So....Thick Cowboy Steaks on the Grill for the Dallas Game?

HIT BY SPIKES

Brisket.  Low and slow.  Use post oak with an offset firebox or the easy way with a pellet grill.

Trim the fat to a 1/4" and hit it with lots of course salt and pepper.  Smoke for 12 to 14 hours.  When it hits 203 degrees remove it, wrap it in a towel and place in a cooler so it can rest for at least an hour.

So start the cook around 9pm Saturday night.

The guy makes awesome rubs as well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

With baked beans

Bo1xKmQIEAAFra2.jpg

Definitely Baked Beans.

I make awesome baked beans.

I will get a new 30L keg of IPA on Friday for the ManCave Kegerator from here…

https://cliffordbrewing.com/clifford-beers/

Beans, Onions, Fried Eggs, Broccoli and high IBU IPAs — What could go wrong?

I hope the wife wants to cuddle after the game.

8 hours ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

Brisket.  Low and slow.  Use post oak with an offset firebox or the easy way with a pellet grill.

Trim the fat to a 1/4" and hit it with lots of course salt and pepper.  Smoke for 12 to 14 hours.  When it hits 203 degrees remove it, wrap it in a towel and place in a cooler so it can rest for at least an hour.

Did that last week and I am still eating left over Beef Brisket and Pork Side Ribs from the electric smoker.

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Tri-tip on the Traeger with pinquito beans and grilled corn on the cob.

30b6e6311ba9878fa7712c80701a03fd.jpg

Tri-Tip's are awesome.  We'll do one for Christmas day. 

On the Traeger until it hit's 125f then on to the charcoal grill, high temp, to sear it. 

IE the reverse sear method.

Edited by Amarillo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Two inch thick boneless ribeye medium rare, jmo, 😁👍

On 12/12/2023 at 4:44 PM, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

Id add to this that you need to get a whole packer brisket, not just the flat from the grocery store, otherwise it'll dry out on you.  Look for a uniform thickness if you can, and don't be afraid to get the choice cut over prime, it's not worth the extra spend and can get too tender. 

Assuming you are using butcher paper?  For the rest I usually line my cooler bottom with cardboard, insert the brisket, then put a layer of cardboard over the papered brisket.   That way you don't get murdered by your wife for beef grease stains on your towels.  Also fun to dry off with a brisket scented towel...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.