmunds. 

Surely you meant $13-$15 million?

I like Gabe, but he's replaceable.  I'd like a more explosive guy opposite Stef, that could eventually fill the role of #1.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What did they pay Harty, $6M/year?  If they could sign him for under $10M, they’ll consider that a steal relative to a guy like Harty.  But I’d be shocked if someone in the market doesn’t pay him over $10M/year, and value his potential over us.

This is where I’m at. If they can manage to pay Hardly what they are paying him then they can fork over and pay Gabe close to $10m. Do I think he’s worth it? Compared to other 3rd options on other teams in this league he’s a top 5. If you’re ranking him as a 2nd option then his worth drops a bit. But statistically I’d bet is still close to half the leagues #2s I bet. I just wouldn’t want to pay him like a real #2. Give him between 5-10 (hopefully closer to 5) and be extremely happy. 

but imo he will get paid in the $15m per year range from someone else. And he should absolutely take it. 

• Agree 2

I like Gabe, he is a very good WR 3 / 4, a mediocre #2, jmo.

GO BILLS!!!

He drops too many passes so let him go. I'm hoping Beane makes another trade with Minnesota or somebody of a 1st round pick for another stud WR like Diggs.  Or sign a top notch dude in FA or draft a really good one that can produce as a rookie.  I have no idea on the money part. I'm just a football fan, not an accounting fan.

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am definitely of the opinion I want him back at the right price but I am quite sure someone believes they can turn him into a great receiver and will pay him 3 years $36 million to have the chance. If he was available for 2 years at $12 total I would say yes. 

But why?  He’s not fast.  He’s not sudden.  He doesn’t get good separation.  Hes not an explosive leader.  He’s not good on contested catches.  He had zero broken tackles in 2022.  He has had a penchant for drops.   

🤷🏻‍♂️ I view his success as 65% Josh, 30% Gabes extreme hard work, 5% Gabes physical talent.  

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

He drops too many passes so let him go. I'm hoping Beane makes another trade with Minnesota or somebody of a 1st round pick for another stud WR like Diggs.  Or sign a top notch dude in FA or draft a really good one that can produce as a rookie.  I have no idea on the money part. I'm just a football fan, not an accounting fan.

Agreed.  I’m all in to trade future picks to secure Odunze or Nabers.  

2 hours ago, mrags said:

but imo he will get paid in the $15m per year range from someone else.

Really?? Even before this season I found that popular prognostication hard to believe, and now...

The Chiefs gave $10M AAV to MVS. I am certain that is Davis's ceiling. My guess is 3 years $30M but with an easy out after year 2. I'll guess the Ravens as his next team. A blocking WR fits their team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He’s got to be doing what we ask Sherfield to do.  

But someone is going to overpay and we can’t afford to give him 7-9 AAV or more.  

The better question is what do you pay a number 2 WR on a team that already has an elite number 1 and a QB making big money like Josh. 

The optimal situation is Miami with Waddle and Hill or Bengals with Chase and Higgins (they will likely lose Higgins) and now the Vikings with Addison and Jefferson.  

So the answer is you need to draft one and hit.  They need to draft TWO WRs this year and bring in another one or two - guys and let Davis go.  

Or, you find a way to make it work with Davis around 8-10 mill per knowing Diggs will soon be off the books - draft his replacement (hopefully TWO of them) and you have your elite (hopefully) young prospects to pair with Davis who will make only 8-10 mill per by the time Diggs is done here.   

If any of that makes sense.  

I still love Davis the human and what he brings as far as work ethic and character - and man when he plays good he looks like a top 5 WR.   

Or just let him go make tax free money in Vegas or Florida idk.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.